Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 12:18 PM

973 posts, read 1,704,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Theres lots of men that are attracted to big woman or in my case I don't differentiate between average to large woman as long as they are proportionate and have other things going for them. Not talking about someone so large it is unhealthy since being healthy is a point of attraction too.

Society in many respects tells us that is is ok for us to discriminate against people, especially woman over some ideal weight but it is not ok to discriminate against race or ethnic group.
Morbidly obese women are not "proportionate"....

Just saying....

Last edited by Sagitarrius48; 07-27-2011 at 12:35 PM.. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2011, 12:22 PM

946 posts, read 2,917,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I personally see a dress hanging on an assembly of bones. You may see something different...
I think it's mostly the dress- it's basically a curtain drape. Not the best dress to pick if you're practically flat-chested, it just accentuates it that much more. Otherwise, I don't think she looks all that bad.

Old 07-27-2011, 12:47 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilamx View Post
I think it's mostly the dress- it's basically a curtain drape. Not the best dress to pick if you're practically flat-chested, it just accentuates it that much more. Otherwise, I don't think she looks all that bad.
It's true the dress is not in the least flattering, but I also don't find such skinny and flat ironing boards appealing and feminine. Sounds like some men don't mind them... Whatever. No skin off my nose.

Old 07-27-2011, 01:34 PM

4,500 posts, read 12,337,523 times
Quote:
I personally see a dress hanging on an assembly of bones. You may see something different...
Quote:
It's true the dress is not in the least flattering, but I also don't find such skinny and flat ironing boards appealing and feminine. Sounds like some men don't mind them... Whatever. No skin off my nose.
I believe that picture was taken at a time where she was exeptionally (for her) thin due to familiar and work related stress.

But why the pick between someone who's underweight and someone who appears obese? Why not someone who look healthy and fit?

But yes, given the choice between someone who's underweight (on occasion) and someone obese, I'd take the one struggling to maintain a healthy weight any day of the week. At least she's fit, which you can't say for the aforementioned person.

Old 07-27-2011, 01:36 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,719,635 times

‪Bob Dylan- It ain`t me babe studio version‬‏ - YouTube

Old 07-27-2011, 01:57 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheViking85 View Post
But why the pick between someone who's underweight and someone who appears obese? Why not someone who look healthy and fit?
Oh, those were just examples. I'm all for happy mediums myself.

Old 07-27-2011, 02:02 PM

3,360 posts, read 8,386,514 times
Quote:
In a marriage aren't we supposed to have a higher commitment level than just physical attraction?
In a good marriage, love is unconditional, attraction is not unconditional. A previous poster said that if she married a husband with a full head of hair and then he went bald, to draw away from him would be "shallow."

This is a faulty analogy to someone getting fat in a marriage. Men cannot help it if they go bald. People CAN prevent gaining weight. I am sick of people playing the "I have a slow metabolism" card. People gain weight because they eat too much and exercise too little. So I have complete empathy for thin people who marry another thin person and then the spouse packs on 50 or 100 pounds. There's no excuse for it. Balding is something that is beyond anyone's control.

Old 07-27-2011, 02:39 PM

7,372 posts, read 14,673,832 times
My friend doug loves fat chicks. The fatter the better. He loves rolling around in all that fat and he weighs like 130lbs. One time he brought one his "girls" to my house. I didnt know if i should say something but i was on the other end of the couch and i felt like i was in the air. I thought she might break my couch because it kept making creaking noises.

Old 07-27-2011, 04:27 PM

30,996 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheViking85 View Post

Because you can control your weight, not your skin color.

You can control your weight but every person has a natural set point and you can easily be a woman who matches what the OP called obese at 160 lbs??. a 6' 3" tall man who is naturally muscular can weigh 275 lbs and is still fit and by comparison a 5' 5" 160 llb woman who has mostly lean muscle can easily be healthy at that weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Americanwoman54 View Post
Morbidly obese women are not "proportionate"....

Just saying....
OP said a woman at 160-180, There are some incredibly fit female low body fat Proffesional volley ball players that are easily over 160.

Old 07-27-2011, 04:33 PM

2,006 posts, read 4,305,963 times
is it possible for a man to fall in love with an elephant that just escaped the circus?

c'mon the answer is obviously no.

Lose weight, work out. Not only will you look healthier but you'll feel 100x better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships