Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 01:08 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,305,769 times

Advertisements

There have been many posts where male members trash overweight women JUST ON A GENERAL BASIS ... trashing perfect strangers who have nothing to do with their own lives at all.

Please explain:

-- How does the weight of women out there in general affect YOUR LIFE so negatively that you must trash them if they are overweight?

-- Why is the size of someone else's body, especially perfect strangers, so important to you that you must trash them if they are overweight?

-- How is the size of someone else's body, especially perfect strangers, your business to the point that you must trash them if they are overweight?

It is really ridiculous to me how far some of you are going. I personally do not focus on ridiculing the shortcomings of men I am not attracted to and making a big deal of it. For instance, if I were out in the dating world, I would just IGNORE (if they were ignoring me) or politely decline advances (if they expressed interest in me) from those I am not attracted to, not make it my mission to rake them over the coals for the characteristics I personally am not attracted to! So, men, please shed some light on this rude habit many of you seem to have! TIA!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2010, 01:13 PM

1,125 posts, read 2,192,691 times
Albeit I don't do that, I think the ones who do it are merely talking about women in real life, and not necessarily the ones on this board. I could be very wrong though.

Old 01-05-2010, 01:14 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,185,348 times
Thread #837 in the Dead Horse Topic Series.

Flog away.

Old 01-05-2010, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorrans View Post
Albeit I don't do that, I think the ones who do it are merely talking about women in real life, and not necessarily the ones on this board. I could be very wrong though.
That's what I mean ... they are trashing women in real life. WHY for cryin' out loud?

Old 01-05-2010, 01:17 PM

2,543 posts, read 4,886,160 times
There's a lot of different type of men that I'm not interested in (the jail types, the redneck types, the broke types, and the ones who still live with mama types), but I don't trash them (or talk bad about them), I just decline their advances and such. Yes, I have hungout with some of these types, but I never made a point in having a relationship with them. Just someone to hangout with, nothing more.

But yeah, it's mean when there are people out there that will trash someone, because the person doesn't look like them, act like them, or work like them (reminds me of some of the folks in the town I live in now). It's so unfair and rude.

Old 01-05-2010, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Thread #837 in the Dead Horse Topic Series.

Flog away.
That's thread number 857891 to you, pal!

Tell me, how does the overweightness of various women, especially perfect strangers, actually negatively affect the males ridiculing them and complaining about it?

Old 01-05-2010, 01:18 PM

440 posts, read 1,030,355 times
I've been a shocked about this as well. This goes for woman bashing other woman about weight which just comes off as being more insecure then anything. It just needs to stop.

Old 01-05-2010, 01:19 PM

7,005 posts, read 21,336,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post

-- How does the weight of women out there in general affect YOUR LIFE so negatively that you must trash them if they are overweight?

-- Why is the size of someone else's body, especially perfect strangers, so important to you that you must trash them if they are overweight?

-- How is the size of someone else's body, especially perfect strangers, your business to the point that you must trash them if they are overweight?
No.

No.

No.

To me the only thing that's important is the size of her butt, and not to trash it but to tap it.

Old 01-05-2010, 01:21 PM

1,125 posts, read 2,192,691 times
Quote:
That's what I mean ... they are trashing women in real life. WHY for cryin' out loud?
No idea, but it is dead wrong. I will admit, in my past time, me & my mates do make jokes about blacks, whites, ethnic minorities, short men etc. and fat people don't get a free pass from us. But to personally insult a fat woman is totally uncalled for. I have met many overweight women who wanted to go out with me, but I politely declined and never made a fuss about it. Men [and other women too, they are just as bad] who ridicule them are just cowards.

Old 01-05-2010, 01:22 PM

20,718 posts, read 19,363,240 times
Quote:
There have been many posts where male members trash overweight women JUST ON A GENERAL BASIS ... trashing perfect strangers who have nothing to do with their own lives at all.

Please explain:

It is really ridiculous to me how far some of you are going. I personally do not focus on ridiculing the shortcomings of men I am not attracted to and making a big deal of it. For instance, if I were out in the dating world, I would just IGNORE (if they were ignoring me) or politely decline advances (if they expressed interest in me) from those I am not attracted to, not make it my mission to rake them over the coals for the characteristics I personally am not attracted to! So, men, please shed some light on this rude habit many of you seem to have! TIA!
Hi I_Love_LI_but,

You are quite bright enough to know(that's a compliment). Everyone complains about a shortage. In a desert, everyone complains there is no water. Since most men chase after a target exhibiting the most cues of attraction, there is a shortage. When those women are not available, men become unhappy at their choices of women they find less than ideal.

You asked why, not about the scales of justice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships