Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2009, 10:28 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,460,272 times

Advertisements

What makes you think she doesn't already know? After a decade I'm sure she does. It's also a likely uncommitted relationship after 10 years so I would leave it to them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2009, 10:28 AM

38 posts, read 67,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
Only if you could get hard evidence, otherwise it would be your word against his and if she is as blind as you claim, she might think, or could be convinced, you are trying to take him for yourself.

You are so right. This would be the only way I could ever tell her. It makes sense.

Old 12-26-2009, 10:31 AM

12,952 posts, read 13,663,665 times
I would mind my own business, but I would stand back and "watch the show." guys like this usually fall real hard sooner or later, and I would want to be around to see it.

Old 12-26-2009, 10:34 AM

2,179 posts, read 3,402,222 times
An "acquaintance"? No. A good friend? Maybe.

Otherwise, "Mind your business, you!"

Old 12-26-2009, 11:00 AM

2,035 posts, read 5,033,797 times
..while id work on getting concrete evidence beforehand, if necessary, Id definitely tell this person...even if she or he would not wish to hear about it...

At some point beyond the initial response or reaction to the "heads up" she will, if she is a reasonable person, see that you were doing the right thing..

I say this because ive been there..and ive also made the mistake of keeping my mouth shut...and i myself would rather risk coming to blows over the truth then standing back and allowing someone i know be used or manipulated by another...Even if we casually know one another..this kind of situation can bring people together simply because..for example, if a so called friend of mine would have told me about what was going on with an ex GF of mine, behind my back, we would still be friends...

Friends look out for one another...and sometimes that means telling it like it is..not always trying to keep the waters calm..

Regardless, this situation sounds like it wasn't a healthy one from the start..

Old 12-26-2009, 11:08 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,249,782 times
Tell. He hit on you directly. Its not a rumor at that point.

How bad would you feel if you found out down the line he gave her AIDS slutting around like that?

Old 12-26-2009, 11:11 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,181,218 times
I echo pitt_transplant. While I do think it would be none of my business generally, the potential consequences aren't something to be ignored. You're in a tough position here.

Old 12-26-2009, 11:15 AM

38 posts, read 67,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
I would mind my own business, but I would stand back and "watch the show." guys like this usually fall real hard sooner or later, and I would want to be around to see it.

Yes, and I love to be entertained.

Old 12-26-2009, 11:17 AM

2,115 posts, read 5,028,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
Tell. He hit on you directly. Its not a rumor at that point.

How bad would you feel if you found out down the line he gave her AIDS slutting around like that?
Yeah, since he was hitting on you point blank, that gives you the perfect evidence.

Otherwise, just keep this little thought in mind: "Sometimes the messenger gets killed."

** Not literally. . .

Old 12-26-2009, 11:18 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,543,386 times
Ten yrs and she doesn't know? Ignorance is bliss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmm48532 View Post
If you know a person, not a friend but an acquaintance, and the boyfriend of said person of ten years is flirting and cheating behind her back, would you tell her, or, mind your own business. She just goes along like she is just as happy as ever, she doesn't even have a clue. I know this because I’ve been told by a girl that he flirted with for a week then bedded her. Not only that, but, I’ve seen him at parties and the way he acts when she isn’t around him. This is a guy that is drop-dead gorgeous and he knows it. It’s like he wants to keep his girlfriend around, but play the field too. Yes, he has made passes at me, and it is flattering because he is such a hunk, but then again, it saddens me to think of her and the things that she doesn’t know. Seems like he is always the life of the party and girls just flock to him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships