U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2009, 06:47 AM

24,683 posts, read 43,144,896 times

Advertisements

There are people that are fun to be around, but who I would not say they have an 'interesting' personality. To me, someone with an interesting personality has depth to their character, and isn't 100% predictable and always acts to type (like sitcom characters). Like if they're outgoing, not everything they do is outgoing.

I think they think for themselves are not part of the crowd. They do not always do something most people would do. They have an unpredictability to them. Not just think they are individual because they have pink hair or copy the latest 'underground' trends, but someone who is refreshingly original, especially in a good way.

What makes a personality interesting to YOU?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2009, 06:58 AM

6,550 posts, read 12,609,941 times
People who use their intelligence in order to NOT take life so seriously... A witty person who can manage to NOT be/sound pretentious is SEXXXXXXY!!!!

Old 12-22-2009, 08:54 AM

22,770 posts, read 25,192,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Like you say, someone who does not follow the herd. It's no guarantee they'll be interesting, but it is a good place to start.

They don't need to be extroverted to appeal to me. I like people who talk about ideas. People who tell stories or describe events need to have some really stupendously interesting experiences to share.

Old 12-22-2009, 08:59 AM

8,868 posts, read 13,847,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
There are people that are fun to be around, but who I would not say they have an 'interesting' personality. To me, someone with an interesting personality has depth to their character, and isn't 100% predictable and always acts to type (like sitcom characters). Like if they're outgoing, not everything they do is outgoing.

I think they think for themselves are not part of the crowd. They do not always do something most people would do. They have an unpredictability to them. Not just think they are individual because they have pink hair or copy the latest 'underground' trends, but someone who is refreshingly original, especially in a good way.

I'm with you on this. A free thinker will always have my attention.

Old 12-22-2009, 09:04 AM

23,605 posts, read 30,334,400 times
What attracted me to my wife were her obvious intelligence her competence, her individuality and delightful independence, along with a measure of spirituality. It was and remains the whole package.

Old 12-22-2009, 09:14 AM

42,837 posts, read 77,122,397 times
Clever, witty, street-smart, unconventional, experienced, open-minded, well traveled people spark my interest. And when I say "clever," I definitely don't mean self-proclaimed "intellectuals." I'm not really into too-good-to-be-true goody two shoes, either. They very well may be better people than I am, but they usually bore me to death.

Old 12-22-2009, 10:10 AM

3,168 posts, read 4,155,241 times
I like the strong, silent type. Almost like a wise old soul.

That's the kind of person I'm usually interested in getting to know.

Old 12-22-2009, 10:18 AM

1,480 posts, read 2,171,230 times
Someone who is interesting to me is someone who shares my interests because those are the things I find interesting. My husband and I bonded over our love of 19th century Russian literature. That made him interesting to me.

Old 12-22-2009, 10:38 AM

29,610 posts, read 31,914,576 times
I am drawn to people who can take anything and make it interesting or have fun with it. I recently had a 30 minute conversation with someone about different types of butter. I have no personal interest in butter but I now know more than I did and those 30 minutes were interesting and amusing! Life doesn't always provide us with fun and over the top excitement so it's great when you can make your own out of virtually nothing. Especially when you can laugh about it.

Old 12-22-2009, 10:48 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,506 posts, read 17,313,409 times
Being genuine
Not taking self too seriously
Able to laugh at self
hard to read
energetic
an air of secretiveness
great sense of humor
unpredictable (at least sometimes)
live and let live attitude
lots of eye contact (sounds weird but there's something about it)
curiosity
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or