U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 09:59 AM

25,085 posts, read 8,851,652 times

Advertisements

If I found out a guy I was dating smoked pot recreationally, I don't think it would blow my mind or freak me out in any way, but I would just say No- even though I think about smoking pot... It is a personal choice and a risk I am not willing to assume. However if it were legal I might rethink my position
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2010, 10:00 AM

1,077 posts, read 1,914,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ablees8951 View Post
I personally would not date someone who cant find something more productive to do rather then get high.
Just because a person smokes a little pot doesn't mean they don't have productive hobbies or participate in productive activities. Society tends to label all pot smokers as lazy no motivation people.

Old 01-05-2010, 10:01 AM

14,851 posts, read 18,012,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gman6974 View Post
Lets say you go out on a few dates with an attractive guy/girl and everything is connecting. The person has goals, has a decent job, responsible and considers hisself/herself pretty successful so far. But you find out one day this person smokes marijuana.

I'm not talking about a complete stoner. Just someone that likes to smoke on the weekends some and maybe a little during the week after work or school.

Opinions?
I find that it impairs sexual performance to the point that I would not be interested in dating someone who smokes pot. I have nothing personal against people who do and believe that it should be up to each person to make their own choices, but it's just not part of my lifestyle.

20yrsinBranson

Old 01-05-2010, 10:03 AM

16,623 posts, read 14,369,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbl-r View Post
I myself do not see anything loosely defined about the answers these folks have given.
If it is so clear to you, then define it. Put it into words.

I suspect you didn't understand the question. Must be all that reality TV.

Old 01-05-2010, 10:05 AM

1,077 posts, read 1,914,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmerkyGrl View Post
I'm sorry but ANYONE that I'm just newly seeing asking me to give up something I personally do to "spend the rest of my life" with them would just come off as incredibly vain, self-centered, and not to mention creepy.

Yea I was thinking the same thing.

Old 01-05-2010, 10:09 AM

10,464 posts, read 7,528,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber_factory View Post
LOTS of people have this idea - but I never really understood this.

Caffeine, acetaminophen, ibuprofen, birth control, alcohol, antibiotics - these are all drugs. Even the food we eat is loaded with various natural and synthetic drugs.

So obviously folks like yourself who claim they "Don't want drugs in my home" are talking about a particular, loosely defined type of drugs. I don't intuitively understand what makes a particular drug "good" or "bad" - Which leads me to ask - what type of drugs is it that so many people claim they don't want in their homes? Controlled substances? illegal substances? recreational substances? addictive substances?
I suspect people don't want illegal substances in their home because it opens them up to trouble.

Old 01-05-2010, 10:09 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,510 posts, read 12,043,685 times
I don't want to date anyone I know I'll probably have to bail out of jail sooner or later.

Old 01-05-2010, 10:10 AM

13,779 posts, read 17,028,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber_factory View Post
LOTS of people have this idea - but I never really understood this.

Caffeine, acetaminophen, ibuprofen, birth control, alcohol, antibiotics - these are all drugs. Even the food we eat is loaded with various natural and synthetic drugs.

So obviously folks like yourself who claim they "Don't want drugs in my home" are talking about a particular, loosely defined type of drugs. I don't intuitively understand what makes a particular drug "good" or "bad" - Which leads me to ask - what type of drugs is it that so many people claim they don't want in their homes? Controlled substances? illegal substances? recreational substances? addictive substances?
While these products may be labeled drugs or have addictive properties they are not considered illegal for recreational use as marijuana is.

What types of drugs is it that so many people do not want in their homes? Well, I would assume it is the type that is illegal or illegally obtained, could lead to their home and contents being confiscated (if high quantities found), result in jail time, etc...yeah, I can see why no one would want illegal drugs in their home.

Whether you agree with it or not there are just some drugs that are illegal and until the laws change this is our reality.

Old 01-05-2010, 10:13 AM

2,486 posts, read 6,119,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
While these products may be labeled drugs or have addictive properties they are not considered illegal for recreational use as marijuana is.

What types of drugs is it that so many people do not want in their homes? Well, I would assume it is the type that is illegal or illegally obtained, could lead to their home and contents being confiscated (if high quantities found), result in jail time, etc...yeah, I can see why no one would want illegal drugs in their home.

Whether you agree with it or not there are just some drugs that are illegal and until the laws change this is our reality.
So if I'm understanding you correctly, your objection to MJ is more from the legal side as opposed to the type of social stereotypes to pot smokers? In that case, that's perfectly fair.

With that said, what would your stance be should MJ be legalized (and taxed, like tobacco)?

Old 01-05-2010, 10:14 AM

27,237 posts, read 27,174,260 times
Unless it's legal, then I'm not interested in someone who takes drugs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships