U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 12-21-2009, 10:03 AM
 
Location: In my view finder.....
8,521 posts, read 13,988,384 times
Reputation: 8079

Advertisements

In the past I have used 1 or 2 dating websites and I know friends that have used them as well. One thing me and my buddies always agreed on was.....there A LOT of big/fat/BBW or whatever name you want to use on these dating sites.

One reason why I would have a tough time with the selections is because the body type of the ladies profile almost always never said slim/slinder/petite......etc......

Do you think that the main reason a lot of women are single is because of the weight issue?

Chime in....please keep this thread decent. This is not a male/female bash thread.

Ron

 
Old 12-21-2009, 10:06 AM
 
Location: Kuwait City, Kuwait.
1,125 posts, read 1,893,847 times
Reputation: 1057
Although it's politically incorrect, I'd say it's a safe haven for the less attractive people. I know not everyone on dating sites are ugly mingers, but ugly people [men and women] have an easier time to get a date on a dating site. So God bless the Internet.
 
Old 12-21-2009, 10:22 AM
 
Location: Sherman Oaks, CA
6,239 posts, read 15,446,624 times
Reputation: 8108
Grossly overweight women and socially challenged men.
 
Old 12-21-2009, 10:23 AM
 
22,769 posts, read 26,215,453 times
Reputation: 14558
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
In the past I have used 1 or 2 dating websites and I know friends that have used them as well. One thing me and my buddies always agreed on was.....there A LOT of big/fat/BBW or whatever name you want to use on these dating sites.
Yep.

Quote:
Do you think that the main reason a lot of women are single is because of the weight issue?
Yes, more or less.

I have a friend - she is blonde, blue eyed, model-esque face, very funny, easygoing personality, educated, and financially secure. Solid marriage material for most any guy I know.

Yet she can't find a man to save her life, for ONE reason only - not literally her weight, or body fat % - but because she puts on weight in the wrong places.

we are simple, but cruel. women's cruelty is far more complex.

Last edited by le roi; 12-21-2009 at 10:33 AM..
 
Old 12-21-2009, 10:23 AM
 
Location: Wherever women are
19,020 posts, read 25,562,103 times
Reputation: 11309
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post
Grossly overweight women and socially challenged men.
Good one
 
Old 12-21-2009, 10:39 AM
 
Location: In my view finder.....
8,521 posts, read 13,988,384 times
Reputation: 8079
Yeah, I agree.

I have met bigger women just like your friend but I could not get beyond the weight issue. Years ago, I don't think it mattered. But I was in my early 20's and did not know what I liked and did not like about women. Now that I am 35, I only go for slender curvy women.


Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber_factory View Post
Yep.



Yes, more or less.

I have a friend - she is blonde, blue eyed, model-esque face, very funny, easygoing personality, educated, and financially secure. Solid marriage material for most any guy I know.

Yet she can't find a man to save her life, for ONE reason only - not literally her weight, or body fat % - but because she puts on weight in the wrong places.

we are simple, but cruel. women's cruelty is far more complex.
 
Old 12-21-2009, 10:41 AM
 
Location: Michaux State Forest
1,276 posts, read 2,996,498 times
Reputation: 1426
Why would you say it's only a haven for fat women? Trust me, there's just as many fat, ugly men roaming around those sites. All 109lbs of me tried e-harmony a few yrs ago and I was matched with a plethora of heavy/unattractive males. There were some good looking ones too though so I don't think it would keep me from trying it again. What may keep me from trying it again, at least e-harmony, is the fact they kept matching me with ppl I specifically stated I was not interested in dating. For example, I clearly wrote that I wanted a non-drinker party every nite type. Those types are all over South Florida, I don't need a website to find them. However, after the first month of being matched with some pretty good matches that seemed to meet my personal preferences, they started to match me with anyone, it seemed like they were now totally ignoring my preferences. I asked for someone in my age range who was a non-drinker. I get a guy who's 45yrs old who's profile pictures are of him in some bar. The guy even said he loved to party and drink!! What's the purpose of filling out that extremely LONG and detailed profile if they are just going to ignore the preferences you spent hours detailing on the questionare/ profile?!? Needless to say, I cancelled my membership.
 
Old 12-21-2009, 10:43 AM
 
Location: In my view finder.....
8,521 posts, read 13,988,384 times
Reputation: 8079
I knew this was going to be mentioned. I said big girls because I date women. I don't look at the profiles of the men. So therefore I don't know.

I am sure it DOES apply to men as well. Since I am a man that dates women, I said women.

If i were a lady I would have said men.


How's that?



Ron



Quote:
Originally Posted by lilred0005 View Post
Why would you say it's only a haven for fat women? Trust me, there's just as many fat, ugly men roaming around those sites. All 109lbs of me tried e-harmony a few yrs ago and I was matched with a plethora of heavy/unattractive males. There were some good looking ones too though so I don't think it would keep me from trying it again. What may keep me from trying it again, at least e-harmony, is the fact they kept matching me with ppl I specifically stated I was not interested in dating. For example, I clearly wrote that I wanted a non-drinker party every nite type. Those types are all over South Florida, I don't need a website to find them. However, after the first month of being matched with some pretty good matches that seemed to meet my personal preferences, they started to match me with anyone, it seemed like they were now totally ignoring my preferences. I asked for someone in my age range who was a non-drinker. I get a guy who's 45yrs old who's profile pictures are of him in some bar. The guy even said he loved to party and drink!! What's the purpose of filling out that extremely LONG and detailed profile if they are just going to ignore the preferences you spent hours detailing on the questionare/ profile?!? Needless to say, I cancelled my membership.
 
Old 12-21-2009, 10:59 AM
 
Location: Wherever women are
19,020 posts, read 25,562,103 times
Reputation: 11309
I once read a news article somewhere, something that was posted in Relationships. It was written by a female journalist. She complained that men who are even 250 pounds heavy consider themselves athletic

Conversely, even if the female is 10 pounds overweight, she considers herself fat.

The disparity there is telling.
 
Old 12-21-2009, 11:03 AM
 
22,769 posts, read 26,215,453 times
Reputation: 14558
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
I once read a news article somewhere, something that was posted in Relationships. It was written by a female journalist. She complained that men who are even 250 pounds heavy consider themselves athletic

Conversely, even if the female is 10 pounds overweight, she considers herself fat.

The disparity there is telling.

Eric Norwood, all-american linebacker, is about 6'0 252, and quite the athletic specimen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top