U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Merry Christmas!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-04-2010, 02:01 PM

440 posts, read 592,427 times

Advertisements

What would you do if you won the lottery? Lets just say for fun that you won $250,000,000.00. And lets say for fun that you have access to this money, so its not as if it could be taken away at all.

I dont play the lottery haha so this would never happen, but on the slim chance that I did and actually won I think I would...

Try to keep it a secret for as long as possible. Which I'd probably be far to excited to actually no tell anyone. haha. I would go to work and say whats been on my mind to everyone who deserves it, I would continue this until I got fired haha. Most people would just quit right away, but I would like to have some fun with it, I mean after all you gave x amount of years to a company you deserve it! haha!

Then I would go on a vacation for like 3 weeks, somewhere tropical and do crazy things like swim in a cage while feeding sharks and I'd try out hang-gliding and whatever other fun stuff I could find to do.

I'd then come back home, start looking for a house to buy where I'd be happy living for most of my life. I'd buy 2 cars, something sporty and something rugged.

Lastly I'd start a couple businesses. I've always got great ideas, just not any money to back my brilliant ideas up. So I'd make it all happen!

Of course I would invest loads of it, but I'd have a good amount of fun too!

SOOOOO...what would you do?!?!
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2010, 02:05 PM

24,017 posts, read 20,664,039 times
Take over the world.

Old 01-04-2010, 02:14 PM

1,412 posts, read 1,583,637 times
Travel, travel, and travel.

Old 01-04-2010, 02:15 PM
Ep-

2,015 posts, read 2,323,672 times
buy a white suit with a white top hat and be super awesome

Old 01-04-2010, 02:18 PM

2,179 posts, read 1,829,804 times
250 million? I'd give half away, but not to a charity. I'd find people in need by myself, families poor to middle class (not much difference these days) American or not, Skid Row bums, homes for the homeless, families or not. Relatives and friends that are in need, and then with the rest I'd buy myself an island in the Caribbean or in the South Pacific, make sure I had enough to keep me in wine and coconuts for life.

Old 01-04-2010, 02:25 PM

302 posts, read 363,221 times
Let's see.....

1) I would purchase a house for my brother & invest in his little business he started, so that he'd be able to expand.
2) Make sure my step mom was well taken care of...she'd be able to quit her job & live a comfortable life.
3) I'd set my favorite cousin up with a NEW life...anywhere she wanted to go.
4) I'd set up a ranch OR farm somewhere warmer
5) I'd adopt as many animals as possible to live on my farm, hire help to help me care for the animals.
6) Give to charities...visit 3rd world countries and address their financial needs
7) I'd make other business investments, purchase a coffee company, etc
8) Travel the world
9) Purchase a sporty convertible
10) Fly 1st Class more often

And finally....become a politician because the big conglomerates wouldn't be able to "buy" me so I could truly be "for the people".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ablees8951 View Post
What would you do if you won the lottery? Lets just say for fun that you won $250,000,000.00. And lets say for fun that you have access to this money, so its not as if it could be taken away at all.

I dont play the lottery haha so this would never happen, but on the slim chance that I did and actually won I think I would...

Try to keep it a secret for as long as possible. Which I'd probably be far to excited to actually no tell anyone. haha. I would go to work and say whats been on my mind to everyone who deserves it, I would continue this until I got fired haha. Most people would just quit right away, but I would like to have some fun with it, I mean after all you gave x amount of years to a company you deserve it! haha!

Then I would go on a vacation for like 3 weeks, somewhere tropical and do crazy things like swim in a cage while feeding sharks and I'd try out hang-gliding and whatever other fun stuff I could find to do.

I'd then come back home, start looking for a house to buy where I'd be happy living for most of my life. I'd buy 2 cars, something sporty and something rugged.

Lastly I'd start a couple businesses. I've always got great ideas, just not any money to back my brilliant ideas up. So I'd make it all happen!

Of course I would invest loads of it, but I'd have a good amount of fun too!

SOOOOO...what would you do?!?!

Old 01-04-2010, 02:27 PM

21,316 posts, read 19,467,394 times
Become governor of Illinois. I heard you can pay to do that.

Old 01-04-2010, 02:47 PM

8,506 posts, read 14,440,017 times
What an awesome fantasy. I have a few friends and relatives I would help. After that, I would put enough away to see me through my life comfortably. I'd like to be able to travel and buy a car every 7 years or so. I need some dental work and a hernia fix too. I would give myself great medical coverage. I don't need to live large. Medium is just fine with me.

When those things were taken care of, I would have a ball giving away the biggest chunk of the money. NOT to charities. To people who need help. Individuals, not corporations.

Old 01-04-2010, 02:53 PM

1,982 posts, read 2,632,756 times
I think about this often.

Pay off all bills
Build my dream home on my dream property
Buy a few cars (SRT challenger, '57 caddy, '40s mercury lead sled)
Drop to working part time (wouldn't quit completely because I actually like my job)
Travel a lot in between semesters

As for helping others...
Pay off my mom's bills and give her an allowance (she's a widow on a fixed income)
Invest in my brother's business (wouldn't just give him money because he wastes it on girls - LOL)
Invest in a business for my sister-in-law (just to see if she can earn her own money for once)
Start my own private K-12 school free of all government interference (and give college scholarships to underrepresented people who show potential to succeed)

Old 01-04-2010, 03:00 PM

3,284 posts, read 1,155,028 times
I'd buy some small crappy ass island and claim the territory my own sovereign nation. I would then populate my lawless island nation with a 1-5 male to female ratio and well... you can fill in the rest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships