Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 02:38 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,696,895 times

Advertisements

She sounds like quite the manipulator who's having a rare old time reining you in with a tease and then putting you right back out there again when something else comes along - and you're playing right into it. She has you right where she wants you and the game playing isn't going to cease until you put a stop to it, get out there and make some new friends and acquaintances. You're young enough to be suckered and not yet old enough or experienced enough to recognize it. "Real" people don't play such games. Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2010, 02:47 PM

1,817 posts, read 6,859,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torredor View Post
Before we start, a little background info. I'm a guy who was recently told by a very good girl friend that she would be jealous if I get a girlfriend and I don't know how to proceed from here, does this mean she wants me to be her boyfriend or what. Hence me asking these questions in order to get a generalised view of the topic.
  • One of your male friends got a girlfriend?
  • Hypothetically if this guy is your best friend, would you be jealous then?
  • If, in the past, you told a guy you can only be friends e.g. you where involved with someone else, but later became single again and started developing feelings toward him, how would your earlier statement influence your actions, if you're both single at a given point in time?
  • Would you make the first move or wait for him to do it?
  • Would you tell a male friend you'd be jealous if he ever gets a girlfriend (he is single now)?
  • What would your reaction be if he asks you to be his girlfriend after you, even if it was only jokingly, made the previous statement?
Could be updated as time goes on
Why didn't you just ask her why she said that?

Old 01-11-2010, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by misplaced1 View Post
Why didn't you just ask her why she said that?
Primary point! He's been asked that and never responded, preferring to ask for additional "scripts" from posters on what he should say and how he should say this and that. Sigh!

Old 01-12-2010, 06:54 AM

49 posts, read 74,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Primary point! He's been asked that and never responded, preferring to ask for additional "scripts" from posters on what he should say and how he should say this and that. Sigh!
If I didn't respond I'm sorry I must have missed it. When she first said she'd be jealous I was still under the impression that she only wants friendship and I didn't know how to interpret this. If it might be a change in her feelings. After considering all given information I decided that the next time I see her I would indeed ask her if she wanted to be my girlfriend. I then got the news that she has gotten a new boyfriend. On the day I would first see her again, while chatting in her car she goes and tells me, she sometimes wish I was her boyfriend. This while she has been involved with another guy for three days only.

My question then simply changed to is it still warranted to ask her such a thing? Should I still speak up? Does her having a new boyfriend, albeit for three days only, prohibit me from asking her?

Old 01-12-2010, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torredor View Post
If I didn't respond I'm sorry I must have missed it. When she first said she'd be jealous I was still under the impression that she only wants friendship and I didn't know how to interpret this. If it might be a change in her feelings. After considering all given information I decided that the next time I see her I would indeed ask her if she wanted to be my girlfriend. I then got the news that she has gotten a new boyfriend. On the day I would first see her again, while chatting in her car she goes and tells me, she sometimes wish I was her boyfriend. This while she has been involved with another guy for three days only.

My question then simply changed to is it still warranted to ask her such a thing? Should I still speak up? Does her having a new boyfriend, albeit for three days only, prohibit me from asking her?
I've read all your posts and my reading comprehension is pretty much up to par. You really should stop over-analyzing everything and say to her what you FEEL like saying to her and ask her what you WANT to ask her. To be asking for a script from strangers is senseless. You've been given a plethora of advice and observations but seem to think if you keep reiterating the same basic points you'll receive different responses which will somehow gel with what you're thinking which, in all honesty, I don't think anybody can quite figure out.

Old 01-12-2010, 08:49 AM

81 posts, read 190,325 times
One of your male friends got a girlfriend? No
Hypothetically if this guy is your best friend, would you be jealous then? Hell No- I'd be HAPPY!
If, in the past, you told a guy you can only be friends e.g. you where involved with someone else, but later became single again and started developing feelings toward him, how would your earlier statement influence your actions, if you're both single at a given point in time? Thats a weird demand- i think either she can't stand being alone and seeing you with someone or she loves you!
Would you make the first move or wait for him to do it? I would make the first move if the guy hasn't.
Would you tell a male friend you'd be jealous if he ever gets a girlfriend (he is single now)? Only if i liked him.. as a Hint..Hint.. I like you.
What would your reaction be if he asks you to be his girlfriend after you, even if it was only jokingly, made the previous statement? Well.. i think you have to joke back don't go in for the "be my girlfriend" because you might have misread her signs and end up looking dumb.

Old 01-16-2010, 05:51 PM

56 posts, read 140,405 times
just because she would be jealous if you got a GF doesn't mean she wants you. this new chick would be getting your "free" time , instead of her.

Old 01-16-2010, 07:21 PM

749 posts, read 1,789,581 times
I would go on with my life and not be there every time she snaps her fingers. It seems as though your having a hard time finding a way of asking her; BUT why hasn't she come out and asked you? I wouldn't worry about it. You can't read her mind and your not going to just come out and ask her. But don't set around. Your so young; get out there and enjoy living. Meet someone else that you don't have to guess at where you stand with them.

Old 01-16-2010, 10:13 PM

3,037 posts, read 5,929,428 times
If she's your friend, she should be happy for you. Jealousy is a natural human emotion, but not when you want to see someone happy.

Old 01-18-2010, 09:46 AM

53 posts, read 101,913 times
I have to say as a guy that when you have a FRIEND that's a girl and she get jealous of your new relationship WATCH OUT, I used to think that being a friend with a girl first was a better way to get to know them, but, while this is kinda true, a you should be FRIENDS that are both open to getting into a more intimate relationship. The problem is, there are these women with low self-esteem that USE their FRIENDS as possible flings but their prey is completely unaware. Allow me to elaborate. My roommate and I had a mutual friend who, unknowingly to us, was constantly wanting to hang out and actually got jealous of ANY other females. As it turned out no matter how much either of us explained to her we were just friends and didn't want "FRIENDLY SEX" or anything in that direction at all she persued it vigorously to the point that she would actually hunt down any possible girlfriends we might have thought about dating and told them silly made up stories to get them to not want to even talk to either of us. Point being, beware the girl who claims she wants to be friends, if she can't get what she wants(usually at least casual sex) she may very well turn on you and make life hell for any or all future opportunities. This is why I think it's best to stay away from friends of the opposite sex if you are interested in dating anyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships