Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2010, 09:33 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,613,383 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onglet39 View Post
I learned a lot from that thread, even though it may not have seemed that way at the time.

Perhaps we should give the OP a bit of a break, maybe she is digesting what is being said here. who knows, she may wake up in a week or two and have an "A ha!" moment.

Not that I am saying I have all of the answers, because I most certainly do not! But I'm working on it.
I don't think any of us ever do have all the answers and I guess that's why I'm never bored.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2010, 09:42 PM

1,549 posts, read 2,577,170 times
Heck, I'm a straight married woman and I'll date you if you're that perfect.

Old 01-09-2010, 06:57 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,553,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Don't feel like you have to. I'm 5'10", and it's never been an issue with me and my 5'7" guy. Some people really don't find this to be a big deal.
Ah--but it's not an issue to YOU either. Some women will want guys that are taller than they, and completely discount men who are shorter.

Me, I can get along with anyone that is willing to get along with me. But if they expressly do not wish to get along with me, I probably won't get along with them.

It's like when I was in the Navy--there were black guys I got along with fine, and others I didn't get along with at all. The problem wasn't from MY side. Same goes for a woman's height. I don't mind if she's taller--if she doesn't mind that I'm shorter. But most women do.

Old 01-09-2010, 07:39 AM

88,222 posts, read 84,127,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Ah--but it's not an issue to YOU either. Some women will want guys that are taller than they, and completely discount men who are shorter.

Me, I can get along with anyone that is willing to get along with me. But if they expressly do not wish to get along with me, I probably won't get along with them.

It's like when I was in the Navy--there were black guys I got along with fine, and others I didn't get along with at all. The problem wasn't from MY side. Same goes for a woman's height. I don't mind if she's taller--if she doesn't mind that I'm shorter. But most women do.
That is funny, because I'm a very tall women, and I don't mind shorter men. But I think it's most men who prefer to be with shorter women!

Perspective, perspective.

Old 01-09-2010, 07:50 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,553,169 times

I don't know. Maybe it's because I'm short that I don't really care. If I was tall, then it's more likely that most of the women I meet would be shorter than me, thus giving off the appearance that I only like short women.

In practical terms, all of the women I have dated have been my height or shorter. Hmm, well, there have been some who've claimed to be taller--by like an inch. But our heights are both listed at 5'6". Like I said, it doesn't matter to me, but it doesn't seem like women over 5'6" ever approach me.

Old 01-09-2010, 10:51 AM

12,573 posts, read 15,523,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
Yes...b/c education is something I value. I'm not saying you aren't smart...you are probably very smart, but when it comes to education you and I don't value it in the same way.
I'll give you credit for honesty, but pity for being narrow-minded. I guess one day you'll understand when you've met the perfect man and he dumps you because you only have a bachelors.

Old 01-09-2010, 11:38 AM

12,769 posts, read 18,302,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
I'll give you credit for honesty, but pity for being narrow-minded. I guess one day you'll understand when you've met the perfect man and he dumps you because you only have a bachelors.
I'm planning on getting my masters. I bought a house though, so I didn't have the money to do both. When I get the money, the masters is the first thing I'm getting.

Old 01-09-2010, 12:09 PM

3,284 posts, read 3,514,673 times
Quote:
I'm planning on getting my masters. I bought a house though, so I didn't have the money to do both. When I get the money, the masters is the first thing I'm getting.
That was totally not the point he was trying to make. Perhaps you should spend a bit more time out of the classroom and in public to socialize?

Last edited by Jays1983; 01-09-2010 at 12:21 PM..

Old 01-09-2010, 12:20 PM

19,426 posts, read 12,075,024 times
Quote:
That's a relief, because it is a requirment that many caring, wonderful commitment minded men have of the women they date.

They love hearing "I'm a HOMEOWNER with a MASTERS" above all else. I'm sure all the CD men are getting turned on just reading those words.

Old 01-09-2010, 02:45 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,523,863 times
Quote:
A little short-sighted don't you think? There's one more above that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships