Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2009, 02:40 PM

2,256 posts, read 6,957,266 times

Advertisements

Its kind of funny how online dating still has all these negative connotations about it even when it has exploded with millions and millions of users. While it may be a rest haven for "big girls" I would say online dating is being used by many people these days...large, small, black, white, purple, etc. you get my drift.

Online dating is simply another way for two people to meet. It has its pros and cons like every other dating outlet. If you're against it then simply don't use it. Personally I'm intrigued by the idea of knowing a lot about the person before you actually meet them in person. Some people don't like doing it this way and some do.

Old 12-21-2009, 03:00 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,101,587 times
Its better for women then Men

Unless youre over 6 feet then good luck finding a date online

Old 12-21-2009, 03:08 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,675,296 times
The reason why the majority of women on dating sites are overweight is because the majority of Americans are overweight! That's the state of the dating pool today!

Old 12-21-2009, 03:20 PM

1,801 posts, read 3,554,526 times
Online dating saves a lot of time and you can get to the point (I am this and that, I like this and that, I am looking for this and that, otherwise don't waste your time and mine). Many people can hardly find the free time and energy to spend in the "real life" dating scene.

As for the "rest haven for big girls" topic... I'm not sure there are more big people there than there are anywhere else, but I'd guess many individuals find it easier to express themselves over the Internet, where they have a perfect chance not to be judged by their looks alone.

Old 12-21-2009, 03:21 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,720,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Its better for women then Men

Unless youre over 6 feet then good luck finding a date online
I bet you hate your height more than the women do

Old 12-21-2009, 03:35 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,651,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
How are women any different?

They dont go out with guys the have no physical attraction to unless the guys wealthy..
Pardon me, but I am staying on topic for what the OP wanted to discuss. The OP stated clearly that he did not want this to become divisive.

Old 12-21-2009, 03:38 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,305,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
Do you think that the main reason a lot of women are single is because of the weight issue?
No. That cannot be the main reason when you look at the "condition" of the vast majority of married and child bearing women, which is overweight to some extent.

Actually I know a lot of single, very bitter women who are rail thin. What happened to them? Should they be automatically married because they are thin? I think their bitterness stems from being sold a bill of goods from gay fashion designers and other women that "if you are thin you are perfect and deserve everything" because if you wanna see looks that could kill, next time you are in a restaurant that also has a couple (decent looking guy and overweight woman) dining, check out how the "dutch treat" groups of women sitting together look at them ... if looks could kill ... well you know the rest. A couple of years back a news reporter did an undercover thing wearing a fat suit. She went to a restaurant with a good looking guy and when she excused herself to go to the bathroom, a (thin) woman from another table came over and actually said to the man, "What are you doing with that fat pig?" She was outraged at the prospect that someone who was not thin was "entitled" to be dining with a good looking man while she herself was dining with another female like herself.

Most married women are overweight, either a little or a lot.

If the case is, fat women aren't marriage material, why are THEY married?

I knew someone who used to work in labor and delivery and helped deliver a lot of babies. They said, "Men will ^%$*$##^% anything!" Their (admittedly rude and condescending) statement was particularly against the fat mommies (and they did NOT mean women who gained a few pounds around the growing babies, but ones that were obviously very far gone into fatness before getting pregnant).

The "weight issue" isn't keeping these women away from getting pregnant, now is it?

It's not weight that is keeping many women single. My vote is that many women have high expectations of what they want in a mate and get pickier as time goes on, and then eventually before they know it they are getting too old to bear children easily and they become less desirable to even the men they "rejected" as not good enough to marry because of their advancing age. Then, instead of going easier on men, they are even pickier and eventually choose dogs and/or cats as substitutes for husbands and children because, to their way of telling it, "no man worth marrying was ever interested in me."

Sadly, there are only so many billionaire hedge fund managers to go around.

God forbid they marry the sanitation man who works for NYC picking up garbage!

PS: I am from the NYC metropolitan area, headquarters for single aging bitter women and I DO know what I am talking about. As a fellow female, many professional single women have taken me into their confidences and it is the same old sad story. "No man was ever good enough!" I have also had two women (one fat, one a workout queen) admit to me that they love their dog more than they have ever loved any boyfriend. Sure! A dog gives love you don't have to earn or deserve. A dog will love you even if you are mean to it. Yet that is the "perfect" substitute for the love of another human being for these women.

It's something twisted, selfish and self-centered in their heads that is keeping them single, not fat on their bodies.

Last edited by I_Love_LI_but; 12-21-2009 at 03:57 PM..

Old 12-21-2009, 03:44 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,651,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
[b]

If the case is, fat women aren't marriage material, why are THEY married?

What are you talking about. . .

This is not about women in semi or midstream marriage. It's about the beginning, the meet - the attraction, the chemistry, the "spark" that ignites and motivates.

No one said heavier women are not "marriage material."

Are we reading the same thread?

Old 12-21-2009, 03:50 PM

4,379 posts, read 5,383,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
Either.....
Well, some guys do dig fat/BBW women.

Having said that, maybe since our society prizes thin women as the beauty ideal, then the last resort for fat chicks are dating sites on the Web.

Old 12-21-2009, 03:58 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,101,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
I bet you hate your height more than the women do
I dont hate my height im fine with it, its women who are obsessed with height so if youre a man whos a vicitm of that of course yooure gonna be at least curious about it..

Online dating its a fact height is a huge part moreso then even in person..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships