U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-07-2010, 11:27 AM

42,843 posts, read 54,836,635 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
I've never eaten pork, ever
You don't know what you're missing, dear. Oinkers are very yummy!

Old 01-07-2010, 11:37 AM

12,830 posts, read 9,120,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellfire View Post
I saw in a movie once where a stay-at-home mom was looking for work...she re-tooled her resume... Instead of "carpooling" wrote "Skilled in logistics and transportation"... instead of clipping coupons wrote "Shaved 40% off company expenditure vs previous year"...

It's all about repackaging your skill set, I suppose.

A gal i knew in CA years ago, worked from home. She did medical billing for some doctors.

Old 01-07-2010, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
You don't know what you're missing, dear. Oinkers are very yummy!

Get you a bag of pork rinds with hot sauce (chichharones) (sp)

Old 01-07-2010, 11:42 AM

1,057 posts, read 1,109,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wigirl920 View Post
Well I suppose that's a good thing

Speaking of violence...this is totally random...in my previous work experience, I had occasion to talk with people in law enforcement and the court system for planning projects. The overwhelming majority said that they find there to be more violence and domestic abuse around the Christmas holiday season, just prior to school starting (custody-related violence), late Spring when it starts getting warmer and....this one was a real shocker for me....during the (pro) football season. What?!?! Apparently massive amounts of alcohol and the Green Bay Packers contribute to a spike in domestic violence in the fall and early winter. Who knew!

Okay, that's it for my randomness today
Interesting...I guess that's a local phenomenon and it could be different in other areas. Does anybody remember the "news" from decades ago that there was a correlation between ice cream sales and violent crimes? It's a statistical study that's used to teach concepts like causality, correlation, etc. Ice cream sales go up in the summer, more people hang out in the streets late at night (or used to anyway), more drinking and fights, more violent crime. Ice cream has nothing to do with violent crime per se... just a correlation.

One town around here has a yearly "party". Has-been bands come and perform, street-fair food, crappy crafts, etc. Tens of thousands of hillbilly rednecks (and I use that term lovingly, because I am one) come out and party down together and have a great time. Then somebody's beer gets spilled and the shotguns come off the window racks.

Good times.

Old 01-07-2010, 11:45 AM

24,548 posts, read 14,885,946 times
Quote:
Interesting...I guess that's a local phenomenon and it could be different in other areas. Does anybody remember the "news" from decades ago that there was a correlation between ice cream sales and violent crimes? It's a statistical study that's used to teach concepts like causality, correlation, etc. Ice cream sales go up in the summer, more people hang out in the streets late at night (or used to anyway), more drinking and fights, more violent crime. Ice cream has nothing to do with violent crime per se... just a correlation.

One town around here has a yearly "party". Has-been bands come and perform, street-fair food, crappy crafts, etc. Tens of thousands of hillbilly rednecks (and I use that term lovingly, because I am one) come out and party down together and have a great time. Then somebody's beer gets spilled and the shotguns come off the window racks.

Good times.
UHM Yeah, I want to party with you!

Old 01-07-2010, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigirl920 View Post
Well I suppose that's a good thing

Speaking of violence...this is totally random...in my previous work experience, I had occasion to talk with people in law enforcement and the court system for planning projects. The overwhelming majority said that they find there to be more violence and domestic abuse around the Christmas holiday season, just prior to school starting (custody-related violence), late Spring when it starts getting warmer and....this one was a real shocker for me....during the (pro) football season. What?!?! Apparently massive amounts of alcohol and the Green Bay Packers contribute to a spike in domestic violence in the fall and early winter. Who knew!

Okay, that's it for my randomness today

I wood guess that likker, Coold weather, & losing numerous games makes fans Ornery/angry...

Old 01-07-2010, 11:51 AM

1,057 posts, read 1,109,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
UHM Yeah, I want to party with you!
LOL. Please, woman! I don't go, I just keep my fingers crossed that I don't have to WORK that day! We all request it off. We work any holiday instead of "This town's party day".

Old 01-07-2010, 11:52 AM

Quote:

Good times.

http://bestsmileys.com/hitting/6.gif (broken link)

Old 01-07-2010, 12:04 PM

24,548 posts, read 14,885,946 times
Quote:
LOL. Please, woman! I don't go, I just keep my fingers crossed that I don't have to WORK that day! We all request it off. We work any holiday instead of "This town's party day".
There's a Chelsea Handler Monologue video I had about 4th of July parties --but youtube disabled it. Hysterical, but one thing she said was, "Quick side note. Chuy taught me to avoid any gathering where culturally they celebrate by shooting guns in the air. A bullet through the frontal lobe might ruin your festive occasion."

Old 01-07-2010, 12:05 PM

8,812 posts, read 4,157,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
Or you could use them for a mass marshmellow roast. One on each prong.
Thursday, you have the best antler humor. You probably think I say that to all the antler humorists, but I don't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships