U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 01-02-2010, 07:53 PM

2,757 posts, read 2,756,521 times
I only have one tattoo. It's on my right deltoid and it's a beautifully-colored picture of a monkey surrounded by a ring of fire. Below the pic it says, "Fire Monkey." Talk about a conversation-starter with the ladies! They all "love the cute little monkey" and want to know what it means. Well, those of you versed in Chinese Astrology have already guessed: it's my Chinese astro. sign and element.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 01-02-2010, 08:00 PM

42,853 posts, read 49,178,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerBoy View Post
I only have one tattoo. It's on my right deltoid and it's a beautifully-colored picture of a monkey surrounded by a ring of fire. Below the pic it says, "Fire Monkey." Talk about a conversation-starter with the ladies! They all "love the cute little monkey" and want to know what it means. Well, those of you versed in Chinese Astrology have already guessed: it's my Chinese astro. sign and element.
It might be cute, but it gives away age! You may not like it when you're no longer a "boy"!

Unread 01-02-2010, 08:02 PM

9,444 posts, read 8,888,103 times
Completely clean of any tattoos. There is no image in this world that I would permanently want on my body, besides the fact that the ink is toxic for your body.

Unread 01-02-2010, 08:57 PM

530 posts, read 393,904 times
I have 3 I love them. THey all mean something to me so I don't think I will ever regret them.

Unread 01-02-2010, 09:17 PM

9,926 posts, read 8,094,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Truer words were never spoken.
Well I figure if I'm going to decide I don't like someone it should be for a good reason. I wouldn't consider someone's physicality, how they look OR how they decorate themselves to be a good reason. It's always about what they do, least for me anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Besides you're Tool Chick.

How bad can that be.
We'll I'm sure there's folks that would consider it a huge flaw. **shrug**

Quote:
LOL, she's sorry she ever told you that.
Nah. It's always cool to discover friends with the same taste in tunes.

Unread 01-02-2010, 09:29 PM

6,210 posts, read 3,048,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
Well I figure if I'm going to decide I don't like someone it should be for a good reason. I wouldn't consider someone's physicality, how they look OR how they decorate themselves to be a good reason. It's always about what they do, least for me anyway.

We'll I'm sure there's folks that would consider it a huge flaw. **shrug**

Nah. It's always cool to discover friends with the same taste in tunes.
There are a couple of people that I deal with who, no matter how friendly, calm, steady-going I am, they are very passive-aggressive (for lack of a better term) with me. No paranoia here; my SO agrees (unless we're both paranoid ). You just can't please some people, and it's usually because of their own things they've got going on. That's pretty much how I decide if I want to chum up to someone, how they treat others.

Unread 01-02-2010, 09:33 PM

16,911 posts, read 14,060,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
Completely clean of any tattoos. There is no image in this world that I would permanently want on my body, besides the fact that the ink is toxic for your body.
No use messing up a perfect work of art.

Unread 01-02-2010, 09:38 PM

1,771 posts, read 2,021,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
We were all feeling good at a party last night and the conversation drifted to tattoos and tramp stamps (tattoos on the lower back). My wife is completely the non-tattoo type of person but after her Chemo treatment a few years back got her tramp stamp that said "Survivor"

Some of the best ones I saw at the party was "Daddies little Sl*t" and "Thank you for coming". Not exactly something you want your kids to see. One guy dropped his pants and just had boat propellers tattooed on his butt cheeks. That one was funny.

Do you have or have you seen some funny or sexy tattoos or tramp stamps you can share ?

Funny how loose people get when showing their body art.
Did you tell the girl that it should read "Daddy's" not "Daddies - - " possessive, not plural.

But then again, you never know, she might be referring to several "Daddies..."

Unread 01-02-2010, 09:44 PM

9,926 posts, read 8,094,680 times
Quote:
There are a couple of people that I deal with who, no matter how friendly, calm, steady-going I am, they are very passive-aggressive (for lack of a better term) with me. No paranoia here; my SO agrees (unless we're both paranoid ). You just can't please some people, and it's usually because of their own things they've got going on. That's pretty much how I decide if I want to chum up to someone, how they treat others.

I think people do what they know. So much of how we behave and interact with others is learned behaviour. I guess it just never occurs to some people that they need to relearn. Or that things can be different but if you want change you're the one who has to change. (I found that REALLY hard to come to terms with at first.) How people treat others AND themselves is a HUGE decider for me. Tattoos, how a person dresses, how they look, that kind of thing not so much.

Unread 01-02-2010, 09:50 PM

16,911 posts, read 14,060,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfhtex View Post
Did you tell the girl that it should read "Daddy's" not "Daddies - - " possessive, not plural.

But then again, you never know, she might be referring to several "Daddies..."
It was New Years Eve and my eyes may have been out of focus so not sure how she spelled it. I think I was more interested in the canvas it was on then the actual artwork.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships