Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2009, 04:13 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,035,633 times

Advertisements

Hey - what's an ISO? I thought ISO meant "In Search Of" .....

Did you mean SO?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2009, 04:14 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,182,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Hey - what's an ISO? I thought ISO meant "In Search Of" .....

Did you mean SO?
Insignificant Other

Old 12-28-2009, 04:15 PM

353 posts, read 552,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
I am probably one of the easiest going guys you will meet.

I call her that because everyone on here says "Significant other."

I don't feel that way about her. So I say that in a joking but kinda quirky way that she is "Insignificant."

This is a woman that cannot hold a conversation without getting distracted by something. Your welfare is never a priority to her. Her brain is wired to one level and can easily short circuit with a blink of an eye.

I am sorry to offend the group on here. I only asked what everyone thought of the scene I encountered.

For years I would boil inside but now I just sit there and take it all in. Let everyone step on me like a door mat. Some day when I walk out the door to a new life they may....I say that lightly...may, miss me.
I guess I missed the humor. This quote.....
Quote:
This is a woman that cannot hold a conversation without getting distracted by something. Your welfare is never a priority to her. Her brain is wired to one level and can easily short circuit with a blink of an eye.
..... while it's discriptive and provides a good visual it leaves a bad taste.
It fits my ex to the tee but I would never disrespect the dumb ***** by talking about her that way to others.

Old 12-28-2009, 04:20 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,950,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by offthefence View Post
I guess I missed the humor. This quote.......... while it's discriptive and provides a good visual it leaves a bad taste.
It fits my ex to the tee but I would never disrespect the dumb ***** by talking about her that way to others.
That's true.

If she was looking on over my shoulder I would have better typing skills if you know what I mean.

So you never sat around a table with beers and cards and shot the ****?

Most of my friends smash my SO cause they know her.

Old 12-28-2009, 09:33 PM

2,320 posts, read 2,558,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
I am probably one of the easiest going guys you will meet.

I call her that because everyone on here says "Significant other."

I don't feel that way about her. So I say that in a joking but kinda quirky way that she is "Insignificant."

I am sorry to offend the group on here. I only asked what everyone thought of the scene I encountered.

For years I would boil inside but now I just sit there and take it all in. Let everyone step on me like a door mat. Some day when I walk out the door to a new life they may....I say that lightly...may, miss me.
I'm so sorry -- I have a friend who has to live like this ... you will never find a nicer guy, but his wife and children just walk all over him and he IS made to feel insignificant. I would encourage you to have a "come to Jesus" meeting with your wife (although my friend has done that and it's like talking to a wall), but have the talk anyway to let her know how you are feeling. If she can't respond to your feelings, and things don't get better, you probably should make plans to leave and find peace alone or find someone who will appreciate you and give you at least the same courtesies strangers give to each other.

Best of luck to you.

Old 12-28-2009, 09:35 PM

2,320 posts, read 2,558,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by offthefence View Post
Well ya just DID.

Old 12-28-2009, 09:39 PM

37,608 posts, read 45,988,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
That was rude on her part, sometimes people do just get distracted, maybe it was just one of those things. Only you know if she's really blowing you off in an acute or chronic way.

WTH, is a ISO, I figure you meant SO, but you typed it twice.

ISO???
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
Insignificant Other

Old 12-28-2009, 11:02 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,927,978 times
I do relate to the OP as I've been in a similare situation with two different mariages.

First one was with two small step children and the second with her adult daughters and grandchildren.

First was okay as I could deal with them being small.

Second was a different story. Would be talking about a important part of our marriage and then a daughter would be interupting on something or a child was being intrusive to the point I clamed up and when the wife asked me to continue I said it was not important.

She says yes...go ahead...upon which I asked her what I had been saying and for her to repeat what I said...obvious answer was she could not remember anything I was talking about.

Children should be seen and NOT heard when Adults are speaking and to only answer when spoken too.

I had this rule in the first marriage with the two step children and the five we had together. Each evening at dinner we would discuss the days happenings as a family unit.

Steve

Old 12-29-2009, 12:43 PM

1,659 posts, read 2,776,329 times
^^^^^Gotta agree! I wish I would have strolled into my parents conversations like the guest star! I would have been shown the door and hall to my room to wait my turn. Pretty rude stuff.

I'm sorry to hear you guys are going through this triangulated dynamic in your marriage. Hope you can work it out.

Old 12-29-2009, 02:33 PM

2,754 posts, read 6,101,006 times
YOur ISO (whatever the hell that is) sounds like a self-centered, rude, little twit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships