Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2009, 09:27 PM

2 posts, read 2,464 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone, it is my first post here and I've got a problem.

I'm in love with a girl who likes my best friend. She and I are closer than he and her are by far. Everyone thinks that her and I like each other, even my best friend (who supposedly likes her too). So her and I said we have to keep our friendship on the DL. So she said we might have to stop talking. I could not stand that she picked him over me. After all the fun we have and how close we are and how we tell each other everything... she picked him, who hasn't done jack ****. But she for some reason said it was dumb (after saying she wanted to) and so we started talking again..

But tonight it came up again. I told her that I had really strong feelings for her, but she chose him again. I could not bare that. I punched my pillow 8 times for the first in my life (18 yrs old).

So I told her all of that and she still wants to talk to me and thinks its dumb for us not. I dont think I can be her friend and like her at the same time so I need to stop talking to her to fix that, but she doesnt think so. Who is right here? I just want some objective opinions cause I don't know what to think right now, too mad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2009, 09:39 PM

303 posts, read 563,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boarder091 View Post

I'm in love with a girl who likes my best friend. She and I are closer than he and her are by far. Everyone thinks that her and I like each other, even my best friend (who supposedly likes her too). So her and I said we have to keep our friendship on the DL. So she said we might have to stop talking. I could not stand that she picked him over me. After all the fun we have and how close we are and how we tell each other everything... she picked him, who hasn't done jack ****. But she for some reason said it was dumb (after saying she wanted to) and so we started talking again..

But tonight it came up again. I told her that I had really strong feelings for her, but she chose him again. I could not bare that. I punched my pillow 8 times for the first in my life (18 yrs old).

So I told her all of that and she still wants to talk to me and thinks its dumb for us not. I dont think I can be her friend and like her at the same time so I need to stop talking to her to fix that, but she doesnt think so. Who is right here? I just want some objective opinions cause I don't know what to think right now, too mad.
It is clear you want her and she does not feel the same way. For your own sake, punch the pilllows and walk away.

Old 12-24-2009, 09:42 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,007,664 times
pillow-puncher.

Old 12-24-2009, 09:53 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,247,826 times
Quote:
I'm in love with a girl who likes my best friend. he and heShe and I are closer than r are by far. Everyone thinks that her and I like each other, even my best friend (who supposedly likes her too).
So her and I said we have to keep our friendship on the DL. So she said we might have to stop talking. I could not stand that she picked him over me. After all the fun we have and how close we are and how we tell each other everything... she picked him, who hasn't done jack ****. But she for some reason said it was dumb (after saying she wanted to) and so we started talking again..

Almost the exact same thing happened to me the second year out of high school. This was awhile ago, that's all I'm saying.LOL....... Anyway, I liked this girl who worked at the local grocery store. She always smiled at me and kind of flirted with me when I went in there. One day I just asked her if she would like to go out sometime? She turned red as a beat and was blushing all over the place, and said yes. We went out once, had a very good time and I was very interested in her. Well one of my ex friends who liked her also and had no chance with her started some crap. He knew her longer and thought just because he knew her since they were kids, he had it made. He didn't have it made either with her. All he ended up doing was make me look like an a** and run her off for the both of us. It was probabely a good thing though because I never trusted that bas**** again and later dumped him as a friend. This guy was a real snake in the grass. I could go on and on for days about all the rotten stuff he did to me, but you get the idea. She believed his lies and I never heard from her again. Oh well, life goes on Rugged.

Old 12-24-2009, 11:54 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,557,269 times
There have been songs written about that.

Old 12-25-2009, 07:29 AM

316 posts, read 849,233 times
Part of growing as a human being is learning to accept what you can't change. By not accepting it, you become stuck and miserable. So shut it out and move on. Ironically, moving on may make you more attractive to her....

Old 12-25-2009, 08:03 AM

1,639 posts, read 5,098,128 times
Quote:

You have just entered the friend zone good buddy.
Somehow, when you first met her, the sparks did not fly for her, but she saw you as someone she could lean on.
Somehow, when she met your friend, sparks flew (or he was able to create that spark whereas you couldn't) and you friend ended up being her love interest.

It is up to you if you want to wait it out (and still get passed over for another guy) or move on and meet other women.

Me, I would distance myself from her, no more contact, and not let her play manipulative games with me.

Old 12-25-2009, 09:19 AM

2 posts, read 2,464 times
I think I'll distance myself from her as much as I can, but that will be hard because she's gonna be hanging out with my group of my friends, which is twice every weekend.

Last edited by yankeegirl313; 12-25-2009 at 11:18 AM..

Old 12-25-2009, 09:32 AM

1,639 posts, read 5,098,128 times
Quote:

I think I'll distance myself from her as much as I can, but that will be hard because she's gonna be hanging out with my group of my friends, which is twice every weekend.
Just don't go dropping everything when she calls (you're always "busy") or take anything she says too seriously when she happens to be in your circle of friends.

Last edited by yankeegirl313; 12-25-2009 at 11:18 AM..

Old 12-25-2009, 09:48 AM

5,612 posts, read 15,110,658 times
Quote:
Thanks for the opinions guys, also the jokes in the beginning made me laugh so high five to the trolls.

This is the best thing you can do for yourself. Merry Christmas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships