U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-02-2010, 10:54 PM

50,309 posts, read 47,680,035 times

Advertisements

i got some great scars but they were put there free of charge. dont laugh much when i look at them and those that see them dont either.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2010, 10:56 PM

8,850 posts, read 4,172,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
I think people do what they know. So much of how we behave and interact with others is learned behaviour. I guess it just never occurs to some people that they need to relearn. Or that things can be different but if you want change you're the one who has to change. (I found that REALLY hard to come to terms with at first.) How people treat others AND themselves is a HUGE decider for me. Tattoos, how a person dresses, how they look, that kind of thing not so much.
I can't agree with you more. People only act on a level with their "awareness." I look back on my younger days and can't believe the way I acted, the things I thought - or, more importantly, DIDN'T think - and, frankly, I'm quite amazed. I also remember how some older, more experienced people treated me. Like they understood I was coming from a place of, let's say politely, naivete.

Old 01-02-2010, 11:15 PM

2,756 posts, read 3,308,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
It might be cute, but it gives away age! You may not like it when you're no longer a "boy"!
Yeah, it does give away my age, true. But hell, I figure my salt-and-pepper hair does that anyway. In fact, it has spawned a nickname for me from some of our younger trainers: "Frosty." Bastards. LOL.
Ah well, I just tell 'em "Yeah, and I've earned every one of those white hairs."

Old 01-02-2010, 11:22 PM

21,295 posts, read 19,384,638 times
Nice misplaced apostrophe!

(Sorry, the picture that Mr. Cat posted had a mistake in it. I thought it would post the pic when I quoted it.)

Old 01-02-2010, 11:31 PM

9,924 posts, read 8,926,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
I can't agree with you more. People only act on a level with their "awareness." I look back on my younger days and can't believe the way I acted, the things I thought - or, more importantly, DIDN'T think - and, frankly, I'm quite amazed. I also remember how some older, more experienced people treated me. Like they understood I was coming from a place of, let's say politely, naivete.
I hear ya!

I have to remind myself some days when I'm busy sitting on the fence undecided or non committal about some things that when I was younger things seemed so much more black and white and I was more vocal about how I felt about particular things but the older I get the more I know that I know nothing so I've learned to sit on the fence and watch the scene around me unfold before I decide what I think. AND it doesn't have to be all one way or the other anymore. It's ok to hang out in the grey area.

Goodness knows what the older, more experienced folk around me really thought when I rocked up sporting my first piercing, followed closely by my first tattoo in my early 30s. But they smiled politely and asked me why and then promptly forgot all about them because it didn't really change me in any significant way in terms of my interactions with people. Most of the time if I have shoes on people forget anyway I think.

Old 01-02-2010, 11:45 PM

8,850 posts, read 4,172,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
I hear ya!

I have to remind myself some days when I'm busy sitting on the fence undecided or non committal about some things that when I was younger things seemed so much more black and white and I was more vocal about how I felt about particular things but the older I get the more I know that I know nothing so I've learned to sit on the fence and watch the scene around me unfold before I decide what I think. AND it doesn't have to be all one way or the other anymore. It's ok to hang out in the grey area.

Goodness knows what the older, more experienced folk around me really thought when I rocked up sporting my first piercing, followed closely by my first tattoo in my early 30s. But they smiled politely and asked me why and then promptly forgot all about them because it didn't really change me in any significant way in terms of my interactions with people. Most of the time if I have shoes on people forget anyway I think.
Yes, what you said.

Old 01-03-2010, 09:44 AM

1,295 posts, read 1,489,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
My BIL's girlfriend has his full name as her "tramp stamp". They broke up last month and I was wondering how was she going to deal with that??
I once knew a lady who had her then boyfriend's name "BUCK" tattooed on her lower back with nice, huge almost calligraphy type letters with an elaborate surrounding design.

They broke up. We recommended that she change the "BUCK" to "F**K". But she didn't.

Old 01-03-2010, 09:52 AM

302 posts, read 517,768 times
The "best" tramp stamp I saw was on a guy.

It said TRAMP STAMP on his lower back.

So hot*

* hot meaning what a tool! keep that loser away from me!

Old 01-03-2010, 01:09 PM

1,557 posts, read 2,082,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Men are just different then women, when we see an attractive women in a store we usually have them undressed doing us in the ice cream isle in just a few minutes.

It's harmless and most of us know it's never going to happen but it's nice to day dream. We snap back to reality pretty fast.

Then there are those 1% who do stalk. They ruin it for the rest of us perverts. As I mentioned earlier, think goodness you ladies can't read our minds. You have been undressed many times and just don't know it.
...well I have been known to have a religious experience in the frozen food section on occasion

Old 01-03-2010, 06:45 PM

10,882 posts, read 11,565,139 times
I've got three tatoos..One on lower back above crack thats a Tarurus bull sign (I am 100% this), on front bikini line area is a heart with a teardrop (for love of my life many years ago) and not too long ago after breaking up with ex, I had "strong woman" in Chinese letters tatooed on base of my neck. All three are able to be hidden as I didn't want them showing for when I work professional jobs. They all have personal meaning and not just random crap..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships