U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-06-2010, 08:05 AM
 
Location: Saudi Arabia
1,823 posts, read 1,024,774 times
Reputation: 744
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
Are you fat?
No sir ..but thank you very much for your concern .. i appreciate it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-06-2010, 08:09 AM
 
Location: Saudi Arabia
1,823 posts, read 1,024,774 times
Reputation: 744
Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySoul22 View Post
Dave, is this all you can ask anyone?
well he seems to be pretty concerned about obesity in general .. nevermind thanks for raising your voice for my sake .. god bless
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2010, 08:28 AM
 
Location: Amarillo, Tx
622 posts, read 699,386 times
Reputation: 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
Where do you go out? My husband and I go out frequently (compared to many married people) and rarely see any fat women. I just went and stood outside my office building for 15 minutes and consciously looked to see any fat women walking by. I didn't see any. This is Manhattan also ... lots and lots of pedestrians going by!

Ok thats Manhattan. Why would you assume its the same everywhere else? Obesity is to an extent geographical. Go to Queens and tell me the same thing. Or Georgia. When I lived in Albuquerque it was a little better. More acitve outdoor lifestyle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2010, 08:39 AM
 
12,626 posts, read 8,119,297 times
Reputation: 4699
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm24x7 View Post
America is a gr8 country ! .. but United are those who reach out to others for a noble cause .. u dont have to be disgusted ..i believe America is just doing what it does best for the interests of others .. liberty is our birth right .. democracy is our virtue .. secularism is our charachter .. humanity is our religion .. so we all stand untied .. yet united
Hi Norm24x7,

Those are certainly the parts of the US I like for what is left of them. I suppose it beats Ireland's new ridiculous law on blasphemy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2010, 11:02 AM
 
Location: Greater LA area
3,829 posts, read 2,108,078 times
Reputation: 6196
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnoliaThunder View Post
Oh-Eve: Judging from your photo and your posts here, it seems apparent to me that you somehow resent fat women because you feel that you deserve more respect/attention/adulation than they do and you're not getting it - could that be right?
Sorry, I lost track - office time was over I do not really understand what my picture has to do with that. Yes, I do not understand why very attractive men like big women. And yes, I do not like big women because they are pretty often mean to me, attack me, stare at me, make fun of me, - just make me feel bad because I am slim and they are not. It doesn't help me knowing that they are jealous, it is just no fun wearing a nice dress/skirt when I get offended all the time. I started wearing long pants, long shirts, like the few other slim women here, sweating my ass off in the summer and finally - nobody talks about me anymore. But then I walk by the fat women, with hot pants, tank shirts, have to see their massive body hanging out everywhere and think - is that right? They can, but I can't just because I look good?? Why do they dominate the slim women? Recently I heard on the radio that somebody said, people should get over the fact that the average size on clothes is 14 and not 8, that would be unrealistic. WHAT??? Does that justify being fat? Doesn't that ring a bell? A few thousand people died on Swineflu (was it 6,000?) around the world since the outbreak - 5,700 people in the US die weekly as a result of obesity. So why being concerned about the swine flu? Get off the burgers if you are concerned about your health!
Can't wait to move away from Virginia and hope to move to an area, where I do not have to hide under tons of clothes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2010, 11:10 AM
 
6,764 posts, read 13,666,490 times
Reputation: 4467
oh-eve, why do you let these women intimidate you? They sound jealous to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2010, 11:12 AM
 
Location: Nassau, Long Island, NY
15,780 posts, read 16,431,710 times
Reputation: 6444
Quote:
Originally Posted by samston View Post
lol...

there are lots of touched nerves here. don't take life so seriously.
Samston, I am thinking that men are taking fat women too seriously and getting too angry and cruel about it!

It's their bodies, not yours, guys! If you are not attracted to fat women, then fine, that is the way you are and you are entitled to that preference.

But why do men make so many comments that degrade fat women as subhuman? It is rude and frankly, none of your business.

Many of the answers to the inquiry just spewed more hatred of another human being (fat women) for just being who they are ... fat. That I cannot accept. Again, another person's fat is not your business unless they are a loved one or part of your family. Then spew away and read them the riot act about their weight. (How come I sense many on here wouldn't DARE tell their wife to lose weight if she got fat but are very brave on the internet?)

Only a few of the answers to the inquiry actually had a REASON why fat women are affecting them negatively, such as "takes too much room in the aisles of the stores" or "takes up too much room and their fat spills over into another person's seat on a plane." That I can accept.

The oddest reason cited here was that fat caused women to "sneeze." That one I didn't get at all.

And others tried to shed some light on the mentality of men who persist in this rude and nasty habit. And I am not being too sensitive because we all know which are the rude, hateful and nasty comments. Just saying that fat can cause health problems is NOT one of them. Just saying that you are attracted to thin women, not fat women is NOT one of them. The haters know who they are, yet, interestingly enough, they are the ones on here who "protest too much."

Thanks to all!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2010, 11:18 AM
 
Location: Greater LA area
3,829 posts, read 2,108,078 times
Reputation: 6196
Gypsysoul - every now and then I question myself and my husband assures me that being slim is pretty and not the opposite. We are moving to CA in 4 weeks and I guess, I am the fat one there with size 8
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2010, 11:19 AM
 
Location: My Private Island
4,928 posts, read 4,487,409 times
Reputation: 12144
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Sorry, I lost track - office time was over I do not really understand what my picture has to do with that. Yes, I do not understand why very attractive men like big women. And yes, I do not like big women because they are pretty often mean to me, attack me, stare at me, make fun of me, - just make me feel bad because I am slim and they are not. It doesn't help me knowing that they are jealous, it is just no fun wearing a nice dress/skirt when I get offended all the time. I started wearing long pants, long shirts, like the few other slim women here, sweating my ass off in the summer and finally - nobody talks about me anymore. But then I walk by the fat women, with hot pants, tank shirts, have to see their massive body hanging out everywhere and think - is that right? They can, but I can't just because I look good?? Why do they dominate the slim women? Recently I heard on the radio that somebody said, people should get over the fact that the average size on clothes is 14 and not 8, that would be unrealistic. WHAT??? Does that justify being fat? Doesn't that ring a bell? A few thousand people died on Swineflu (was it 6,000?) around the world since the outbreak - 5,700 people in the US die weekly as a result of obesity. So why being concerned about the swine flu? Get off the burgers if you are concerned about your health!
Can't wait to move away from Virginia and hope to move to an area, where I do not have to hide under tons of clothes.
Why would you let anyone intimidate you to the point of altering your wardrobe? Who cares if they stare....take a picture if you want! If you spend your life catering to others to avoid stares and people talking, I don't see how you are going to have much of one my friend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2010, 11:22 AM
 
Location: Nassau, Long Island, NY
15,780 posts, read 16,431,710 times
Reputation: 6444
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi I_Love_LI_but,

So much to learn. Even married men benefit from competition anxiety as do women. If my competition is poor, I can slack off as well.

Of course not, you have the reverse algorithm. I tend to think there are too many men.


You also need to realize that this is regional. In some parts of the country it can be rather thin such as those that are warmer areas and have more seafood.


I tend to have my doubts but as we discussed before, it has to do with a valid self assessment. Also the higher the value, the more off the mean one is. Compatible mates actually diminish. Mr Universe needs to find Miss Universe and unless she is within 100 miles, they my not run into each other.
Perhaps the problem is there are too many men who falsely OVER-evaluate themselves on a self-assessment? Perhaps they think they rate the same play as Tiger Woods, for example (a wife who is a "10" and 12 girlfriends who are also "10's"). Then when the "10's" aren't lining up to date them, they take out their anger on other targets ... such as fat women.

Interesting you say there are "too many men." Don't the widely publicized statistics bear out that there are way more single, available, hetrosexual women than there are men and since there is a shortage of men, men are at a premium and too many women are doomed to be single because of this? Or is that just a scare tactic spread by the media so single women who hope to someday marry will be as desperate as possible?

Do you remember quite awhile back that there was a news story stating something like, "An unmarried woman over the age of 35 is more likely to be killed in a terrorist attack than to get married?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:05 PM.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top