Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 05:50 PM

4,483 posts, read 5,329,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
There have been many posts where male members trash overweight women JUST ON A GENERAL BASIS ... trashing perfect strangers who have nothing to do with their own lives at all.

Please explain:

-- How does the weight of women out there in general affect YOUR LIFE so negatively that you must trash them if they are overweight?

-- Why is the size of someone else's body, especially perfect strangers, so important to you that you must trash them if they are overweight?

-- How is the size of someone else's body, especially perfect strangers, your business to the point that you must trash them if they are overweight?

It is really ridiculous to me how far some of you are going. I personally do not focus on ridiculing the shortcomings of men I am not attracted to and making a big deal of it. For instance, if I were out in the dating world, I would just IGNORE (if they were ignoring me) or politely decline advances (if they expressed interest in me) from those I am not attracted to, not make it my mission to rake them over the coals for the characteristics I personally am not attracted to! So, men, please shed some light on this rude habit many of you seem to have! TIA!
Men are mean. After all, men are human beings, and humanity is downright rotten. We are capable of selfishness, brutality, and barbarity. Way too many of us find enjoyment and laughter in the despair and disgrace of others.

A lot of men who mock overweight women are most probably not fit themselves, so it may be that they're projecting their dissatisfaction with their own bodies on overweight women.

I for one think that a man who is lean and fit would KNOW how hard it is to lose all those extra pounds, and if he had once been hideously overweight, he'd remember how painful it was then, and he'd therefore have some compassion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2010, 05:51 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,542,767 times
Quote:
There have been many posts where male members trash overweight women JUST ON A GENERAL BASIS ... trashing perfect strangers who have nothing to do with their own lives at all.

Please explain:

-- How does the weight of women out there in general affect YOUR LIFE so negatively that you must trash them if they are overweight?

-- Why is the size of someone else's body, especially perfect strangers, so important to you that you must trash them if they are overweight?

-- How is the size of someone else's body, especially perfect strangers, your business to the point that you must trash them if they are overweight?

It is really ridiculous to me how far some of you are going. I personally do not focus on ridiculing the shortcomings of men I am not attracted to and making a big deal of it. For instance, if I were out in the dating world, I would just IGNORE (if they were ignoring me) or politely decline advances (if they expressed interest in me) from those I am not attracted to, not make it my mission to rake them over the coals for the characteristics I personally am not attracted to! So, men, please shed some light on this rude habit many of you seem to have! TIA!
In reality, nothing here should affect anyone's life off the boards. But everyone has an opinion, as cruel, under/uninformed or ridiculous as they may be, they are entitled to it. Just don't hold on to the illusion that they'll be able to "shed light" when their lights are already off upstairs.

All that's left to do is make fun of them.

Old 01-05-2010, 05:52 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,738,692 times
Having a few extra pounds myself, I try not to insult anyone based on their weight. Also, one of the most intriguing and fun women I know is, according to her, 70+ pounds overweight. I would never want to hurt her because of a useless comment (Plus she's really trying to lose the weight anyway).

Old 01-05-2010, 05:54 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,300,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
How many overweight women are very successful? VERY FEW! Every company I have worked for, almost every woman in higher positions was either very pretty or thin or both.

Like someone said, if I can get to the gym sometimes 5 times a week, why can't they?

Also, I am not attracted sexually to a woman who is overweight and how is a man supposed to fake that? I have a friend who decided to give a "bigger" chance and when they finally tried to have sex for the first time, he could not do it. I don't blame him at all!

Another thing I notice about many overweight women is the fact that many are emotionally unstable and have very low self esteem, so even if you look past the fat, there are other problems!

I have never offended or disrespected a fat woman because I am not an ******* but sometimes I feel like doing it so that they can get a clue and start working out and eating right.
So you are talking smack here.

Why do you CARE about how fat women that are strangers to you are?

Why is it so important to trash them? Are they trashing you?

Old 01-05-2010, 05:57 PM

2,412 posts, read 7,176,801 times
Quote:
So, men, please shed some light on this rude habit many of you seem to have! TIA!
I think some males (using the term "men" would seem to be incorrect) in the CD forum simply enjoy making prejudicial and/or misogynistic statements about women in order to shock and offend.

I'm sure you understand that not all men share such views. Alas, the anonymity of the internet opens the doors for troglodytes to air their foul views.

Old 01-05-2010, 06:00 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,187,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Man there are a lot of touchy fatties out there...
People are probably sensitive in general. Trust me, you're not good looking enough, educated enough, intelligent enough, endowed enough, etc for somebody...I'd venture to say for most. You don't need to be thrashed for it. Or do you?

Old 01-05-2010, 06:00 PM

4,379 posts, read 5,382,376 times
Quote:

Please explain:

lol...

there are lots of touched nerves here. don't take life so seriously.

Old 01-05-2010, 06:03 PM

862 posts, read 1,642,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnoliaThunder View Post
Oh-Eve: Judging from your photo and your posts here, it seems apparent to me that you somehow resent fat women because you feel that you deserve more respect/attention/adulation than they do and you're not getting it - could that be right?

I think you hit the nail on the head with this post.

Gotta spread it around before I can rep you~

Old 01-05-2010, 06:05 PM

1,549 posts, read 2,582,861 times
On a side note, I don't know if its where I live or what, but I'd be hard pressed to find overweight much less obese women.

Old 01-05-2010, 06:06 PM

1,549 posts, read 2,582,861 times
I know what the stats are-they just don't seem to fit Denver that much...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships