Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 08:26 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times

Advertisements

If you are thinking you HAVE to marry the girl you made pregnant, than go all the way and at least TRY to be a good husband and father. Marrying out of guilt and then ignoring the wife and not caring about her - doesn't make sense. Then better don't marry and safe all the fights and trouble involved with that. It doesn't help the baby if the parents are married but fight all day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2009, 08:28 AM

2,482 posts, read 8,733,071 times
This is why family morals are important in a child's (yes a 16 year old is a child) upbringing. Or else this happens. They start families before they're ready, become parents before they're willing, and ruin their entire future when they should be getting an education and building the groundwork for their future. Take heed, parents, and take heed, teenagers.

Old 12-30-2009, 08:45 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
The Hispanics have shotgun weddings too?!

We invented them........

Old 12-30-2009, 10:06 AM

2,625 posts, read 11,218,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
If you are thinking you HAVE to marry the girl you made pregnant, than go all the way and at least TRY to be a good husband and father. Marrying out of guilt and then ignoring the wife and not caring about her - doesn't make sense. Then better don't marry and safe all the fights and trouble involved with that. It doesn't help the baby if the parents are married but fight all day.

i know that now, at that age i was naive, i love my kids to the death, i was headed down the wrong path, and technically my daughter being born saved me, just at that time i thought i had to marry her mom.

Old 12-30-2009, 12:45 PM

951 posts, read 1,811,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySoul22 View Post
I don't get these stupid young people 'having babies' these days. My niece and nephew (in their early 20s) both have babies and are not married. My niece 'did it' with some scumbag who already has several 'babymamas' and kids running around from NY to Florida. To him (with his culture) it is a mark of honor to have 'many babies' with many women (not being racist, you do the adding up).

She is now struggling and unhappy. I hope she finds a nice man but with her self esteem issues, she is going to keep chasing the same 'useless' sort of guy she's liked since she was a kid (again, not being racist, just realistic). We can only wish she doesn't wind up with any more little ones till she is ready.

My nephew and his 'long term' g/f also have a little baby. He has NO job, they live with HER parents and he's got (from what I hear) a drug problem. Great.
As a society, we've made it far too easy an option to keep the children and play house. If she cannot collect from the father and welfare isn't enough, there are always parents willing to step up with money and support to keep her afloat.

Adoption should be the rule for those not able (and usually never willing) to fend for themselves. Eliminate the welfare for those under 25 and forget about trying to squeeze the bad boys since this just encourages them to fly below the radar. (i.e. drug dealing - try collecting c/s out of that!)

People under 25 should be getting prepared for life and a career, not using the system of support as analternative to making difficult decisions. Otherwise, its usually another case of a lifetime drain on society - in so many ways.

This won't overwhelm the adoption system since without these easy options, there will be far fewer "mistakes" being made. Of course, we'll have to scrap the despicable abstinence only sex "education" policies!

Old 12-30-2009, 02:08 PM

1,659 posts, read 2,776,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySoul22 View Post
My niece 'did it' with some scumbag who already has several 'babymamas' and kids running around from NY to Florida. To him (with his culture) it is a mark of honor to have 'many babies' with many women (not being racist, you do the adding up).

She is now struggling and unhappy. I hope she finds a nice man but with her self esteem issues, she is going to keep chasing the same 'useless' sort of guy she's liked since she was a kid (again, not being racist, just realistic). We can only wish she doesn't wind up with any more little ones till she is ready.
There is no one race that applies to. I think the word that comes closest is class. People of all races live that way.

Old 12-30-2009, 02:11 PM

1,659 posts, read 2,776,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyShouldIWorry View Post
This won't overwhelm the adoption system since without these easy options, there will be far fewer "mistakes" being made. Of course, we'll have to scrap the despicable abstinence only sex "education" policies!
Exactly! That works so well with crime too! The death penalty has wiped out--oh, that's right, it hasn't wiped out crime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships