Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2010, 10:05 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,001,935 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Generally, because the ferrari itself is getting scorned at.

It's not a question of turning the women off. Turning people off in general. We're entering the "I hate elitists" realm that is so predominant in today's society.

The bourgeois is calling the shots
I just don't see the point in spending a large sum of money on something that ridiculous. Give me a low powered scooter with a sidecar for my dog and I'm happy.

Old 01-16-2010, 10:06 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,720,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
No one dates "on a website".

But if you are implying that I, because I am over 35 and I use online dating, have failed in my own personal life, then you are certainly entitled to your own, but very strange, opinion!
No, no, no, culturally, I'd be seen as a wreck if I'm still dating and goofing around.

Remember I come from a different world, where having girlfriends over 30 itself is not acceptable. Many think I should have been married already and my relatives give me the stink eye and the lecture.

Since it's the personal me, I have extended my limit to 35 Nothing to do with you or the rest of the folks from other cultural backgrounds. Dating into the 60s even is acceptable in America, not in my world

Old 01-16-2010, 10:11 PM

37,617 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
No, no, no, culturally, I'd be seen as a wreck if I'm still dating and goofing around.

Remember I come from a different world, where having girlfriends over 30 itself is not acceptable. Many think I should have been married already and my relatives give me the stink eye and the lecture.

Since it's the personal me, I have extended my limit to 35 Nothing to do with you or the rest of the folks from other cultural backgrounds. Dating into the 60s even is acceptable in America, not in my world
Ah....I understand. But you are here...not there. Culturally, here, you would be just fine.

For what it's worth, the guy I am with now - we really only "dated" a couple of times...we dove rather quickly into the relationship phase.

Old 01-17-2010, 01:01 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,431,077 times
Quote:
There are juice bottles, milk cartons, hangers, coats, shoes strewn across all over and I haven't vacuumed in 10 days
Okay, you haven't cleaned your place in ten days and that is some kind of record, right? You have also been on a f**ked up diet for about the same number of days. Since your brain is unable to make the connection, because of the lack of energy your body is producing at the moment, I will do it for you. Yes, you need to start eating normal, in order to start doing your normal activities!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellfire View Post
I love cleaning. Especially vacuuming. I have one of those bagless Dysons that lets me see exactly how much dog fur gets sucked up into the canister...it's so satisfying... I'm not a clean freak but I do generally prefer order.
I once heard of women who would say that they got more satisfaction from cleaning the house, than having sex with their current mate. Maybe this has nothing to do with your situation, but I think it is interesting. And hey, I like cleaning the house too, every so often. It relaeses the same endorphins, that working out does. At least, I think it does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post

I have a Fantom with a Hepa filter where you can see in too, (all the dog, cat hair) (bigfoot ) hairy...

Sounds fun.

Quote:
One of my fancy ideas has been to get myself a Ferrari when I age or at least get one for my son or daughter......... will that turn the women off
Not me. What I don't like about guys in ferraris, is that they blare music really loud as well. That, to me, is a turn off.

Quote:

Tell them you're an American now, and you will be dating till your 60.

Old 01-17-2010, 02:55 AM

19,429 posts, read 15,244,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
So did anyone hear about the sheep born with a human face, in Turkey?

Sheep Born With Human Face: More People Became Curious with New Born Lamb | Showbiz Galore (http://www.showbizgalore.com/3316/sheep-born-with-human-face-more-people-became-curious-with-new-born-lamb/ - broken link)

And I saw this funny video, when I googled it too. Sheep Births Abomination with Human Face | Manolith
I can't even look at this, temp. I gotta sleep at night...

Quote:
I don't know anything bout the military, but hasn't major major major become a general or something by now?

Now I do know about the aging Barbie disease. Plastic, never bothered to develop any skills or personality, and the looks begin to tank. This happened to my grandmother. Bitter, bitter, woman she was.

I feel for you guys. Be glad the 16 year old isn't yours. She'll probably move back in at 22 and never leave.
Laughing at the "major major" thing...

Old 01-17-2010, 04:06 AM

19,429 posts, read 15,244,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
This thing sucks. I typed that in all caps and clicked on the smiley and it screwed it up.
Quote:
I taught CD folks the blank parser technique
I was waiting to see... The best trick; I love it...

Old 01-17-2010, 10:16 AM

1,057 posts, read 2,011,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post

I once heard of women who would say that they got more satisfaction from cleaning the house, than having sex with their current mate. Maybe this has nothing to do with your situation, but I think it is interesting. And hey, I like cleaning the house too, every so often. It relaeses the same endorphins, that working out does. At least, I think it does.

I think you're right about the endorphins. As far as preferring cleaning to sex... I guess it depends on how one feels about their current mate. I'm not really into "mating" right now. Meeting people, developing a relationship, etc. is not a priority. Kinda makes me yearn for the days of FWB...

Old 01-17-2010, 10:23 AM

1,057 posts, read 2,011,707 times
Quote:
Generally, because the ferrari itself is getting scorned at.

It's not a question of turning the women off. Turning people off in general. We're entering the "I hate elitists" realm that is so predominant in today's society.

The bourgeois is calling the shots
Don't worry, Antlered. The proletariat will scoff for now. It's just like everything else, on a pendulum. It would be in poor taste for someone to admit to an affinity for the finer things right now, especially given this past week's tragedy in Haiti.

I don't care either way. It can be taken from us so quickly... I guess I've stopped having a lot of interest in the financial bottom line. Heresy to a banker man like yourself!

Have a great day everybody. I'm really sad, a good kid died this morning. I only knew him peripherally... he played for the Bucs for a few seasons, then was signed to the Bears. Gaines Adams, RIP.

Old 01-17-2010, 11:35 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,720,562 times
Quote:
Don't worry, Antlered. The proletariat will scoff for now. It's just like everything else, on a pendulum. It would be in poor taste for someone to admit to an affinity for the finer things right now, especially given this past week's tragedy in Haiti.

I don't care either way. It can be taken from us so quickly... I guess I've stopped having a lot of interest in the financial bottom line. Heresy to a banker man like yourself!

Have a great day everybody. I'm really sad, a good kid died this morning. I only knew him peripherally... he played for the Bucs for a few seasons, then was signed to the Bears. Gaines Adams, RIP.
Since you mentioned the proles, I'm gonna have to reply with an essay. But there's a place I need to get to in the next one hour. Later

<runs to iron shirt >

Old 01-17-2010, 12:01 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,639,503 times
The nice folks gave me free STARZ this weekend...

Untraceable is a good'un suspense thriller with Diane Lane...

Seven Pounds is good (make you think type) with Will Smith.

I'm sorry about Gaines Adams.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships