Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2010, 01:26 AM

9,912 posts, read 13,900,220 times

Advertisements

Here?

7.25pm Sunday night.

In California I suspect it's 12.25am Sunday morning.

Old 01-31-2010, 01:28 AM

52,249 posts, read 52,655,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
Here?

7.25pm Sunday night.

They are like 17 hrs ahead.??

Moonie could correct me though.

Old 01-31-2010, 01:28 AM

19,427 posts, read 15,236,300 times
Quote:
Good to hear.

I'm back Downunder for the time being.
Any significance to this casual phrase?

Quote:
If you say so.

I can't believe I've actually spent time watching the toilets flush in both countries just because of this supposed phenomenon and I gotta say given the plethora of different bathroom fittings in the US it's a miracle I managed to flush at all.
I gotta say, I agree with you on that one.

EDIT: Never mind, I just saw your status! Congratulations, moonie!!! I'm so excited for you!

Old 01-31-2010, 01:32 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,427,891 times
Quote:
Here?

7.25pm Sunday night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post

It's 2:31a.m. here in Texas.

Old 01-31-2010, 01:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post

I think...and my math ain't great when it comes to tallying West Coast time any more but I THINK that the East Coast is currently 16 hours behind Australia making West Coast 19 hours behind Australia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Any significance to this casual phrase?

I gotta say, I agree with you on that one.

EDIT: Never mind, I just saw your status! Congratulations, moonie!!! I'm so excited for you!
Seriously Sea, what is the deal with all that bathroom gadgetry???? It did my head in!

And thanks. We're pretty excited too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
It's 2:31a.m. here in Texas.
SO....dum dum dum...moonie's head stretching to explode....that means we're 17 hours ahead of Texas.......I think...

Old 01-31-2010, 02:10 AM

Quote:
Seriously Sea, what is the deal with all that bathroom gadgetry???? It did my head in!
I think they do it on purpose and then put cameras in to watch our reactions. Pretty cruel, really.

So, the details, please! If you're tired of talking about it, that's okay. If not, give us the juicy, romantic details.

Old 01-31-2010, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
For those of you who are looking for stuff to add to netflix or whatever, there's a great miniseries from HBO/BBC called Five Days. It's two disks, but well worth it. Great mystery.
Just added it. Thanks, spinx.

Old 01-31-2010, 02:32 AM

Quote:
I think they do it on purpose and then put cameras in to watch our reactions. Pretty cruel, really.
Well they must have had a field day with me then!
Got to the stage where I'd suffer anxiety walking into the toilet not knowing if I'd be able to get myself out again with a modicum of dignity still intact.

Quote:
So, the details, please! If you're tired of talking about it, that's okay. If not, give us the juicy, romantic details.
haha! Well I can't say that I've talked about it that much. Most of the people around us, aside from being deliriously happy, seem to have been expecting it for a while.

First time was at the dining room table. Apparently I can cook. Who knew?
Second time not really fit for PG-13 consumption and the last was the day we picked up the ring from the jewellers after being resized. Oh and I think there's another in my rep comments round here somewhere!

Old 01-31-2010, 03:10 AM

Quote:
Well they must have had a field day with me then!
Got to the stage where I'd suffer anxiety walking into the toilet not knowing if I'd be able to get myself out again with a modicum of dignity still intact.
LOL, I'm telling you, I suffer the same thing - and I LIVE HERE!

Quote:
haha! Well I can't say that I've talked about it that much. Most of the people around us, aside from being deliriously happy, seem to have been expecting it for a while.

First time was at the dining room table. Apparently I can cook. Who knew?
Second time not really fit for PG-13 consumption and the last was the day we picked up the ring from the jewellers after being resized. Oh and I think there's another in my rep comments round here somewhere!
You must be a regular Julia Child. Where you guys gonna live?

Old 01-31-2010, 03:56 AM

Quote:
LOL, I'm telling you, I suffer the same thing - and I LIVE HERE!
Well I've certainly expanded my knowledge! At this rate I'll be able to go to any bathroom in the world and know instaneously which buttons to press and when.

Quote:
You must be a regular Julia Child. Where you guys gonna live?
I don't think hamburger was her forte', do you?

Not sure yet. We'll work it out as we go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships