U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 01-05-2010, 12:12 PM
 
3,284 posts, read 1,145,677 times
Reputation: 1832

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
That won't be a problem. DM directions. Kthanks.


Crazy woman
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-05-2010, 12:12 PM
 
Location: Orlando, FL
12,157 posts, read 10,803,969 times
Reputation: 6375
I suddenly have the desire to listen to the song Sex Weed by R Kelly
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2010, 12:12 PM
 
Location: Southern NC
1,915 posts, read 2,863,038 times
Reputation: 2376
Quote:
Originally Posted by faabala View Post
There are a lot of women in prison who though they could put up with thier significant other's illegal drug use. Till the SWAT team breaks in the door or the patrol car pulls them over.

Sounds stupid to me to even risk it. Why burden your life with losers?

You're talking about a whole 'nother scenerio.....OP is talking about a casual user...NOT a high level dealer...small quantities are a misdemeanor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2010, 12:15 PM
 
3,284 posts, read 1,145,677 times
Reputation: 1832
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
I suddenly have the desire to listen to the song Sex Weed by R Kelly
Just don't be letting anyone pee on your head.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2010, 12:26 PM
 
2,486 posts, read 6,126,200 times
Reputation: 1844
Quote:
Originally Posted by faabala View Post
There are a lot of women in prison who though they could put up with thier significant other's illegal drug use. Till the SWAT team breaks in the door or the patrol car pulls them over.

Sounds stupid to me to even risk it. Why burden your life with losers?
And a lot of completely substance-free people are in jail because they hacked someone's face off. Your point? This is the most twisted red herring logic I've ever heard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2010, 12:55 PM
 
Location: North Carolina
1,077 posts, read 1,918,094 times
Reputation: 845
I swear I have made the fastest growing thread on City-data I do believe. Wow.

Do I get an award? .

The fact is alcohol is more dangerous and addictive than marijuana. So to the people who claim you're not "Grown up" because you smoke to get pleasure, please stop being an ignorant person and read the facts on the plant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2010, 01:16 PM
 
Location: Iowa, Heartland of Murica
3,195 posts, read 3,316,381 times
Reputation: 3062
Anybody who says that marijuana is a harmless drug is just ignorant. A joint has about 3 to 5 times more tar than a cigarette.

I know a woman who has been using marijuana regularly for the last 20 years and she suffers from terrible migraines(Hmm, I wonder why!)

The damage it does to the brain is also undeniable. Listen to any pothead speak and it is depressing, Tommy Chong is a good example. Ozzy Osbourne is another example but I think his brain damage is more related to heroin use.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2010, 01:32 PM
 
2,486 posts, read 6,126,200 times
Reputation: 1844
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Anybody who says that marijuana is a harmless drug is just ignorant. A joint has about 3 to 5 times more tar than a cigarette.

I beseech you to find the factual evidence to this claim. I have read many, many studies on MJ and have found no deaths from MJ use, no cancer cases, and NO studies where MJ was found to be more harmful than tobacco.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2010, 01:33 PM
 
6,764 posts, read 13,986,559 times
Reputation: 4476
My ex-neighbor was a sports team captain, a guy who had friends around him, a girlfriend. A somewhat typical 17 year old.

Something happened to this guy last January. He stopped attending school regularly. I thought it odd. His buddy (a guy he shared musical interests with) stopped coming around.

Who did come around? A bunch of pot heads. The kid began smoking all the time. He was 17 and walked around liked a slump shouldered loser by the time they moved out.

How he graduated was beyond me. The only 'relationships' he had were with his pot buddies until the cops came around and they 'fled' good pals that they were.

He and mom (also a suspected stoner) high tailed back to another state where I am sure they are growing their own and smoking it every day.

There are better things to do than associate with drug users. If you want to use them, that is your choice but do not think any drug is 'perfect' or 'a lesser addiction.'

I do think some people use drugs sparingly and can escape 'addiction' but if you are hard wired to be 'an addict' to any substance, you will have problems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2010, 01:38 PM
 
Location: The Hall of Justice
21,297 posts, read 19,400,882 times
Reputation: 29960
Several people have mentioned the ills of smoking marijuana. Surely you know that there are other ways to use it. You can eat it, for one thing. You can also use a vaporizer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:03 PM.

© 2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top