Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2009, 11:52 AM

9,444 posts, read 17,381,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
Sister MsRiss, i've read several of your threads. I feel your a wonderful Loving Wife.

I Pray that your beloved husband gets healthier & stronger.

Take Gentle Care of Yourself.

"you must spread your reputation before giving it to Hawk J again".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2009, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violett View Post
I didn't say SHE did that, I said that's what *I* would do if *I* wanted that.

lol, not if your a real adult. Like, all of you are probably judging me right now and I don't give a flying F.
oh please, nobody is judging you.
Real adults try to refrain from judgement and show support. Kindness goes a long way.

Old 12-24-2009, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
There's probably nothing more humiliating for a guy to be made to feel like less of a man, not to mention having his problems aired for the world to see attached to his picture. Do you think that's the way to treat a loved one? Is that how your mother treated your father, Magnolia? I doubt it.
I have to agree with this, although I think that OP simply turned to us with an overwhelming feeling of sadness and desperation, almost like a therapy. God knows, she probably doesn't have anyone in real life to share this with. It's not like saying: "oh, i'm such a sex freak and he just can't keep up" kind of way.
I hope that they both get better and healthy, it's a tough situation.

Old 12-24-2009, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I'm sorry you're going through a difficult time, MsRiss. That's a long time to have been dealing with health problems at such a young age, and I commend you for standing by your husband and your vows. It's too bad a few people felt like being jackals about it ... I hope you ignored them.

I wish I had some good advice about your husband, but I don't. That kind of advice should come from your doctor, your marriage counselor, or your priest if you have one. The only thing I can offer is this: anytime you want to say or post something that begins with "I probably shouldn't say this" ... don't. It's hard to suffer in silence, though, I know, and sometimes venting to strangers can be a relief.
"you must spread your reputation before giving it to JustJulia again".
Damn, these rules need to be changed on this board.

Old 12-24-2009, 12:11 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,303,705 times
I don't mean to be/sound crude, but I think you need some relief one way, or another. I would seriously think about purchasing some "toys."

Old 12-24-2009, 12:18 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,634,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
"you must spread your reputation before giving it to Hawk J again".

shucks,

Old 12-24-2009, 01:23 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,690,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
I have to agree with this, although I think that OP simply turned to us with an overwhelming feeling of sadness and desperation, almost like a therapy. God knows, she probably doesn't have anyone in real life to share this with. It's not like saying: "oh, i'm such a sex freak and he just can't keep up" kind of way.
I hope that they both get better and healthy, it's a tough situation.
Just one more thought based on your post. The OP already said in a previous post last night that, "I'm very open with my husband. I have no problem if he sees this thread." I believe her on this one as I believe everything she's said.

I've been there done that and all too often family and friends turn away and are of no psychological help or sustenance whatsoever because they just can't deal with all the ramifications of being involved in such a stressful situation which goes on for so long. The caregiver ends up alone apart from social and church support groups (in which the OP has also said she and her husband have participated) and the personal part of it all is never addressed because nobody wants to go there on that sort of personal level.

So what (I'm not ranting at you max's mama and I think you know that!) that she had a couple of glasses of wine or maybe a couple more after that before venting.

My personal ordeal with a damaged husband lasted three years and I was in my mid 30s. This gal is only 26 and has been dealing with this for seven years. I had WAY more glasses of wine when dealing with the whole ordeal I went through and, if internet forums were the "norm" then as they are now, I might have been posting too with a MAJOR buzz on.

And, poster Violett, although someone else has already commented on your comment, viz. "Like, all of you are probably judging me right now and I don't give a flying F." you are simply NOT an adult with a retort such as that and the comments you made earlier on this thread.

Like many of us don't see you as important enough to even think about judging and like many of us care not a rat's patootie. Like your comments are so not relevant or important. Like sure you understand the vernacular!

Old 12-24-2009, 02:15 PM

7,136 posts, read 12,671,921 times
MsRiss, I am so sorry. I know this situation must be very frustrating. You have shown incredible devotion to your DH over the years and have dealt with more health issues than most people face in a lifetime. I believe some posters make jokes not to be hurtful, but because they realize that any of us could be in your shoes in the blink of an eye and that's a scary thought. You have every right to vent here, but not everyyone will respond with compassion and empathy. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Old 12-24-2009, 02:23 PM

303 posts, read 563,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
MsRiss, I am so sorry. I know this situation must be very frustrating. You have shown incredible devotion to your DH over the years and have dealt with more health issues than most people face in a lifetime. I believe some posters make jokes not to be hurtful, but because they realize that any of us could be in your shoes in the blink of an eye and that's a scary thought. You have every right to vent here, but not everyyone will respond with compassion and empathy. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Most excellent post in this thread. You are right. It's scary to realize that "There but for the grace of God go I...." People at times say stupid things when confronted with this.

Old 12-24-2009, 02:31 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,715,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post

You think?? I bet they are not even that coherent. This kind of jeer I have known only in high school and I was part of it too one upon a time. Some of these adult manboys left high school long ago I bet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships