Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 11:26 AM

1,659 posts, read 2,772,242 times

Advertisements

I think this isn't some isolated trend. I think this is a national and international trend that is happening to both sexes and all ethnic groups. People everywhere are trying new things like living single lives, childfree lives, etc. There's far less social pressure, stigma, and coercion than before as far as how others should lead their private lives. Black women aren't immune to catching the independence bug! I think it was a fallacy for people to believe every man and woman must get married and must have children, and that they must do it in that order. One day we could see far less people marrying and having kids but also see the kids who are born be raised better and see the couples who wed stay together longer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2009, 11:34 AM

8,064 posts, read 17,985,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaveno View Post
Why does a woman have to be pathetic if she believes her happiness will be complete once she is married.Do we not raise our daughters with these teachings or are we doing something differently. We can teach them about careers, academics, but I believe that many of us speak to marriages and families one day. Should we do something differently. Do we not as mothers look forward to grandchildren, meaning grandchildren brought forth by marriage usually-of course knowing she can be a single parent without a husband/life-long mate and still be successful raising her child/children alone.
She can believe anything she wants -- what is pathetic is when she (or men) insist to OTHER WOMEN that they can't be happy unless they are married. THAT is what I object to, mostly because it's been done to me (a single woman) so many, many times and mostly by women who are in bad marriages. Women in good marriages don't seem threatened by the fact that other women are happily single.

Just look at some of the responses on this thread -- the references to single women becoming "cat collectors" -- and then tell me that anyone deserves to be labeled or spoken to in this manner. But that's what happens to strong, single women.

Old 12-29-2009, 11:40 AM

3,425 posts, read 6,299,612 times
I am not racist but I have never met a black woman that I would consider dating in my entire life. First of all, I think it would be very hard to find a Black woman around my age(32) who does not have any children. I met a Black woman on a dating site and one thing that turned me off about her was the fact that all she liked was black stuff, black movies, black singer, black everything.

I can listen to rap and hip hop but I am huge country fan and I love classic rock as well, so the fact that she was so limited to Black-only things was a turn off.

Another thing that turns me off about some Black women is the religious thing, it seems like religion is a HUGE thing with African Americans but often, the lifestyle they lead is as far from anything Godly as I have seen.

Also, it is hard dealing with someone who has a "prejudice" concern 24/7, like maybe it is because I am not Black but if your partner is always complaining about racism and you cannot relate to what she is saying, I think it would be hard to have a decent relationship.

Finally, the dating pool for Black women is very limited, lots of losers, thugs and people who don't even know how to be faithful. And I guess, most non-Black guys do not want to date Black women because of the reasons mentioned above and many Black guys go for White women because they do not want to deal with that stereotypical Black woman, the woman with an attitude, "Motha****a, where have your ass been all night?" holding a frying pan ready to hit him LOL

Old 12-29-2009, 11:41 AM

383 posts, read 898,975 times
Quote:
^^^^^Maybe one day you'll get beyond your navel and start gazing out at the larger world. What you wrote applies only to you and the few people you know. It's far from "the facts".
Art imitates reality. Behold. The attitude's universal.

Old 12-29-2009, 11:42 AM

52,035 posts, read 52,481,932 times
Wow, just wow. One poster on a similar thread said something about there being a "civil" war between black females and black males. Based on some of these postings here on the forum. I'm starting to wonder if they're right.

There has always been a war between the sexes, but jeez.

Old 12-29-2009, 11:42 AM

Lemme guess, Repubrocrat, she's from Brooklyn Park.

Old 12-29-2009, 11:47 AM

3,425 posts, read 6,299,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdRedRain View Post
Lemme guess, Repubrocrat, she's from Brooklyn Park.
See, now you are being stereotypical Actually, there are some White people who live in BP haha

Old 12-29-2009, 11:55 AM

Yeah, and their stuff keeps on getting stolen. JK. (Actually, it is true, Brooklyn Park does have a high theft rate)

Old 12-29-2009, 12:05 PM

1,659 posts, read 2,772,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
I am not racist but I have never met a black woman that I would consider dating in my entire life. First of all, I think it would be very hard to find a Black woman around my age(32) who does not have any children. I met a Black woman on a dating site and one thing that turned me off about her was the fact that all she liked was black stuff, black movies, black singer, black everything.

I can listen to rap and hip hop but I am huge country fan and I love classic rock as well, so the fact that she was so limited to Black-only things was a turn off.

Another thing that turns me off about some Black women is the religious thing, it seems like religion is a HUGE thing with African Americans but often, the lifestyle they lead is as far from anything Godly as I have seen.

Also, it is hard dealing with someone who has a "prejudice" concern 24/7, like maybe it is because I am not Black but if your partner is always complaining about racism and you cannot relate to what she is saying, I think it would be hard to have a decent relationship.

Finally, the dating pool for Black women is very limited, lots of losers, thugs and people who don't even know how to be faithful. And I guess, most non-Black guys do not want to date Black women because of the reasons mentioned above and many Black guys go for White women because they do not want to deal with that stereotypical Black woman, the woman with an attitude, "Motha****a, where have your ass been all night?" holding a frying pan ready to hit him LOL

Well done! Pretty sly racist display worthy of Imus. Because you are not interested in dating Black women your "reasons" must apply in this discussion--except they don't. It's yet another example of one narrow mind imagining it's views are bigger than they are.

Old 12-29-2009, 12:10 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,094,737 times
Wow a lot of people posting here have been watching a lot of Blaxploitation films.

btw, I'm a black who loves country music, mainstream films and things that are not Black. Of course, I still enjoy jazz, Chris Rock and soul food.

Not every Black person is completely emerged in Black culture some of us enjoy the best of all worlds. And a good number of us are intelligent, educated and very professional and good at our jobs and don't stand around talking when we should be working.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships