Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 03:31 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,305,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
When I say "fat pictures," I mean as opposed to a more flattering picture. I find the site to be pretty silly in general. I don't think I would ever even attempt to meet a guy from there. I'm a little wary about guys who see themselves as beautiful.
A fattering picture instead of a flattering picture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2010, 03:33 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,394,406 times
Reminds me of the Bond movie where "beautiful" people are being transported to the space station before they poison the Earth. Jaws decides that his petite blonde "nerd" girl is his love and revolts.

Wasn't that Moonraker?

Old 01-04-2010, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
"Letting fatties roam the site is a direct threat to our business model and the very concept for which BeautifulPeople.com was founded."

WW
I just had a visual of naked chubby and fat people scampering around on all fours in a big field full of grass, grazing and mooing and roaming all over the "site." Thanks, Antlered!

Sings, "at home where the buffalo ROAM .... la la la ...."

Old 01-04-2010, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Reminds me of the Bond movie where "beautiful" people are being transported to the space station before they poison the Earth. Jaws decides that his petite blonde "nerd" girl is his love and revolts.

Wasn't that Moonraker?
I say we should all do a "Soylent Green" on the "beautiful people."

Old 01-04-2010, 03:36 PM

20,724 posts, read 19,363,240 times
I thought it was peer based? If so that would account for eye of the beholder.

I have my own peer based club of whiskey drinking, chain smoking, hacking cough, yellow toothed, foul mouthed and petulant jerks. There is an open invitation to those who quality, but to be honest, none of you quite cut it. My apologies for any rejections.

Old 01-04-2010, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
I thought it was peer based? If so that would account for eye of the beholder.

I have my own peer based club of whiskey drinking, chain smoking, hacking cough, yellow toothed, foul mouthed and petulant jerks. There is an open invitation to those who quality, but to be honest, none of you quite cut it. My apologies for any rejections.
That's okay! I wouldn't want to be a member of a club that would actually accept me anyway!

Old 01-04-2010, 03:56 PM

3,284 posts, read 3,525,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Came across this, thought I'd post it to stir the pot. What cha think?

BBC News - BeautifulPeople.com axes holiday weight gain members
I'm sorry but that is just hilarious!

"fatties roaming the site" lmao.

Old 01-04-2010, 04:33 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,720,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
Hmm, but you appear to be quite handsome in your profile picture? That is, unless you're hiding a third eye underneath those scribbles.
Oooohhh, no, I've been misunderstood I can't tell if I'm good looking or not.

But, in definitive English grammar usage, "beautiful" collocates only with girls, women and babies.

It should not be used with men or people. That would be an insult to Tyndale, Wren and Martin Noone's gonna call a woman handsome.

Old 01-04-2010, 04:40 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,005,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Oooohhh, no, I've been misunderstood I can't tell if I'm good looking or not.

But, in definitive English grammar usage, "beautiful" collocates only with girls, women and babies.

It should not be used with men or people. That would be an insult to Tyndale, Wren and Martin Noone's gonna call a woman handsome.
Actually, there are many women who have been called handsome. Patsy Cline, Angelica Houston, Kathleen Turner (not current, obviously), to name a few.

Old 01-04-2010, 04:44 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,720,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
Actually, there are many women who have been called handsome. Patsy Cline, Angelica Houston, Kathleen Turner (not current, obviously), to name a few.
I figured people may have.

But unfortunately, it's incorrect usage

It's like saying uncorrect for incorrect. Many will even argue why not
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships