Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 06:33 AM

4,533 posts, read 8,341,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Oh sheesh she probably wasn't wasting your time...you just nit pick too much. She probably was a great catch for you. Darnit Solomon stop letting them go!
I wonder if I saw the OP's sister on TV last night. It was one of those shows where they bring a couple to some houses and let them choose which one to buy. Well this one wife just kept finding the tiniest things wrong and hating the whole house for it. Her husband was more practical, telling her we could change it to this or do that with it.

He just needs to get off the computer for a long time and never go on it again. Might do him a world of good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2009, 06:36 AM

6,764 posts, read 22,072,850 times
One time I dated a big sports fan (again, one of the reasons it would not work out between us).

He tried to get me to go on a 'date' with him and his buddies and their gals hanging around watching 'some game.' Snore city...

People said "Oh, why didn't you go?"

I just can't pretend I am interested in something I am not, particularly boring football games.

Fortunately my husband is not one to sit around watching sports. (He likes to work out and 'do' sports, not watch.)

I'm sorry this girl is doing 'whatever' to hook a guy. It's wrong to dangle the sports interest (if you have none) just to get a man to reply to you.

TVGuy, whatever sites you are using to find women are crap.

Old 12-30-2009, 07:04 AM

8,568 posts, read 18,110,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
OH MY GOD!!! I've figured it out - FINALLY!!!!

Short-term memory loss!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That would explain EVERYTHING.
By jove, I think you've got it!

Old 12-30-2009, 07:11 AM

8,568 posts, read 18,110,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySoul22 View Post
Gypsy, it isn't the sites ... or the women.

He is looking for his perfect woman. She has to be perfect according to a standard he remembers from a dream he had when he was 14 years old and masturbating for the first time. (Yes, he was a late bloomer.) He wants a plastic version of Bo Derek (remember the movie 10?) who loves sports and agrees with him, having no opinions of her own, who won't ask him to go out when there's a chance of rain, who will do everything for him and ask for nothing in return.

He will accept no deviation from his dream and won't even meet women in person if he suspects (not knows, just suspects) that she is even marginally flawed according to his vision.

Trust me, Ann Margaret at 18 wouldn't do it for him.

Old 12-30-2009, 01:34 PM

1,111 posts, read 4,638,942 times
I think all of the women here scared him away since he is not responding anymore. It's obviously he can't handle talking to women in real life but now it looks like that has transferred over to the virtual world.

Either that or he's coming up with a new plan for his next thread...

Old 12-30-2009, 01:39 PM

2,382 posts, read 4,591,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danameless View Post
I think all of the women here scared him away since he is not responding anymore. It's obviously he can't handle talking to women in real life but now it looks like that has transferred over to the virtual world.

Oh, no worries....he'll be back, without a doubt!

Old 12-30-2009, 01:55 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,703,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danameless View Post

Incorrect. He has a day job and doesn't post from there. He'll be home soon and will be baaaaack just to see what awesome advice he might have received since last night and then instantly dismiss it. Grasshopper is nothing if not predictable - precisely why his interminable problems never go away.

Old 12-30-2009, 03:58 PM

2,035 posts, read 5,036,028 times
Well said STT...im still not moving the chairs around again though..lol

Old 12-30-2009, 05:08 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,703,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by si33 View Post
Well said STT...im still not moving the chairs around again though..lol
Good idea. He did post earlier tonight on the "Dating Site" thread (yes, he is offering advice on a dating thread) and I suggested he revert to his ongoing threads in order not to disappoint his fans but he's probably getting all geared up while I'm definitely winding down after being up at 5:30AM and working hard for the duration which was 12 hours ago my time.

Sorry, Grasshopper, but I'll have to leave any review of whatever responses you make tonight until tomorrow. Any new thread ideas for 2010? It's only two days away, after all.

You really are a hopeless case who just cannot and will not learn but, in comparison to those who are either mentally unstable and off their meds who switch around their*monikers simply to create inflamed and lengthy responses, you're a real ***** cat. Nonetheless a sad ***** cat.

If you were one of the stray felines who so often and regularly find me, jump right in the door and say, "Hello, I'm here, I'm home!" you would be fixed, given your shots and for ever after live a darned good life.

No doubt my tolerance of you and sometimes kindness towards you for quite some time now has been based on that analogy. Over many years I've taken in many strays, both animals and humans. You win some and you lose some. Some just can't help themselves.

I do wish you all the best in 2010. It's very sad to see a 34 year old so totally confused as you are, so totally socially inept and, well, so incredibly ignorant where social mores are concerned and one who ignores repetitive advice offered over so much time by so many different people and in so many different ways. Cheers, dear!

Old 12-30-2009, 05:36 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySoul22 View Post
One time I dated a big sports fan (again, one of the reasons it would not work out between us).

He tried to get me to go on a 'date' with him and his buddies and their gals hanging around watching 'some game.' Snore city...

People said "Oh, why didn't you go?"

I just can't pretend I am interested in something I am not, particularly boring football games.

Fortunately my husband is not one to sit around watching sports. (He likes to work out and 'do' sports, not watch.)

I'm sorry this girl is doing 'whatever' to hook a guy. It's wrong to dangle the sports interest (if you have none) just to get a man to reply to you.

Yeah she was defintely exposed as a fraud
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships