U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-23-2009, 11:19 PM

1,323 posts, read 1,359,555 times
Default Christmas

Another year is nearly spent, washed away like sand from a distant shore. It's been several years since I've been home, but I still remember those warm Christmas days as if they were yesterday; the snowmen in the sand, those Santa’s in saucy shorts, and the seagulls as they perched atop my well-hung Christmas lights. Through the miles and the years, I've made many friends and found myself in some most peculiar situations, but through it all, I’ve lived my life in the best way possible, and as Ole Blue Eyes once said, “I did it my way”.

Even though time may pass, we always have those memories that we've made to carry us on. As another great man once wrote, "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times..."

This holiday season, I ask that everyone take a moment to reflect on those things in life that are most important. Neither presents nor festive decorations can bring true happiness; happiness comes from that joy we have when we are with family and friends, when we do for another when they can’t do for themselves. It is when we reach out into the world and make a statement, when we make a stand for what we believe in. It is all of those little memories that are rehearsed among people we know, or even relived within our own minds. Happiness comes from simply living life the best way we know how, and cherishing those memories from days long past.

It costs nothing to smile at random people, or to wish them well. It is a great thing to wish another “Merry Christmas”, even if you don’t know what their religion is, or to offer them a gift, even if it is something as simple as paying the toll for the car behind you. Life is all about the little moments, the way another smiles at you, or a kind word from a stranger… Take time out of life to make these moments count, as we only get to enjoy standing on the shores of life for but an instant in time.

To you and yours, I wish you all a very merry Christmas, and many, many magnificent and magical moments to share.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2009, 11:48 PM

174 posts, read 272,485 times
Talking Merry Christmas to YOU!

Lovely. Thank you for sharing such kind warm sentiments

Old 12-24-2009, 12:03 AM

14,023 posts, read 9,504,255 times
I appreciate the sentiment and you are exactly right. Thanks.

But..."well-hung Christmas lights?" LOL Where do you get those?

Old 12-24-2009, 12:04 AM

1,323 posts, read 1,359,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
I appreciate the sentiment and you are exactly right. Thanks.

But..."well hung Christmas lights? LOL Where do you get those?
Rudolph. His nose isn't the only thing that glows.

Old 12-24-2009, 12:15 AM

14,023 posts, read 9,504,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanBlasphemy View Post

Apparently so!

Old 12-24-2009, 12:25 AM

11,001 posts, read 6,938,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
But..."well-hung Christmas lights?" LOL Where do you get those?
Haha. That statement jumped at me too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanBlasphemy View Post
That darn herpes.

Old 12-24-2009, 01:40 AM

7,865 posts, read 13,759,078 times
Thanks UB! And all the best of the season to you as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships