U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-30-2009, 08:23 AM
 
195 posts, read 212,504 times
Reputation: 108

Advertisements

There has been lots of interesting conversation on this board about what it means to be a good husband or wife. And when someone should consider divorcing their spouse.

One of the main conflict points of many married couples is frequency of sex. In another post I told everyone I really do not have much of a sex drive and have always felt that the act of having sex was kind of ugly, dirty and unpleasant. It does not have anything to do with my wife, who is just wonderful, my feelings about sex would be the same no matter who I was married to.

I am sure my wife is telling her friends about our unsatisfactory sex life and they are telling her to demand more sex from her husband (me). They are probably saying that it is a husband's role to keep his wife happy sexually and romantically. But is that really the case?

Does a husband have a ethical and moral obligation in a marriage to have a sexual relationship? Just like his obligation of: being a good father, provider and communicator. (Remember, we can not fake interest like a woman can)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-30-2009, 08:37 AM
 
Location: Center of the universe
24,757 posts, read 33,946,555 times
Reputation: 11780
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranded and Lonely View Post
There has been lots of interesting conversation on this board about what it means to be a good husband or wife. And when someone should consider divorcing their spouse.

One of the main conflict points of many married couples is frequency of sex. In another post I told everyone I really do not have much of a sex drive and have always felt that the act of having sex was kind of ugly, dirty and unpleasant. It does not have anything to do with my wife, who is just wonderful, my feelings about sex would be the same no matter who I was married to.

I am sure my wife is telling her friends about our unsatisfactory sex life and they are telling her to demand more sex from her husband (me). They are probably saying that it is a husband's role to keep his wife happy sexually and romantically. But is that really the case?

Does a husband have a ethical and moral obligation in a marriage to have a sexual relationship? Just like his obligation of: being a good father, provider and communicator. (Remember, we can not fake interest like a woman can)

Just one question. Why are you married?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-30-2009, 08:42 AM
 
Location: Amarillo, Tx
622 posts, read 1,128,541 times
Reputation: 675
I dont think that they have to be at thier spouses sexual beck and call. But you are supposed to get married because you are in love with someone. And part of expressing love is by having sex. If you arent interested in having a sex life with someone then maybe you should just stay single.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-30-2009, 08:44 AM
 
2,482 posts, read 8,044,837 times
Reputation: 1924
Yes it is the case.

And I swear I'm not trying to start anything but---have you ever considered the possibility of you being gay?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-30-2009, 08:52 AM
 
Location: Wyoming
9,415 posts, read 17,378,768 times
Reputation: 14073
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranded and Lonely View Post

Does a husband have a ethical and moral obligation in a marriage to have a sexual relationship? Just like his obligation of: being a good father, provider and communicator. (Remember, we can not fake interest like a woman can)
Yes. Get out from behind your computer and make love to your wife. If you have no sex drive, see a doctor.


Go! Now!




Are you still here? Get!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-30-2009, 08:54 AM
 
Location: 2nd state in the union...
2,382 posts, read 4,058,120 times
Reputation: 1599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranded and Lonely View Post
I am sure my wife is telling her friends about our unsatisfactory sex life and they are telling her to demand more sex from her husband (me). They are probably saying that it is a husband's role to keep his wife happy sexually and romantically. But is that really the case?
In your case, I think you would benefit from counseling....both for your marriage as well as your multiple personality disorder.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-30-2009, 09:03 AM
 
17,751 posts, read 15,637,549 times
Reputation: 6391
Quote:
Originally Posted by wigirl920 View Post
in your case, i think you would benefit from counseling....both for your marriage as well as your multiple personality disorder.

I second that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-30-2009, 09:10 AM
 
195 posts, read 212,504 times
Reputation: 108
No, I am not interested in men for sexual purposes either. The reason I am married is companionship and love. But not sex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmerkyGrl View Post
Yes it is the case.

And I swear I'm not trying to start anything but---have you ever considered the possibility of you being gay?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-30-2009, 09:13 AM
 
Location: SoCal again
16,030 posts, read 12,814,885 times
Reputation: 31311
Have you always felt like that or just with your spouse?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-30-2009, 09:13 AM
 
2,482 posts, read 8,044,837 times
Reputation: 1924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranded and Lonely View Post
No, I am not interested in men for sexual purposes either. The reason I am married is companionship and love. But not sex.
Get counseling. Sex is and must be included in love. As much as people like to tell others "you are perfect the way you are", I believe it is a load of BS because some people do need to be fixed. And I'm afraid to say --and I mean this in the kindest way possible ---you are one of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top