U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 06:39 PM

1,564 posts, read 1,953,279 times

Advertisements

I just came from a forum where I posted an (apparently) unpopular opinion and got slammed into the dirt by other women. I don't get this. Is it not possible to disagree with others without turning it into a personal attack?

Is there not room in the world for different opinions? And why oh why, are women so downright mean to each other?

Why do women say things to virtual strangers over the internet that they would never in a million years say in person? Are we all *that* angry that we use the 'net as our outlet to attack and malign one another?

My thought is, you have NO idea what the poor soul on the other side of that computer screen in going through. You have no idea how hard their life may be. You don't know how many burdens they have in their real life.

What happened to grace and forbearance and kindness? Aren't women supposed to be the gentler sex? Aren't we supposed to have a nurturing gene?

Why are women so mean to other women???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2010, 07:16 PM

11,671 posts, read 13,758,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosemaryT View Post
I just came from a forum where I posted an (apparently) unpopular opinion and got slammed into the dirt by other women. I don't get this. Is it not possible to disagree with others without turning it into a personal attack?

Is there not room in the world for different opinions? And why oh why, are women so downright mean to each other?

Why do women say things to virtual strangers over the internet that they would never in a million years say in person? Are we all *that* angry that we use the 'net as our outlet to attack and malign one another?

My thought is, you have NO idea what the poor soul on the other side of that computer screen in going through. You have no idea how hard their life may be. You don't know how many burdens they have in their real life.

What happened to grace and forbearance and kindness? Aren't women supposed to be the gentler sex? Aren't we supposed to have a nurturing gene?

It's not gender specific really. Some people just can't stand to think they might be wrong. They don't know when to quit and will drag you in to the dirt with them if you let it happen.

Old 01-05-2010, 07:17 PM

8,000 posts, read 16,737,630 times
Political forum?

Old 01-05-2010, 07:26 PM

1,679 posts, read 2,163,548 times
Quote:

Jealously, competition, insecurity, low self-esteem, desiring power, mental illnesses, PMS, menopause, personality disorders, and a host of other reasons. Remain kind, but do not allow her to disrespect you. Women need to learn how to behave like woman and not some evil tyrant or bully!! There are more girl bullies in school than there are males, so that alone speaks volumes. Watch out for those bullying behaviors in the workforce too. Something about the feminist movement put us on a different course and the nurturing aspect of our gender has been dissipating since then.

Old 01-05-2010, 10:26 PM

5,879 posts, read 7,634,216 times
Quote:

Tune it out, it works for me. I can deal with my boss who should be on meds for his hostility and anger, so I let anyone else roll off. Just like downtown!

Old 01-06-2010, 06:40 AM

5,077 posts, read 12,628,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaveno View Post
Jealously, competition, insecurity, low self-esteem, desiring power, mental illnesses, PMS, menopause, personality disorders, and a host of other reasons. Remain kind, but do not allow her to disrespect you. Women need to learn how to behave like woman and not some evil tyrant or bully!! There are more girl bullies in school than there are males, so that alone speaks volumes. Watch out for those bullying behaviors in the workforce too. Something about the feminist movement put us on a different course and the nurturing aspect of our gender has been dissipating since then.
Exactly right!

Old 01-06-2010, 06:48 AM

3,275 posts, read 10,327,337 times
Quote:

Didn't you go to middle school? Unfortunately, that stuff never ends for a lot of women. A lot of it is like someone else said: "jealously, competition, insecurity, low self-esteem, desiring power, mental illnesses, PMS, menopause, personality disorders, and a host of other reasons". No wonder a lot of guys think we're all psycho catty b*****s.

Old 01-06-2010, 07:02 AM

6,764 posts, read 19,180,553 times
Well, it's not a gender thing.
You can see it on any forum/board. If you post something unpopular, you get personal attacks and nasty replies.

We can't always agree (nor should we) but there are ways of expressing your opinions without resorting to name calling or nasty comments 'to score a point.'

I was on another forum (not here) and 90% of the posters were women as this was a 'parent centered/mother centered board. A lot of these women were so BITTER and ANGRY against men!! Heck, I love men, it's 'idiots' I hate. All they did was spit hatred about 'this ex' or 'father of my baby' or 'sperm donor' (what a horrible, horrible 'name' for the father of your children!).

I could not post anything 'uplifting' because it would turn into "your husband will become a 'scumbag like my ex" rants...

If you want to see women rant, tell them you do not believe in breast feeding (for yourself) (another hot topic). You will be called all sorts of nasty names and told you made your child ill by not 'nursing.'

I like City Data out of any forum I have been on. Yeah, you cross paths with 'nasty people' once in awhile but 'who cares' as you don't know them in person and the majority of people here are nice, sane, and balanced.

Old 01-06-2010, 08:46 AM

4,379 posts, read 4,230,988 times
It's not a gender thing, it's a human thing.

The fact somebody is an adult does not preclude them being rude, uncouth or disrespectful, life experience/wisdom notwithstanding.

Old 01-06-2010, 09:31 AM

153 posts, read 201,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaveno View Post

Your list in this post describes my former co-worker to a T. She was a tyrant. I think her being overweight and unattractive had a lot to do with it, hence she knew everything and could do everything better, and demeaned everyone else (chiefly me). She was always "throwing her weight around." Pun intended.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships