Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2009, 07:15 PM

19,045 posts, read 25,151,745 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocolateCity2001 View Post
Dorrans,

Yes, actually that thread did actually cross my mind when I was putting the thread together earlier.
Did it perhaps cross your mind that some men may believe a given female hates all men simply because she's not interested in that particular individual? That's what normally pops to mind for me when I read those threads.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2009, 07:21 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,517,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Did it perhaps cross your mind that some men may believe a given female hates all men simply because she's not interested in that particular individual? That's what normally pops to mind for me when I read those threads.
Good point. This is how some handle rejection.

Old 12-23-2009, 07:26 PM

1,125 posts, read 2,189,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Not in that particular thread though, I don't think. If a woman I was intrestred in thought all men were jerk, I'd walk away. It surprised me greatly how many encouraged him to be patient with her.

Either way, both men and women who do that are as bad as each other

Old 12-23-2009, 07:28 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,533,334 times
It's part of the double standard, in spite of equal rights. Similar to when a cheating man is dubbed "fill quotes with label," but when the woman cheats the man is still blamed for not fufilling her blank needs.

Old 12-23-2009, 07:30 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,042,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Humble View Post
Because men are b*stards. So who could argue?
Ha-ha, are ya Mrs. Humble by any chance or are ya trying to elbow your way in to the front row of the guys' section?

Old 12-23-2009, 07:33 PM

20,627 posts, read 19,289,703 times
Once I decided to test out a thesis to see if women liked it if I made general statements about them. I said "All women hate gwynedd1". They seemed pretty cool about it. They didn't mind at all. I applaud their gracious restraint.

Old 12-23-2009, 07:34 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,809,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
It's part of the double standard, in spite of equal rights. Similar to when a cheating man is dubbed "fill quotes with label," but when the woman cheats the man is still blamed for not fufilling her blank needs.
Yes when it reality there is no excuse for cheating. Even if the boyfriend/husband was not fulfilling her ______ it still leads to one thing in common with cheater.....selfishness. A cheater who cheats to get their rocks on is just as selfish as a cheater cheating because something is missing in the relationship/marriage. They do the next good thing for themselves and what about their spouse? They can do it but for sure they would get **** off if their spouse did the same thing.....

Old 12-23-2009, 07:34 PM

2,179 posts, read 3,396,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Ha-ha, are ya Mrs. Humble by any chance or are ya trying to elbow your way in to the front row of the guys' section?
Nah, neither. Just repeating what I've heard about a thousand times or so. Not that I can really disagree, at least from what I try to imagine as the female perspective.

Old 12-23-2009, 07:35 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,042,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Once I decided to test out a thesis to see if women liked it if I made general statements about them. I said "All women hate gwynedd1". They seemed pretty cool about it. They didn't mind at all. I applaud their gracious restraint.
Eh, there's an exception to prove every rule - one puts up with you at home after all!

Old 12-23-2009, 07:36 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,517,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower_lol View Post
Yes when it reality there is no excuse for cheating. Even if the boyfriend/husband was not fulfilling her ______ it still leads to one thing in common with cheater.....selfishness. A cheater who cheats to get their rocks on is just as selfish as a cheater cheating because something is missing in the relationship/marriage. They do the next good thing for themselves and what about their spouse? They can do it but for sure they would get **** off if their spouse did the same thing.....
Selfishness is not always a bad thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships