Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2009, 02:45 PM

4,379 posts, read 5,380,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
9 out of 10 pics taken of me turn out terrible! I've been told by so many people my pics don't do me justice.

I can't fake a smile to save my life. I have a few pals who can fake an award-winning smile, and take a great picture with no trouble at all.

What about you?
i'm not. it doesn't bother me, since i think aesthetics is a crock of poo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2009, 02:46 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,296,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samston View Post
i'm not. it doesn't bother me, since i think aesthetics is a crock of poo.
LOL! Mostly Sir, I tend to agree.

Old 12-25-2009, 02:52 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,028,377 times
I've been told I'm photogenic, but photos are kind of illusionary anyways. All the lighting, angles, makeup, etc. I actually think I look better in candids than staged photographs. More natural.

I've met many guys though that looked flat in photos, but were WOW in person.

Old 12-25-2009, 03:15 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,130,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
I've been told I'm photogenic
I bet you've been told that by a female "friend"! I have a "friend" who likes to say very much how photogenic I am... in other words... Another "friend," after I share my problems with the side effects of a medication likes to tell me how things change with "age" ... as if I "aged" instantly in the past few months. Friends, ya know... That's what they're for - to make ya feel better!

Old 12-25-2009, 03:32 PM

3,256 posts, read 8,898,743 times
Nope. I take mostly terrible pictures. There are hardly even any with my kids, a fact which I have vowed to change. If something happens to me, I doubt they will care in 20 years that it was a great picture, they'll care more about actually having pictures of us together to treasure.

Old 12-25-2009, 03:51 PM

52,193 posts, read 52,623,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I bet you've been told that by a female "friend"! I have a "friend" who likes to say very much how photogenic I am... in other words... Another "friend," after I share my problems with the side effects of a medication likes to tell me how things change with "age" ... as if I "aged" instantly in the past few months. Friends, ya know... That's what they're for - to make ya feel better!
You could substitute "family member" for "friend" and get the same effect.

Old 12-25-2009, 03:59 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,130,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
You could substitute "family member" for "friend" and get the same effect.
Probably... Perhaps because I'm very short on family members I tend to idealize them somewhat these days. Seems like the more you keep your trap shut the less annoyed you get.

Old 12-25-2009, 03:59 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,460,272 times
Ah, heck! Ahm jes plain ugly on or off them pikture takin' thangs!

Old 12-25-2009, 04:05 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,028,377 times
Quote:
Actually I've been told it mainly by strangers, both women and men. I have a few casual friends who are into photography and I'm their guinea pig. I really don't take the compliments of female "friends" that seriously... they can be a catty bunch lol.

Old 12-25-2009, 04:12 PM

52,193 posts, read 52,623,070 times
Quote:
Probably... Perhaps because I'm very short on family members I tend to idealize them somewhat these days. Seems like the more you keep your trap shut the less annoyed you get.
Aint no probably about it here, we got a little taste of it last night. Mrs. Chow was just saying this morning about how she thought your family supposed to be supportive and loving, not passive aggressive type of shyt.

Though overall it wasn't a bad night actually. Just one or two issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships