Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2010, 08:34 AM

190 posts, read 492,961 times

Advertisements

I spent my 20s working on my career. Then, a long-term relationship failed. Then, I started losing my hair. Before I knew it, I acquired the label older single. Well, the dating pool is abysmal--consisting of an abundance of women with children, etc. The Sex in the City women don't exist in my world. I'd like to know how the older single men are seducing young, hot women in their 20s.

Old 01-02-2010, 08:58 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Advice from a guy... you should look at yourself closely. There should be a multitude of women over 30 who are beating a path to your door and surely some have never been married or have kids. A great guy in his 30's and older is extremely hard to find.

There are plenty of young 20's girls (not women) who will hook up with you for the security, money and stable environment an older professional guy offers but it will probably be all about the money.

You might try dating a couple of young 22-23 yo ladies and see how much you have in common. Unless you like a lot of drama I don't think you'll have a lot in common with these young ones. I would think unless you are extremely immature it would be hard to communicate or have much in common.

You might get a trophy wife, but it won't be a 1st place win. JMO.

Added: If you're looking for just hot sex that's another story. You then are competing with a whole lot of horny good looking young guys. The best way then for an older man to bed young ones is to show your money and find the girls who will do you so they get extra benefits.

Old 01-02-2010, 09:02 AM

4,837 posts, read 8,852,845 times
Default Hooking up with young women after age 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by galactic_hombre View Post
I spent my 20s working on my career. Then, a long-term relationship failed. Then, I started losing my hair. Before I knew it, I acquired the label older single. Well, the dating pool is abysmal--consisting of an abundance of women with children, etc. The Sex in the City women don't exist in my world. I'd like to know how the older single men are seducing young, hot women in their 20s.

The guys who do this have their wealthy parents supporting them. They don't "waste" their 20s getting an education and career. If they are good looking without the money, they find a woman to support them in the way they'd like to become accustomed.

Sorry, but you likely missed the boat. I should warn you - you're about to enter the "busybody matchmaker" phase of life! Be prepared to keep a low profile.

Old 01-02-2010, 09:05 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,176,077 times
The flip side of that is that - as a woman- my best relationships have been those where there was a 10 year age difference where he was 10 years older and not necessarily because of education or money (some quite the opposite) and one even had children himself. So, my personal experience says these theories don't fly.

When I went to my high school reunion I saw this very situation, table after table and they were all balding older gentlemen that didn't necessarily have or come from money, with women 10 years younger - some married, some not. So, you aren't doomed.

Old 01-02-2010, 09:07 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
Quote:
well assuming he has got money he tricks her by appearing naive and stupid-- he gives her a big fat engagement ring and lots of gifts marries her and in the end gets dumped for a young hottie and gets taken to the cleaners on the way. cleaver us old bald guys.

Old 01-02-2010, 09:25 AM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,152,606 times
Quote:
Hopefully, you succeeded in your career goals and have a nice fat wallet. A combination of wining and dining a young woman in high style and gifts of expensive jewelry is a tried and true method of catching those hotties.

Old 01-02-2010, 09:29 AM

1,342 posts, read 2,161,539 times
Quote:
It's not that hard. This guy knows what he's talking about:

Attraction Explained

Great public speaker and solid advice on how to build attraction and get dates or get laid (up to your own personal goals). You can apply it at bars, clubs, library, grocery store, even a sidewalk. Basically anywhere you can think of where you can find members of the opposite sex. You just have to have the balls to approach and do what he says. Granted being well groomed and taking care of yourself, aka being in shape, can go a long way to improving your odds.

There's no reason to spend a single dollar on a girl if you know what the hell you're doing. In fact if you've got to wine & dine a woman then all it proves is she's essentially a prostitute. All that's left to debate is how much she costs (i.e. cold hard cash, pay her light bill, fine dinner and jewelry, etc).

Old 01-02-2010, 09:35 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Yes, as long as that career panned out, the young trophy women will come looking for you.

Otherwise most girls in their early 20s just say "eewww" when an older balding man approaches them trying to hook up.

Or find some young woman looking for a green card if you don't have a very fat wallet.

Old 01-02-2010, 09:44 AM
Ep-

2,080 posts, read 4,168,843 times
ive met plenty of cool single ladies in their 30s. they are harder to find tho

someone linked a video to a pickup artist thing. most of that stuff isnt needed. just be confident and funny, and not afraid to approach women. no magical formula. thats all those guys are doing for the most part. they have the balls to talk to a lot of women whereas most dudes just slink around the background.

Old 01-02-2010, 09:49 AM

20,707 posts, read 19,349,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutz76 View Post
It's not that hard. This guy knows what he's talking about:

Attraction Explained

Great public speaker and solid advice on how to build attraction and get dates or get laid (up to your own personal goals). You can apply it at bars, clubs, library, grocery store, even a sidewalk. Basically anywhere you can think of where you can find members of the opposite sex. You just have to have the balls to approach and do what he says. Granted being well groomed and taking care of yourself, aka being in shape, can go a long way to improving your odds.

There's no reason to spend a single dollar on a girl if you know what the hell you're doing. In fact if you've got to wine & dine a woman then all it proves is she's essentially a prostitute. All that's left to debate is how much she costs (i.e. cold hard cash, pay her light bill, fine dinner and jewelry, etc).
Hi Nutz76,

Men who use money in any relationship is just making themselves into a replaceable commodity. I spent time with women on the cheap. Though will say I am not really in line with the goals of hooking up. However I suppose it will help speed up the collapse of Western society so maybe some good will come of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships