Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2009, 07:02 PM

20,718 posts, read 19,363,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Yes, I know I didn't do the height weight ratio, but let's take a 5 10 guy, and his ideal weight is around 160-170, and if he happens to be 220ish he still does not consider himself fat. Or at least, that's what the article claimed

Hi Antlered Chamataka,

I am 5' 10" and 160-170 is weak. If I am not at least 180lbs I look sick.

Old 12-21-2009, 07:03 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,192,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njguy View Post
Meet the new boss.
Same as the old boss.
What does this mean?
Quote:
Part of the double standards against Men.
see above

Quote:
Also the "Men wanting to get married pool" is decreasing as there's Men who are wising up to the backwards marriage contract they would get into with the government if they said "I DO" or they talk to other Men who have been through it.

So in essence these females are shooting themselves with a double barreled shotgun.

Let them have a great life with their cats.
Perhaps you can give them a few pointers to maneuver this path successfully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsRiss7383 View Post
Honestly, who cares what a guy makes?! This is such a ridiculous myth. Who would spend their life with someone they don't love for money? A VERY small minority of horrible people. I have NEVER EVER met a woman who gave a crap. Maybe its because the women I know are smart, capable professionals who can earn their own d*** money.
Agreed. If women only bred with men that had money, poverty would no longer be an issue...back to reality, tho.

Old 12-21-2009, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
Yeah, I don't get this. I had a guy friend a while back who had a crush on one of our female friends. I asked him why he didn't ask her out and he said "well, she'd be hot if she lost 30lbs." What a dumb mentality some men have. He would rather have a slim ***** who will make his life miserable, than a sweet girl who needed to lose 30lbs.
Hi spinx,

Is it one or the other? I married a sweet slim girl and I am certainly not miserable.

Old 12-21-2009, 07:12 PM

2,163 posts, read 4,341,101 times
I'm on a couple of dating sites and I describe myself as "average" at 5'6" and 155 pounds or so (size 10-ish). I figure I need to lose about 20 pounds before I'd call myself "slender" or "athletic". Do I look fat?

If you want to talk generalizations. Why are "all" men on dating sites socially inept bad spellers? This is typical of the messages I get on Yahoo Personals and Plenty of Fish.

"hi I saw ur profile and think ur hot so plz check out mine sometime and if u wanna chat let me know. i am honsnt and hard working and need a good ladie in my life"
Attached Thumbnails
Dating Websites: Rest Haven For Big Girls?-small-stairs-copy.jpg  

Old 12-21-2009, 07:13 PM

1,549 posts, read 2,583,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical Trouble View Post
I'm on a couple of dating sites and I describe myself as "average" at 5'6" and 155 pounds or so (size 10-ish). I figure I need to lose about 20 pounds before I'd call myself "slender" or "athletic". Do I look fat?

If you want to talk generalizations. Why are "all" men on dating sites socially inept bad spellers? This is typical of the messages I get on Yahoo Personals and Plenty of Fish.

"hi I saw ur profile and think ur hot so plz check out mine sometime and if u wanna chat let me know. i am honsnt and hard working and need a good ladie in my life"
No, you aren't fat at all. You have a very nice figure and you look like you weigh a lot less than you do.

Old 12-21-2009, 07:17 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical Trouble View Post

That's just truly pathetic! And it's true in good 95% (at least) of the cases. I'd never respond to crap like that.

Old 12-21-2009, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorrans View Post
Generally speaking, I think quite a fair few women always think slim girls = boring & miserable. Why does it have to be one or the other. The best woman I've ever met personality and character wise was this black chick who was a model. Very slim sexy body, and a character to match it.

On another note, you can't blame men for not wanting someone who is 30lbs overweight. 30 will turn to 50 and so on and so forth. After childbirth it gets even worse. A lot of men are actually thinking that far ahead. If she's actually doing something about it now, then many men wouldn't mind her at all.
Hi Dorrans,

When I was in my late 20s in the burbs, I heard and saw all the excuses. I figured it was just a matter of time. What was the motivation to marry into that? I recently went to Boston Chicken for those $1 meals which is a complete fluke. I almost always cook from scratch. I took it home to add my own vegetable sides. I scanned the room and the only people not heavy were under 30. My wife also does a great job limiting the exposure to our son. Many women see no reason to have cooking skills as I certainly do since I was a child. That usually means trouble down the road. Who wants to spend their life with someone who does not care what they eat or how it ravages their body? Its your own body and what is more valuable than that? I just don't get it. I eat well too but always with fruits and vegetables.

Old 12-21-2009, 07:42 PM

3,219 posts, read 6,582,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
What does this mean?

see above

Perhaps you can give them a few pointers to maneuver this path successfully.

"What does this mean?"

An MGTOW follower would know and they do exist here in the CD relationship forum.

"see above"

Same as above.

"Perhaps you can give them a few pointers to maneuver this path successfully."

If it's for a "she" she'll have to fend for herself, and for a "he" please tell him to get in touch with me immediately!

Old 12-21-2009, 07:46 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,001,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi spinx,

Is it one or the other? I married a sweet slim girl and I am certainly not miserable.
Ok, I don't know how else to make it clear. I said "HE." I was referring to his situation, the women involved it - that's all. The slim woman he was dating happened to be miserable, but he was all about her because she was slim and attractive. The overweight woman was sweet as pie.

I don't know how hard it is to understand what I was saying. Separate the generalizations. My example was situational.

Again, I said HE, as in what he wanted - not what applies to all men or women.

Old 12-21-2009, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
They are just hurting themselves.

My husband and I have a friend who is female, 36, thin, nice looking, well traveled, has a post-graduate degree and a decent job, but is single and miserable and no matter how we try and help, nothing helps.

She is VERY PICKY as to the religion, national origin, looks, height, professional status, and earnings capacity of a potential mate.

She is of a nationality where men are very easy to marry. They actually will line up like lambs to the slaughter and get married because in their culture, it is very important to get married. She has met probably every man within an appropriate age range and of the nationality and religion she is on the east coast of the USA and has met some from back home in India too.

Result?

Nothing. Nada. Zilch.

Meanwhile she is crying she wants to have kids before it is too late.

But heaven forbid she marry a "regular" guy or even one who drives a car service car or has a food stand on the corner.

It must be a highly paid professional.

Well, those are either married off or they are looking for women younger
than her at this stage of the game.
Hi I_LOVE_LI,

No doubt. Weight for a women generally means the quality of the man she seeks must drop. That is not necessarily weight but could be a hit on status or personality. It has nothing to do with being single. Its simple economics.

9s that settle for 6s and 7s will last about a day online. 6s that want 6s may last a month. 8s looking for 8s will last a few months. 6s looking for 9s and 10s live alone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.