Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2010, 06:52 PM

1,549 posts, read 2,582,975 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorrans View Post
Nothing wrong with being alone FYI.
That's true, but you have to have some people in your life who care about you and with that attitude I'm afraid he is alienating everyone.

Old 01-04-2010, 06:58 PM

1,125 posts, read 2,192,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsRiss7383 View Post
That's true, but you have to have some people in your life who care about you and with that attitude I'm afraid he is alienating everyone.
I agree. He won't be getting very far in life with that attitude. Alienating too many people in your life will only hurt you later in life.

Old 01-04-2010, 07:01 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,039,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsRiss7383 View Post
I just worry for some of the people on here. I hope that nothing ever happens to them where they are in a serious car wreck and end up in a wheelchair or get cancer or something. If they do, I hope that they have families that are loving and stable. Otherwise, I worry about them. My husband is a nurse and he has so many sad stories of people who have tragic things happen to them and then have NOBODY to care for them or to visit them. I just hope that some of the shallow behavior exhibited here doesn't lead to that. : (
Exactly... Lets even carry it further to have compassion for people in other country's who have to go though random car bombings, on the loose serial killers and MAJOR Government corruption. GOD I WISH I WAS SUPERMAN!!!

Old 01-04-2010, 07:03 PM

7,829 posts, read 11,785,978 times
10-15 year age difference between a man and a younger woman is not at all uncommon. If you're in your mid 40s you can still find a woman who is 30ish, sure some may not date you due to age but plenty will.

Old 01-04-2010, 07:08 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,551,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k374 View Post
10-15 year age difference between a man and a younger woman is not at all uncommon. If you're in your mid 40s you can still find a woman who is 30ish, sure some may not date you due to age but plenty will.
I don't think it's that big of a difference either. I've stated b4 my DH is 20 years older than me after all.

HOWEVER, he is very good looking, and very successful (I didn't know this when I first met him, I purely just thought he was attractive. So y'all can save the gold digger comments ). I was actually the one that thought HE was cute and pursued HIM. He thought I was too young for him. I changed his mind.

Old 01-04-2010, 07:17 PM

2,382 posts, read 4,591,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameiko View Post
But I have little time or patience for irrationality or shaming language.
Pot.Kettle.Black.

BTW, Ameiko - thanks so much for the laughs tonight. I'm pretty sure I haven't laughed so much in weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
He acted like he never even saw the posts.

Imagine that.
You know what that means, right? It's his way of acknowledging that yes, the comments were spot on.

Old 01-04-2010, 08:50 PM

20,715 posts, read 19,357,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineleith View Post
It's true. I've heard the "EWWWW!" a lot from my daughter (21) and her friends (20-26). They laugh about all the "old farts" that hit on them in the clubs. To quote her, "There may be the odd girl my age looking to date "grandpa", but from what I've seen it's the gold-diggers."

Hi sunshineleith,

I could not help but notice that old grandpa , balding, toothless codger comments seem pass under the approval of the social bailiwick. It seems the entire country is a cougar preserve, but an old wolf may be shot on site, skinned and become a disposable shammy. I wonder how the reaction would be if 20 year old men commented that older women were dried up old hags?

Its not that I am offended, but still makes me think a certain equity is not maintained.

Old 01-04-2010, 09:02 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,188,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi sunshineleith,

I could not help but notice that old grandpa , balding, toothless codger comments seem pass under the approval of the social bailiwick. It seems the entire country is a cougar preserve, but an old wolf may be shot on site, skinned and become a disposable shammy. I wonder how the reaction would be if 20 year old men commented that older women were dried up old hags?

Its not that I am offended, but still makes me think a certain equity is not maintained.
I've seen one member referring to women in their 30's as used up. Besides, old wolves are cheered above and beyond what's found on forums. Eh.

Old 01-04-2010, 09:16 PM

20,715 posts, read 19,357,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I've seen one member referring to women in their 30's as used up. Besides, old wolves are cheered above and beyond what's found on forums. Eh.

Ah Braunwyn,

The noon radiance of perspicuity that you are has overlooked that those rapid curs are flying the jolly roger. Is not city-data a respectable and prosperous hamlet?

Old 01-04-2010, 09:25 PM

1,417 posts, read 2,180,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by galactic_hombre View Post
I spent my 20s working on my career. Then, a long-term relationship failed. Then, I started losing my hair. Before I knew it, I acquired the label older single. Well, the dating pool is abysmal--consisting of an abundance of women with children, etc. The Sex in the City women don't exist in my world. I'd like to know how the older single men are seducing young, hot women in their 20s.
I would first examine why the long-term relationship failed. Then I would try to find someone who likes shallow bald dudes. (hint hint hint)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships