Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2009, 09:07 AM

22,334 posts, read 29,432,497 times

Advertisements

That is a very iffy situation to be in..Maybe she does know and doesn't care because 1)they're not married and 2)he's smoking hot and she knows she may never get another and 3)maybe she's doing the same thing..

I'd stay out of it..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2009, 09:28 AM

20,724 posts, read 19,363,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onglet39 View Post
Has it ever occurred to any of you that perhaps she knows? If they've been together ten years, she likely has a clue. Maybe they have a "don't ask don't tell" situation, and you will only humiliate the girl by getting involved. The OP has no way of knowing that, since they are just friends and not acquaintances. My your own business!!

Hi Onglet39,

Oh well, we had to disagree somewhere. I am just not that kind of guy. When it comes to physical violence, which I equate with pathogenic exposure, I am an Antigone sort of fellow. I am the kind of guy who acts on principle, and I am adapted to social ostracization like a deep ocean squid. If someone cheated on me, I would want to know since I am under attack, and I like people like me best.

As for suppositions, maybe they do this, maybe that do that, maybe my brother is a ***.

Old 12-27-2009, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
That is a very iffy situation to be in..Maybe she does know and doesn't care because 1)they're not married and 2)he's smoking hot and she knows she may never get another and 3)maybe she's doing the same thing..

I'd stay out of it..

Hi himain,

Infertility & STDs - STD information from CDC
Chlamydia and gonorrhea are the most important preventable causes of infertility. Untreated, up to 40% of women with chlamydia or gonorrhea will develop pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). PID can lead to Infertility and potentially fatal tubal (ectopic) pregnancy.
  • An estimated 2.8 million cases of chlamydia and 718,000 cases of gonorrhea occur annually in the United States.*
  • Most women infected with chlamydia or gonorrhea have no symptoms.
CDC recommends annual chlamydia screening for all sexually active females 25 and under and for women older than 25 with risk factors such as a new sex partner or multiple partners.

Somewhere someone died because no one told her.

Good job man

Old 12-27-2009, 09:38 AM

Disclaimer:

I guess I just don't like puss filled syphilitic rakes cheating on their girlfriends. That might create a bias. I am sorry if I offend any over sexed incubators especially if I accidentally knock you down a flight of stairs, oops.

Old 12-27-2009, 09:47 AM

8,003 posts, read 11,724,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Disclaimer:

I guess I just don't like puss filled syphilitic rakes cheating on their girlfriends. That might create a bias. I am sorry if I offend any over sexed incubators especially if I accidentally knock you down a flight of stairs, oops.
You rock gwynedd1! Thanks for the downright, honest to goodness truth! Your posts are wonderful.....and you know, sometimes, it's okay to offend folks, sometimes that's the way to kick start a conscience!...well, if they've got a conscience to kick start!

If there are posters here who are cheaters....and they're offended by such posts....hehe....they might want to reconsider their actions; after all, there are a few folks out there with a sense of decency, and they just might be watching you!

Old 12-27-2009, 09:59 AM

38 posts, read 67,282 times
OK. Here's the deal. I did go by her house. He wasn't there. This is what she said to me.

Thank you for letting me know. I've had my suspicions, but cannot catch him. I think he is having an affair with the girl across the street. I work two jobs and when I leave for my night job, it seems, like on cue, she comes home as I'm leaving. The neighbor has her own business and it closes at 7pm, but she can make up her own hours. He and I were in the front yard looking at the flowers on day last Spring on the side of the house and when I turned around he and she (the neighbor) were exchanging big smiles but then he jerked his head down to the ground like he was hiding it from me. He says that I'm seeing things and hearing things. I told him that was a breach of our trust and he told me he didn't do it. She had talked to him about being a flirt and he doesn't seem to think he is. He denies everything. She tells me that until she can actually prove it to herself, she is staying.

I am the only one that has brought it to her attention and she thanked me for it. I told her if she needed a shoulder that I was there for her. I could tell that her heart was breaking.

She told me lots of other things that were suspicious too.

Old 12-27-2009, 10:04 AM

5,612 posts, read 15,115,593 times
Good for you. Maybe now she'll take her head out of the sand. You did the right thing.

Old 12-27-2009, 10:11 AM

8,003 posts, read 11,724,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmm48532 View Post
OK. Here's the deal. I did go by her house. He wasn't there. This is what she said to me.

Thank you for letting me know. I've had my suspicions, but cannot catch him. I think he is having an affair with the girl across the street. I work two jobs and when I leave for my night job, it seems, like on cue, she comes home as I'm leaving. The neighbor has her own business and it closes at 7pm, but she can make up her own hours. He and I were in the front yard looking at the flowers on day last Spring on the side of the house and when I turned around he and she (the neighbor) were exchanging big smiles but then he jerked his head down to the ground like he was hiding it from me. He says that I'm seeing things and hearing things. I told him that was a breach of our trust and he told me he didn't do it. She had talked to him about being a flirt and he doesn't seem to think he is. He denies everything. She tells me that until she can actually prove it to herself, she is staying.

I am the only one that has brought it to her attention and she thanked me for it. I told her if she needed a shoulder that I was there for her. I could tell that her heart was breaking.

She told me lots of other things that were suspicious too.
Good for you!! You know, I've seen this sort of thing more times than I can count. These guys/gals who are being cheated on are made to feel like they're paranoid and distrustful. The cheater ends up turning it all back around on their mate, even to the point of accusing THEM of being the cheater. The victims end up defending themselves and feeling like crap for doubting their poor mate. Oh please!! It's so good that you extended a hand of friendship and a shoulder for her if she needs one. It's entirely possible that she will start asking others questions and putting 2 and 2 together, connecting the dots, so to speak.

Old 12-27-2009, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
Good for you!! You know, I've seen this sort of thing more times than I can count. These guys/gals who are being cheated on are made to feel like they're paranoid and distrustful. The cheater ends up turning it all back around on their mate, even to the point of accusing THEM of being the cheater. The victims end up defending themselves and feeling like crap for doubting their poor mate. Oh please!! It's so good that you extended a hand of friendship and a shoulder for her if she needs one. It's entirely possible that she will start asking others questions and putting 2 and 2 together, connecting the dots, so to speak.
Hi beachmel,

Woo hoo!

We can't leave him out. Here is a dirty cup for him, but we are not sure who used it last.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:n2n95RtqxfC9BM:http://www.sxc.hu/pic/m/g/gr/gr4phic3r/334007_dirty_coffee_cup_13_detail.jpg (broken link)

Old 12-27-2009, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
Good for you. Maybe now she'll take her head out of the sand. You did the right thing.
You mean the cat box.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships