Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2010, 02:39 PM

9,912 posts, read 13,900,220 times

Advertisements

mango, this thread ROCKS!!!

Thank you so much for posting it AND for all these awesome replies.

I feel strangely normal knowing I'm not the only sooky lala on the planet.

Oh *edit* except for Tropical's post. That was really sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2010, 09:28 PM

522 posts, read 1,405,427 times
Default Incoming rant...

Urgh!!! My bf is seriously started to p*ss me off.
I know he means well but him nagging me and breathing down my neck isn't making my stress level any better. It's my life, my problems, my business. I've already done everything he's suggested to me. In fact I TOLD him months before, at least a dozen times that I have. We're not married so I can deal with this on my own. I didn't ask for his help or advice. If I wanted it I would've asked.
I get enough of it from my parents and his, I don't need it from him too. I already have a father, I don't need another one! So back the hell up!

I've gone to the heads of each department to talk about my issues, so if they said no why the hell does he think he can change their mind?

Old 01-03-2010, 09:31 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,715,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertysFate View Post
I know he means well but him nagging me and breathing down my neck isn't making my stress level any better. It's my life, my problems, my business. I've already done everything he's suggested to me. In fact I TOLD him months before, at least a dozen times that I have. We're not married so I can deal with this on my own. I didn't ask for his help or advice. If I wanted it I would've asked.
I get enough of it from my parents and his, I don't need it from him too. I already have a father, I don't need another one! So back the hell up!

I've gone to the heads of each department to talk about my issues, so if they said no why the hell does he think he can change their mind?
If I were you I'd let him build my farm

Old 01-03-2010, 11:11 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,029,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertysFate View Post

I think some people assume they have a clear understanding of a situation when they really don't (because they're not the one going through it first hand). I feel your frustration! You know they may mean well, but it doesn't change the fact that you want them to ****.

Old 01-03-2010, 11:16 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,029,630 times
I am so confused at people on this forum who actually use reps as a vehicle to back up their defense. I just left a thread in which someone basically said, "Well I've received 39049504 reps from my posts so that MUST mean I'm right and you're WRONG! Ha! Take that!" I do wonder if people realize that anyone can give reps. . . there isn't a levelheadedness test people must pass first. So you could have some person who believes communism is the answer to all our prayers handing out reps like candy. Sometimes I feel like we're back in the sandbox days and some kid is bragging about how his shovel is bigger.

On the death topic. . . I am scared to death (pun intended) about death. Whenever I hear news about someone dying, whether it be on the television or someone I know, I always wonder what his/her last thought was. I wonder if they knew they were going to die that day. If they were content with how their life was when they died. I hope that doesn't make me weird!

Old 01-03-2010, 11:25 PM

1,823 posts, read 1,881,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
One guy said it helps him appreciate the simplicity of life with farming

There is even a vacation exercise in China and India, I think..... it's a fun trip for folks from the corp world where you can go to the Chinese or Indian farms/paddy fields and be a farmer for a weekend. I'll see if I can find the links.

It's like a break from the corporate world. And the whole experience is VERY expensive. It's like booking a resort or something. Some of it is company sponsored. In my ex-ex-job in 2006, I was given one of those for the yearly appraisal perks
Dude if u're really planning a trip to india make sure u inform me .. im planning to go this february .. my native is in the north eastern state of India ..where there are paddy fields and its a beautiful hilly region ..close to the Himalayas .. if u're really ''IN'' for some adventure ..we would go as far as Ladakh and Tibet ..probably go to meet the Dalai Lama ..what say buddy ! and all this would cost u nothing compared to a package deal..everythings on me ..except your flight tickets and visa ..im planning to hire a Royal Enfield bike its a British Harley kinda .. we'll join the Enfield club they go cross country every year .. man i cant wait ..join in for some fun buddy !!

----the above mentioned plan is subject to change without Notice---

Old 01-03-2010, 11:31 PM

522 posts, read 1,405,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
I am so confused at people on this forum who actually use reps as a vehicle to back up their defense. I just left a thread in which someone basically said, "Well I've received 39049504 reps from my posts so that MUST mean I'm right and you're WRONG! Ha! Take that!" I do wonder if people realize that anyone can give reps. . . there isn't a levelheadedness test people must pass first. So you could have some person who believes communism is the answer to all our prayers handing out reps like candy. Sometimes I feel like we're back in the sandbox days and some kid is bragging about how his shovel is bigger.

On the death topic. . . I am scared to death (pun intended) about death. Whenever I hear news about someone dying, whether it be on the television or someone I know, I always wonder what his/her last thought was. I wonder if they knew they were going to die that day. If they were content with how their life was when they died. I hope that doesn't make me weird!
LOL I can't believe people actually think the number of reps they have mean anything other then that someone likes what they said. Liking, doesn't mean "fact".

As for the death thing. I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid of how I'll die (like horribly, painfully and slowly), and getting old. But I'm young so I'm hoping I'll just grow out of being afraid of getting old.

Old 01-03-2010, 11:40 PM

1,581 posts, read 3,298,263 times
Default Fried Brain

I just spent a very long, intense weekend with a close friend. I felt I could be very honest but at the same time I'm not sure that I know what to make of the whole thing. We shared a lot. Everything from our past, to relationships, to our view of the world. I think I was expecting to come away from it with some resolution. Like "Aha! That is what I've been doing wrong all this time!" But now I seem more confused. I think that is what emotions do to me - confuse the hell out of me. They seem so real, but then they can also be deceiving at times.

Old 01-03-2010, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post

when i see or hear someone dying .. i think of myself ..what would be the thought in my mind ..what will be my last words ..how will i die and when ..it doesnt make me paranoid ..but makes me aware of the reality ..its like my imaginary friend saying wake up kid ! .. u still have time to mend your ways ..make a right choice now or regret forever ..cuz once u're gone u're gone ..and nobody would know where u're gone or where they're going .. eerie but thats a fact !

Old 01-03-2010, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
mango, this thread ROCKS!!!

Thank you so much for posting it AND for all these awesome replies.

I feel strangely normal knowing I'm not the only sooky lala on the planet.

Oh *edit* except for Tropical's post. That was really sad.
lmao @ Sooky lala lolz .. .. ..*huggles & snuggles* ..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships