Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2010, 09:13 PM

1,659 posts, read 2,775,709 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorrans View Post
Who ate all the pies?
Who ate all the pies?
You fat bastard,
You fat bastard
You ate all the pies!

When I arrived back from a long stay in the Middle East and had clearly put on a lot of weight, all my mates sung that song at me. It was all in good jest, and I don't know why people get offended of fat threads/fat jokes/fat everything.

I was fat/chubby once upon time, I am in good shape now, and I never once got offended or felt insulted by anything anyone ever said - nevermind some threads on a message board.
It's probably a thing because everyone isn't good at curbing their weight. For them overweight is like and albatross. I make jokes about myself the year I had 'big girl' clothes because one year I got 30 pounds heavier from nesting waaaayy too much! I dropped it the next but imagine being stuck with that tire. Pretty depressing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsRiss7383 View Post
A black guy with a English accent?! You should come to America. Women will throw themselves at you.
I know that's right! That's beyond sexy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2010, 09:20 PM

4,053 posts, read 8,251,417 times
Well some of the threads are pretty depressing. It sounds like a lot of men won't give a lot of women even a sliver of a chance at knowing them because they have an unrealistic idea of what a woman should be--they've pared it down to a woman's weight. Everyone loses with that attitude.

Old 01-02-2010, 09:21 PM

1,549 posts, read 2,582,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by photobuff42 View Post
Well some of the threads are pretty depressing. It sounds like a lot of men won't give a lot of women even a sliver of a chance at knowing them because they have an unrealistic idea of what a woman should be--they've pared it down to a woman's weight. Everyone loses with that attitude.
To be honest, that attitude just doesn't match up with what I've seen in real life. I know tons of heavy girls who meet guys who are interested all the time. I don't know how to feel about these threads...

Old 01-02-2010, 09:23 PM

4,053 posts, read 8,251,417 times
Yay! Real life is always better than the virtual one....

Old 01-02-2010, 09:28 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsRiss7383 View Post
To be honest, that attitude just doesn't match up with what I've seen in real life. I know tons of heavy girls who meet guys who are interested all the time. I don't know how to feel about these threads...
Well, it means that those of us who are less picky enjoy their partners offline while those of us who are pickier enjoy our virtual lives.

Old 01-02-2010, 10:10 PM

20,706 posts, read 19,349,208 times
Why should this be a problem? There are more people overweight by BMI standards especially than ever before. If "thinner" people are a minority, they may be ignored as irrelevant. If weight does not matter then there should be plenty of people to go around in your class so to speak.

The answer?

I believe the answer may be that men who are on the heavy side do not see that kind of justice and do chase after the thinner variety a bit more. I say this because I think women are more tolerant of weight than men are. So the rub is in this imbalance. If it were not the case then there would be no shortage of anyone in particular.

Old 01-02-2010, 10:11 PM

1,549 posts, read 2,582,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Why should this be a problem? There are more people overweight by BMI standards especially than ever before. If "thinner" people are a minority, they may be ignored as irrelevant. If weight does not matter then there should be plenty of people to go around in your class so to speak.

The answer?

I believe the answer may be that men who are on the heavy side do not see that kind of justice and do chase after the thinner variety a bit more. I say this because I think women are more tolerant of weight than men are. So the rub is in this imbalance. If it were not the case then there would be no shortage of anyone in particular.
Wow Gwyne you are on a roll, I agree!

Old 01-02-2010, 10:31 PM

522 posts, read 1,405,099 times
Getting sick of it too and I haven't even been here that long.

Old 01-02-2010, 10:52 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,926,044 times
Fat chicks need love to; it just costs them more.

Old 01-02-2010, 10:55 PM

4,379 posts, read 5,381,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by photobuff42 View Post
Dating is an inherently selective business/activity.

There is nothing at all wrong in having standards.

Is there such a thing as a person without standards when dating?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships