Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: aftering blubbering from sexual stavation, you are finally offered sex
You are finally happy 4 16.67%
You are greatful to have some affection 11 45.83%
you are completely humiliated 9 37.50%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 10:53 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,163,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi ChessieMom,

That is not the question. The question is that you are crying in despair and it is then you are offered sex. Its a spin off from another thread.
So this is pity sex then?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2009, 11:00 AM

20,715 posts, read 19,357,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
So this is pity sex then?
Hi miu,

Yes, would you consider it serendipitous( word recycling ) to finally be offered sex when you are reduced to bawling?

Old 12-29-2009, 11:35 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,690,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi STT Resident,

Its interesting that you assume that there is not context to it. Why is that? How many buttons can one put on a joy stick before the hot selling video game is just too deep? I am also trained as a researcher and providing too much context spoils the objectivity. I tend to think my threads are anything but mundane.

I do sometimes wilt in admiration with droopy bunny ears at the golden eggs of intellectual behemoths that add to their clutch of brilliance "leg hair", and "jiggly jugs".
Why not assume? The psychobabble drivel is suppose to awe me? Oh please. I simply think that your thread in this case is totally mundane. Toss the droopy bunny ears and golden eggs of intellectual leg hair and all the silliness. "Jiggly jugs"?

None of this is this even worthy of a reference to a Monty Python or even a Benny Hill routine although jiggly jugs might be better addressed on Benny Hill reruns.

Kudos to you for thinking you're funny, hope you take no offense and may your career as a "researcher" continue to do well!

Old 12-29-2009, 11:47 AM

2,191 posts, read 4,806,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Do you think my gf's dh was using sex as a weapon?
No, thats not an example of using sex as a weapon. Thats a good example of a mental condition and laziness. The guy most likely felt eternal sorrow for himself that he couldn't get a job, did nothing about it, and then as a result had no interest in sex (and a number of other things I'm assuming). Thats not a reason to cheat or leave him however is something that should have been worked on for awhile by communicating and therapy if they are unresponsive. That would fall into the special circumstances category but not sex as a weapon.

Old 12-29-2009, 11:53 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,188,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason28 View Post
No, thats not an example of using sex as a weapon. Thats a good example of a mental condition and laziness. The guy most likely felt eternal sorrow for himself that he couldn't get a job, did nothing about it, and then as a result had no interest in sex (and a number of other things I'm assuming). Thats not a reason to cheat or leave him however is something that should have been worked on for awhile by communicating and therapy if they are unresponsive. That would fall into the special circumstances category but not sex as a weapon.
As you have clearly established, it's quite difficult to ascertain when sex is being used as a weapon, unless you're telepathic.

Old 12-29-2009, 11:56 AM

5,612 posts, read 15,113,639 times
I would never deny my SO "just because" and if my SO denied me barring a medical reason, that relationship would be over looooong before we got to a year.

Old 12-29-2009, 12:02 PM

Quote:
As you have clearly established, it's quite difficult to ascertain when sex is being used as a weapon, unless you're telepathic.
First of all I happen to be telepathic but that is neither here nor there. That guy had mental issues, probably some confidence stuff going on, and was just generally depressed by the sounds of it from losing his job. He wasn't holding sex over her head to gain something, he just didn't feel like having sex. Two totally different things and, to me, very easy to seperate from one another. Sex as a weapon is only the case when one party has something to gain from the other by witholding it.

Old 12-29-2009, 12:08 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,188,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason28 View Post
First of all I happen to be telepathic but that is neither here nor there.
Well, there ya go lol.

Quote:
That guy had mental issues, probably some confidence stuff going on, and was just generally depressed by the sounds of it from losing his job. He wasn't holding sex over her head to gain something, he just didn't feel like having sex. Two totally different things and, to me, very easy to seperate from one another. Sex as a weapon is only the case when one party has something to gain from the other by witholding it.
And the only way you could know the intimate details of another's sexual life is if you are able to read minds, which apparently you can lol, or if both involved told you. Either way, that's quite an interesting family you have to say the least.

Old 12-29-2009, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Well, there ya go lol.

And the only way you could know the intimate details of another's sexual life is if you are able to read minds, which apparently you can lol, or if both involved told you. Either way, that's quite an interesting family you have to say the least.
When you know people for 20+ years its easy to see when they manipulate one another...and most of these relationships are outside my family but I've known them forever. I've seen plenty of people withhold sex to get what they want, though they don't directly say it in public. The thought of my family members having sex is going to make me vomit now, so see ya later.

Old 12-29-2009, 12:18 PM

19,620 posts, read 12,218,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
I would never deny my SO "just because" and if my SO denied me barring a medical reason, that relationship would be over looooong before we got to a year.
But there's a huge area between "just because" and a diagnosed medical reason. It's generally these gray areas that cause the problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships