U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-08-2010, 11:37 AM

437 posts, read 413,757 times

Advertisements

Incidently standards are good as long as they are realistic. Too many women think they are worth more than they really are because:
1. they think themselves more beautiful than they are

2. theyke to enjoy a few years as husband and wife without children. With a 30 year old woman, this would mean no kids until 34 or so, making conception more difficult as well as the ensuing pregnancy, birthing, and raising.)

4. they think men want "strong and independent" women. Some do, many do not. I don't want a woman with whom most interaction as pissing contests. I want her to submit to me and my leadership as husband and father. Also, to many S&I women, they are just b*tchy.

5. Think that their careers make them good catch. No always. Some men want to be to be in a power couple but many others want a domestic woman who stays at home and takes care of that while he brings home the bacon. After investing time and effort into education and careers, many women will not want to give up that career to be a SAHM.

5a. just continuing, just because a woman makes alot of money, that doesn't make her attractive. It's NICE that she has mony to spend or share costs but too many think that "well because I make x, he has to make 1.5 * x" but many of those well off guys have many options and frquently seek younger, less established women.

Recently there was a show about 4 black women in Atlanta who couldn't find a good man to marry. They admitted that they had high standards and had come down a bit but many still commented about "refusing to settle," after waiting so long. Steve Harvey gave them excellent advice and insight- since those great men they want are in such demand, those men will continue to have fun until they are ready to settle, probably in tehir late 30's, and early 40's- the women should go after THOSE men.

All 4 refused. Sad, really. Chances are good that as attractive and successful as they are, they will end up alone because they just aren't realistic. Most women want those top 5% but there just aren't enough to go around- so what do you do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2010, 11:48 AM

1,125 posts, read 1,245,847 times
I said it many pages ago. She is severely overrating herself physically and character wise. And also, correct me if I'm wrong, she said that she wouldn't consider a man with no degree, even if he had all the other attributes. Well, good luck with that - your pool of options have just shrunk ten fold.

A friendly advice; be more humble, be more open and don't come across as you do on here as with your head stuck firmly up your backside [no offence intended, but it's the vibe I get from you].

And lastly, compromise. You will never EVER get a man who tick all the boxes for you. So if he ticks 9 out of your 10 boxes, but he doesn't have a University degree, you will dump him? Good luck being single for the rest of your life, if that's the case.

Old 01-08-2010, 11:56 AM
Ep-

2,015 posts, read 2,315,214 times
wont date anyone without a degree? degrees dont mean a lot nowadays...they give them away like crazy as long as you pay the bill. even i have a decent one !

Old 01-08-2010, 11:59 AM

6,766 posts, read 7,846,540 times
You realize that only about 25-30% of people have college degrees, right? And about half of those are women?

Old 01-08-2010, 12:01 PM

302 posts, read 362,099 times
Ameiko;12355071]Incidently standards are good as long as they are realistic. Too many women think they are worth more than they really are because:
1. they think themselves more beautiful than they are

I wish that I had enough confidence to think that "I'm beautiful"....Cute is how I would describe myself

4. they think men want "strong and independent" women. Some do, many do not. I don't want a woman with whom most interaction as pissing contests. I want her to submit to me and my leadership as husband and father. Also, to many S&I women, they are just b*tchy.

Now, I really did believe this that men wanted "strong, independent" women. You really mean to tell me that you don't enjoy a woman taking charge sometimes ....even in the bedroom???

5. Some men want to be to be in a power couple but many others want a domestic woman who stays at home and takes care of that while he brings home the bacon.

Now that would be my type of man Ahhh...(I'm dreaming....)
House cleaned, meals cooked - perhaps a little "dessert" before dinner to help relieve his stress. Where is this type of man? I seem to attract the one's that are lazy, don't want to work and want to be the "stay at home love slave"....NOT that there's anything wrong with that, if it actually happened that way

5a. just continuing, just because a woman makes alot of money, that doesn't make her attractive.
Yes, I agree

Old 01-08-2010, 12:04 PM

3,536 posts, read 4,455,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorrans View Post
I said it many pages ago. She is severely overrating herself physically and character wise. And also, correct me if I'm wrong, she said that she wouldn't consider a man with no degree, even if he had all the other attributes. Well, good luck with that - your pool of options have just shrunk ten fold.

A friendly advice; be more humble, be more open and don't come across as you do on here as with your head stuck firmly up your backside [no offence intended, but it's the vibe I get from you].

And lastly, compromise. You will never EVER get a man who tick all the boxes for you. So if he ticks 9 out of your 10 boxes, but he doesn't have a University degree, you will dump him? Good luck being single for the rest of your life, if that's the case.
I agree. For one thing, I am one of those nice guys. Now if I were single and saw that list, I know I would not qualify. She put down that the guy has to watch what he eats and goes to the gym. Now I'm not fat, nowhere near it. I'm skinny. But I eat what I like to eat (i'm not a total healthfreak) and I do not go to the gym (I get very bored if I'm in the gym). I'm not even that good looking.

Now, where the OP is, the population was 1,351,625 (based on a 2008 estimate). So lets assume that half are men and half are women. That leaves 675812.5 (we got a half a guy here ). Now lets assume half of them are above 18 (gotta keep them legal). That brings the total to 337906.25 (we got 1/4 of a guy now ). Oh wait, marriage. Ok, assume half of them are married. That leaves 168953.125 single guys.

Now she says only the fat uneducated drug users want to commit and only the good ones do. Again lets assume that half are good and half are ugly fat and use drugs. That leaves 84476.5625 good guys. No way could all 84,000 good guys not want to commit.

Seriously, if something like not going to a gym is a deal breaker or any of your other criteria (being employed is important that I know), then you need to rethink what you want in a guy.

Your list might be too big and if you're not willing to let one or two things slide (i.e. hair color, height, dresses in suits or jeans, gym, physical appearance), then it will be tough finding someone.

I'm a good guy and I did want to commit and I did commit.

Old 01-08-2010, 12:26 PM

13,759 posts, read 12,314,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
So what gives?

I'm a 28 year old female, successful @ my job, college-educated, I've owned my home for about 2 years now, I'm a hard-worker, I do volunteer work, I'm nice, I'm smart, I'm funny, I work out and have a great body, I'm very attractive, I don't do drugs or smoke and I drink rarely, I have a clean record in terms of never being arrested ot anything like that, I have a great social life...and yet i can't find someone who wants to date me.

I'm not perfect I know that...but where in my self-description is something that someone would find unattractive about wanting to date me?

I have worked hard and accomplished so much, but I find myself never good enough for any man.

Sorry...I don't really get it. Do men just want to date and marry bitchy ditzy bimbos with no money?
It looks like to me, that your a very confident women, and believe it or not, confidence scares men...your to independent and they know you don't really need them to be successful..and that scares them...but, here's the good news...somewhere out there is the guy for you, just continue to be who you are and don't compromise who you are 4 anyone...

hang in there...your man will come along soon....just be selective....

hugs
creme

Old 01-08-2010, 12:28 PM

16,623 posts, read 14,385,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelfish70 View Post
Now, I really did believe this that men wanted "strong, independent" women. You really mean to tell me that you don't enjoy a woman taking charge sometimes ....even in the bedroom???

It is tricky, angelfish.

I like strong, independent women. In my mind, this means she is capable of living, and enjoying her life, without me. I don't have to be the source of her entertainment, and I'm not put in the position of being expected to micromanage decisions about her life. Someone who thinks independently, rather than deferring to me on everything.

What I've found is that these characteristics go hand-in-hand with all sorts of other, very undesirable characteristics.

Old 01-08-2010, 12:37 PM

27,956 posts, read 22,209,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ep- View Post
wont date anyone without a degree? degrees dont mean a lot nowadays...they give them away like crazy as long as you pay the bill. even i have a decent one !
Financially, you might do better with a plumber or electrician! Good trades, esp. if they own their own business, and no degree required.

Old 01-08-2010, 12:39 PM

6,046 posts, read 7,419,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
You realize that only about 25-30% of people have college degrees, right? And about half of those are women?
Not in NYC.

The Northeast has the highest % of college graduates. 25-30% are probably figures for other regions of the country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships