Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2010, 10:17 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,547,001 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorrans View Post
I think she is sexy, but I wouldn't describe her incredibly smoking hot. She's not that hot.
Well, I think she's a 10. Perfect face and body.

Is her body what you consider thick?

The guys in this video aren't bad either. (besides Lil Wayne. LOL)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNvbS0XUZWU

37,593 posts, read 45,950,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creativeguy504 View Post
I’ve noticed that a lot of overweight women, call straight men who aren’t attracted to them, “shallow, superficial jerks”. The attitude and sense of entitlement of these women, as it pertains to straight men, is something I don't understand.

I’m gay. Obviously, I’m not attracted to women. No-one in their right mind would call a gay man “shallow” for rejecting a women whom he’s not attracted to. Yet, it’s perfectly acceptable to call a straight man, a “shallow, superficial jerk”, for rejecting a woman whom he’s not attracted to. For the life of me, I don’t understand this attitude at all.

Can someone please explain this double standard? Everyone has a preference. What's so wrong with a guy having a preference for a slimmer woman? As long as the person is nice and respectful about it, why not just wish them the best, and move on?
Where have you been? I think many many people here are in complete agreement with this and have no issues at all with it. It's been the topic of many posts, time and time again. You are very, very late to this party.

12,200 posts, read 18,369,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySoul22 View Post
Yet another fat chick thread.
Why would a GAY MAN care?
LOL that was the same thing I thought when I read the OP I've never been slim and I've never had a lack of male suitors...I've never had low self-esteem either so that may have had something to do with it.

Old 01-04-2010, 10:29 AM

1,125 posts, read 2,191,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
Well, I think she's a 10. Perfect face and body.

Is her body what you consider thick?

The guys in this video aren't bad either. (besides Lil Wayne. LOL)

Keri Hilson - Turnin Me On ft. Lil Wayne - YouTube
I consider her slim, slender and nice. She's far from what the masses would consider "thick". She does have a very nice body though. But she's certainly not a 10 IMO. She has nice sexy legs, and I can't deny her sexiness.

Moderator cut: image removed

Last edited by Yac; 01-09-2014 at 04:27 AM..

Old 01-04-2010, 10:30 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creativeguy504 View Post
I’ve noticed that a lot of overweight women, call straight men who aren’t attracted to them, “shallow, superficial jerks”. The attitude and sense of entitlement of these women, as it pertains to straight men, is something I don't understand.

I’m gay. Obviously, I’m not attracted to women. No-one in their right mind would call a gay man “shallow” for rejecting a women whom he’s not attracted to. Yet, it’s perfectly acceptable to call a straight man, a “shallow, superficial jerk”, for rejecting a woman whom he’s not attracted to. For the life of me, I don’t understand this attitude at all.

Can someone please explain this double standard? Everyone has a preference. What's so wrong with a guy having a preference for a slimmer woman? As long as the person is nice and respectful about it, why not just wish them the best, and move on?

I will take that a little further.....what is really hypocritical is when these women want to be taken for the beautiful women they are, despite their weight, and then turn around and say they don't want anything to do with overweight men. That's the double standard I find appalling.

Old 01-04-2010, 10:37 AM

1,125 posts, read 2,191,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
I will take that a little further.....what is really hypocritical is when these women want to be taken for the beautiful women they are, despite their weight, and then turn around and say they don't want anything to do with overweight men. That's the double standard I find appalling.
I think overweight women and overweight men should be together

I'm joking lol

Old 01-04-2010, 10:45 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorrans View Post
I think overweight women and overweight men should be together
Nothing wrong with that. My wife and I are really big ex-elite athletes who have turned into an old, fat bickering married couple who are trying to get our kids athletic scholarships to top colleges so we don't have to pay for them.

But I don't think overweight men and women should just be with each other. I looked at women of all sizes and shapes when I was searching (though I did prefer a certain type of large or thick woman). I think weight and attractiveness are not correlated (though fitness and attractiveness is) and that people should not discount others just because they might appear a certain way or displace/occupy a certain amount of space.

Old 01-04-2010, 10:49 AM

20,707 posts, read 19,349,208 times
Quote:

Hi Lucario,

Why? Who cares if people have this standard? They will do what they can do. They will not always be able to apply it. Its just simple dating economics. An overweight young women with a good attitude and a pretty face will find dates easily . They are not the bottom of the barrel. Its usually the weak personality, male underclass and older women who are cut out of the dating pool. Certainly a heavy women will be less likely not to take some hit in some commonly desirable feature in men. She will be less likely to get the funniest, wittiest or the man with the best career and looks. However they will find men. Any woman especially under 40 can find a man.

The problem is when it other things accumulate like a bad attitude, baggage and age which also can shift that weight. Hormones in young women allow them to carry that weight differently. That is why thinner women who glide towards middle weight women, are often still in the picture in their 40s and 50s.

So its just like men. Women do what they can do.

Old 01-04-2010, 10:51 AM

2,013 posts, read 3,546,430 times
Overweight men are not attractive either.

Old 01-04-2010, 10:55 AM

37,593 posts, read 45,950,883 times
Quote:
But I don't think overweight men and women should just be with each other. I looked at women of all sizes and shapes when I was searching (though I did prefer a certain type of large or thick woman). I think weight and attractiveness are not correlated (though fitness and attractiveness is) and that people should not discount others just because they might appear a certain way or displace/occupy a certain amount of space.
And that is fine. For YOU. But everyone does not have the same taste and preferences as YOU do. We all are individuals with unique tastes. Why people feel that they should deem what attracts others, is beyond me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships