Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2010, 07:39 PM

2,320 posts, read 2,556,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzjamiedawn View Post
Ok, I have a question, because what I've read so far is women are like me and do not have a "woe is me" attitude... how many overweight women in here feel sorry for themselves, and have pity parties and think men who aren't attracted to us are shallow jerks?

I would not be one of them. I'm thinking there aren't going to be many.
And I'm thinking you're going to be correct. That's what we've kept asking: where are these pitiful creatures? LOL

Old 01-04-2010, 07:40 PM

2,320 posts, read 2,556,955 times
And note: interestingly, this thread was started by a guy who professed he is gay ... we never could figure out why he was so excitable and interested in this issue anyway...

Old 01-04-2010, 07:46 PM

9,912 posts, read 13,896,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
100% of the blame SHOULD be on the individual. Trying to say its "society" is just a cop out. Its too easy for people to say things like "Oh Im fat because I can only afford McDonalds" or "I blame society because Im fat". That is ridiculous. What ever happened to taking control of your own life and being responsible for your own actions? Does it not apply to people who are overweight? Your "blame it on society" argument is totally ridiculous.

If anyone has the "woe is me attitude" they should get up and get out and do something about it. Dont try to point the finger or lay the blame on anyone or anything other than the person in the mirror.

You inability to understand such a complex issue is absolutely staggering. One can only hope that there aren't too many people with weight problems coming to you for help.

ANYONE working in the health industry that is still caught up in appropriating blame is clearly in the wrong industry for them and is contributing to the problem and not assisting in anyway that I can see.

Really, your ignorance is mind boggling.

Old 01-04-2010, 07:49 PM

1,549 posts, read 2,582,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
You inability to understand such a complex issue is absolutely staggering. One can only hope that there aren't too many people with weight problems coming to you for help.

ANYONE working in the health industry that is still caught up in appropriating blame is clearly in the wrong industry for them and is contributing to the problem and not assisting in anyway that I can see.

Don't listen to him. He has called me fat more than once on this board and he assumes every woman on here is some kind of fat, lazy loser. Oddly enough, his s/o isn't exacly miss skinny herself. He's described her here before.

Old 01-04-2010, 07:53 PM

1,113 posts, read 3,493,493 times
Quote:
Ok, I have a question, because what I've read so far is women are like me and do not have a "woe is me" attitude... how many overweight women in here feel sorry for themselves, and have pity parties and think men who aren't attracted to us are shallow jerks?

I would not be one of them. I'm thinking there aren't going to be many.
I'm not one, either. As I said I've never had a problem attracting men.

Old 01-04-2010, 07:54 PM

90 posts, read 70,964 times
Quote:

...and it is a complex issue, let's not forget that. Blaming individuals is not helpful at all, nor is it necessary. As a society, we need to change the way we live. We need to educate people better, make our cities and towns less car-centric (because not everyone wants to join a gym to get fit), crack down on the food industry and the horrible additives they put in our foods and tax the hell out of fast food establishments, so that they are no longer the "cheapest option".

They say that you can lead a horse to water, but that you can't make it drink....the problem is that as a society, we don't even attempt to lead the horse to the water, rather let it figure it out on its own, or die of thirst.

Old 01-04-2010, 07:57 PM

2,529 posts, read 4,349,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersgrl1969 View Post
I'm not one, either. As I said I've never had a problem attracting men.
You're a gorgeous woman!

Old 01-04-2010, 07:58 PM

90 posts, read 70,964 times
Quote:
You're a gorgeous woman!
Having just clicked on her profile, I 100% second that

Stunning.

Old 01-04-2010, 07:58 PM

1,549 posts, read 2,582,272 times
Quote:
You're a gorgeous woman!
This forum is notorious for saying that women who aren't skinny can't find men, etc. It just doesn't match reality at all!

Old 01-04-2010, 08:02 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,394,284 times
Quote:

That's what baffles me. It's so simple in his mind. As I've stated in other posts, I think he was kicked in the head one too many times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.