Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2009, 08:49 AM

2,385 posts, read 4,334,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Str8Arrow View Post
I thought I was attracted to my gf, but half that attraction may have been the thought I couldn't do any better. I have to admit, she is one of the best looking women in our general area of <2000 people.

In the end, I'm a guy and have guy thoughts, perverted thoughts. To make love to a woman you see in magazines. Do I really want to go through life never experiencing that? I'm not getting any younger, I better cash my ticket in before it is too late.
In regards to the whole Tiger Woods thing, I heard, "A man is only as faithful as his options".

It seems more and more like that is true.

If you want to sow your wild oats, I say do it. I know too many men who didn't and got married and had children only to leave their wife and kids to sow their oats much later. Do it now and get it out of your system. Trust me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2009, 09:33 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,925,220 times
Been dating six years w/o getting married? I'd separate with her and see what the world can offer. Sounds like your social life has been limited by your surroundings. I know enough guys who got 'tied up' to soon, and hate their lives/wives.

Old 12-24-2009, 11:28 AM

2,953 posts, read 2,900,805 times
On a side note, I'd just like to know what everyone here thinks this woman is bringing to this relationship? Bringing time to a relationship is kind of a given don't you think? She could be the worst douche of a girlfriend and still bring her time

Guy seems to be a fairly locked-and-loaded man with his act together. Relationships are a give and take, no? I mean that's what make relationships work. Seems to me he's doing all the giving and she's doing all the taking, no? Please...someone here try to prove me wrong. One question...what is she giving?

Is that a cricket I hear? Lets hear it...all you self-righteous man-haters can jump in at any time here. Go.......

Old 12-24-2009, 12:56 PM

1,417 posts, read 2,180,909 times
^^It's not "man-hating" at all..it's his attitude.
He is thinking of her as an accessory, not as a person.

We would be saying the exact same thing if the genders were reversed.
Let's say a boyfriend loses his job or gets ill...should a girl dump him so she can "upgrade" to a fancier house or car?

...it's sad that people would even think this way...

Old 12-24-2009, 01:21 PM

720 posts, read 1,408,158 times
It seems you not only got some abs, you got dash of narcissism as well.

Old 12-24-2009, 02:07 PM

3,284 posts, read 3,525,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansProof View Post
Buddy buddy buddy lol....buddy

All too often mob mentality rules and when has mob mentality ever been right? Like almost never? That is exactly what we're seeing here. Face it, the one who does the breaking up will always be seen as the jerk. Knowing that, simple minds make simple assumptions like we see here. I'm thinking you're around thirty, no? They're aren't too many twenty somethings running around owning farms, tracks of land.......or going on cruises (just a little fact I know). Lets break this down...

You:

check...you have a great bod
check...you own your own home...in the country
check...you have excess income telling by taking your gf out every weekend and going on cruises
check...you're loyal! Many guys would have cheated behind her back until they found something better then left
check...you work hard. I'm thinking you're not someone who sits in front of the tv watching the game
check...you're a go getter, ambitious, and stable

AND...AND...drum roll please...AND...you're that one in a hundred guys that DANCES!!!!!

*grabs your head, shakes it and screams* OMG... YOU ARE THE PERFECT MAN!!!

Her:

Has no job
Looks average
Uses your house for free
Eats your food for free
Spends your money for free
Goes on free vacations
Goes out on the town for free
Many insecurities
Ruins your vacations

check...makes you dinner
uncheck...you can easily do it yourself
check...sex
uncheck...free sex is everywhere

I can look you straight in the eye and promise you, PROMISE you that you'll stay on the market for all of 0.23 seconds. Her, all I know is employers don't look favorable on years of unemployment and given today's market, she will not find a job. She is NOT going to do better than you because you know, there are just so many guys after that freeloading bimbo that lives in her parent's basement and can't even take care of herself. Not too many of those around; I try to snag them while I can. Sad to say but so true in the fact that she'll probably upgrade to some drugy loser. The women posting here are in fairy land for thinking otherwise. You don't hold the short end of the stick; you don't even hold the long end of the stick; you hold the entire stick!

Take your cruise vacation. While you're out there in the world busting butt, with sweat on your brow making a living, she's in your house watching soaps. YOU ARE THE ONE that needed that vacation and all she can do is play little miss princess drama and ruin it for you! Screw her!

From dude to dude, she isn't loyal to you; she is just freeloading you. She can't even give you kids to justify her existence. Everything in her life is free, she goes on free vacations, has to do no work, and has a hot bf. So so so hard to be loyal to that...so so hard. A lot of women out there are loyal...LOYAL to the PAMPERED LIFESTYLE.

Now I'm going to make some more assumptions here. Since you want kids, I take it you're not using protection. I'm going to assume she's on the pill. Now you two have been having sex with no accidents, no missed pills, no nothing for six years? Ask yourself, can she even have kids? Assuming she's in her 30s also...just saying most women in their 30s who want children don't play any kind of silly waiting games. I'm guessing this manipulative girl can't even have kids and knowing you want some, needs that ring on her finger so you don't leave when you find out!

As a final note, nothing scorns a woman more than seeing a man she'll never have. From personal experience, you get use to it and ignore it. Go out there, live life, and find yourself a good woman that takes care of both her mind and body.
You make some valid points, but so does the "mob" in this instance.

His attitude and general outlook on the whole situation is beyond dumb. Why the need for "upgrade" validation from US CD posters? The dude literally talked more about his abs and his lust toward other men, I mean women, than he did his girlfriend.

Really? What was he looking for from us? A pat on the back and congrats for getting up off your lazy ass and going to the gym like the rest of us? Hotchickswithdouchbags.com

Old 12-24-2009, 02:18 PM

2,953 posts, read 2,900,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicket View Post
^^It's not "man-hating" at all..it's his attitude.
He is thinking of her as an accessory, not as a person.
I think his attitude is more than justified if not down right expected. She is an accessory because really, that's all she is. That is all she has made herself out to be. I'd be mad to after six years of this crap. She's not a partner in his life, she's not tackling life's hardships with him, she just along for the easy ride ie...an accessory. Wait, I'm not even sure she rises to even be considered an accessory. A trophy wife would be an accessory. I'm not exactly sure what she is

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicket View Post
Let's say a boyfriend loses his job or gets ill...should a girl dump him so she can "upgrade" to a fancier house or car?

...it's sad that people would even think this way...
What is sad is your analogy doesn't even remotely come close to the situation here. Here let me fix it for you:

Let's say a boyfriend comes home and says, "I don't feel like working anymore. In fact, you do all the work and support me while I play Fantasy Football with my buds"...should a girl dump him so she can "upgrade" to a fancier house or car?

I'm thinking the girl should probably upgrade before she gets laughed out of her circle of friends.

Old 12-24-2009, 02:43 PM
Ep-

2,080 posts, read 4,170,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansProof View Post
I think his attitude is more than justified if not down right expected. She is an accessory because really, that's all she is. That is all she has made herself out to be. I'd be mad to after six years of this crap. She's not a partner in his life, she's not tackling life's hardships with him, she just along for the easy ride ie...an accessory. Wait, I'm not even sure she rises to even be considered an accessory. A trophy wife would be an accessory. I'm not exactly sure what she is

What is sad is your analogy doesn't even remotely come close to the situation here. Here let me fix it for you:

Let's say a boyfriend comes home and says, "I don't feel like working anymore. In fact, you do all the work and support me while I play Fantasy Football with my buds"...should a girl dump him so she can "upgrade" to a fancier house or car?

I'm thinking the girl should probably upgrade before she gets laughed out of her circle of friends.

Hard to say she's just along for an easy ride without really knowing her at all. there's plenty of things she can bring to a relationship . just because shes having trouble finding work doesnt make her useless

if she didnt bring anything i dont think hed have been with her so long

Old 12-24-2009, 07:22 PM

720 posts, read 1,408,158 times
He could have said he wants to see what else is out there instead of going into a detailed description of his hot bod and how women seem to want him. It's all about presentation, and frankly, he made himself look like a total d*ck.

*****disclaimer: MY OPINION ONLY

Old 12-24-2009, 11:48 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,030,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odie View Post
It seems you not only got some abs, you got dash of narcissism as well.
I will own up and admit that I have a streak of narcissism running through me, but I at least have the sense to contain it somewhat. Flagrant displays of self-admiration are just obnoxious, regardless of how hot or great you are. Like I said before, there's always another that's better. Fact of life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships