Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 10:23 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,708,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
So what gives?

I'm a 28 year old female, successful @ my job, college-educated, I've owned my home for about 2 years now, I'm a hard-worker, I do volunteer work, I'm nice, I'm smart, I'm funny, I work out and have a great body, I'm very attractive, I don't do drugs or smoke and I drink rarely, I have a clean record in terms of never being arrested ot anything like that, I have a great social life...and yet i can't find someone who wants to date me.

I'm not perfect I know that...but where in my self-description is something that someone would find unattractive about wanting to date me?

I have worked hard and accomplished so much, but I find myself never good enough for any man.

Sorry...I don't really get it. Do men just want to date and marry bitchy ditzy bimbos with no money?
Send me your resume
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2010, 10:24 AM

484 posts, read 1,216,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAtheBanker View Post
Yes, guys DO like the "bitchy ditzy bimbos with no money" because they're NEEDY and make guys feel "tough" when they can take care of them. Personally, I think the success of women like us is a turn-off for a lot of guys. They won't admit it, but it's true--we're proof!
Kinda but not quite. Men want to feel like men in a relationship. The "independent woman" doesn't recognize that. Ms. Independent spends an inordinate amount of time proving to everyone how independent she really is, which becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy all too often. Her equally intelligent and successful sister knows how to let a man feel manly and will have no trouble finding a dude. She is truly independent, free from the need to prove it to herself.

Sometimes it really is easier to just let the guy open that jar of pickles.

Old 01-07-2010, 10:29 AM

3,425 posts, read 6,306,909 times
I am sorry but you sound a lot like some of these women I see on some of these online dating sites, they are so great, got so much going for themselves but seem to have multiple profiles on Plentyoffish, Okcupid, etc.

I met a girl a few weeks back and she was educated, owned her own place, had a good job, not bad looking at all BUT she had this attitude that totally turned me off, she was telling me about all the guys she dumped because they did not live up to her expectations, WTF? Not to mention that she wants a guy to do exactly the same things she likes, she said something like, I need a man that will take a course with me at this school, I was thinking, what if the guy does not want to or does not have the same interests as her?

I would rather go with a single Mom, still trying to get through college who is not a ***** and will accept me for who I am than some "wonderful woman" with this type of attitude

Last edited by Repubocrat; 01-07-2010 at 10:43 AM..

Old 01-07-2010, 10:32 AM

9,846 posts, read 22,668,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
I wonder if there's any fine print on that product packaging.
There must be.

Old 01-07-2010, 10:34 AM

1,125 posts, read 2,191,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
I am sorry but you sound a lot like some of these women you I see on some of these online dating sites, they are so great, got so much going for themselves but seem to have multiple profiles on Plentyoffish, Okcupid, etc.

I met a girl a few weeks back and she was educated, owned her own place, had a good job, not bad looking at all BUT she had this attitude that totally turned me off, she was telling me about all the guys she dumped because they did not live up to her expectations, WTF? Not to mention that she wants a guy to do exactly the same things she likes, she said something like, I need a man that will take a course with me at this school, I was thinking, what if the guy does not want to or does not have the same interests as her?

I would rather go with a single Mom, still trying to get through college who is not a ***** and will accept me for who I am than some "wonderful woman" with this type of attitude
Absolutely. So would I. The attitude of some of these so-called successful women stink and are so rotten, that I am not surprised no man would touch them with a ten foot pole. If they want a decent man, the bitchy attitude needs to go. They need to be more modest and they need to compromise as well.

Old 01-07-2010, 10:34 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,323,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enigmaingr View Post
Kinda but not quite. Men want to feel like men in a relationship. The "independent woman" doesn't recognize that. Ms. Independent spends an inordinate amount of time proving to everyone how independent she really is, which becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy all too often. Her equally intelligent and successful sister knows how to let a man feel manly and will have no trouble finding a dude. She is truly independent, free from the need to prove it to herself.

Sometimes it really is easier to just let the guy open that jar of pickles.

PADOWWWW! There it is!!!

I have always been an independent woman, career, money, blah, blah blah but I never felt the need to have to prove that to anyone else. I know who I am and let my accomplishments speak for themselves...no need to tell unless I am asked. Even still, I downplay it because I don't want to come off as conceited.

The OP sounds like she has it together and her expectations in what she wants in a man are not abnormal....so I don't know what the problem it. Perhaps she is looking too hard or saying too much.

I can open MY own jar of pickles, I bought at the store, in MY fridge but I have no problem handing them over to my guy to open and receive the jar back with an adoring smile on my face and a thank you to my sweetie!

Old 01-07-2010, 10:35 AM

66 posts, read 111,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
So what gives?

I'm a 28 year old female, successful @ my job, college-educated, I've owned my home for about 2 years now, I'm a hard-worker, I do volunteer work, I'm nice, I'm smart, I'm funny, I work out and have a great body, I'm very attractive, I don't do drugs or smoke and I drink rarely, I have a clean record in terms of never being arrested ot anything like that, I have a great social life...and yet i can't find someone who wants to date me.

I'm not perfect I know that...but where in my self-description is something that someone would find unattractive about wanting to date me?

I have worked hard and accomplished so much, but I find myself never good enough for any man.

Sorry...I don't really get it. Do men just want to date and marry bitchy ditzy bimbos with no money?
You know what I think? That you just haven't met the one yet but fate will eventually get you together with him. Do you know what I mean?

Old 01-07-2010, 10:39 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,323,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
I am sorry but you sound a lot like some of these women you I see on some of these online dating sites, they are so great, got so much going for themselves but seem to have multiple profiles on Plentyoffish, Okcupid, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorrans View Post
Absolutely. So would I. The attitude of some of these so-called successful women stink and are so rotten, that I am not surprised no man would touch them with a ten foot pole. If they want a decent man, the bitchy attitude needs to go. They need to be more modest and they need to compromise as well.

Now see, I was with you up until this. I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you are not implying a single Mom is somehow beneath a single woman.

Go ahead......I'm waiting.....

Old 01-07-2010, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
PADOWWWW! There it is!!!

I have always been an independent woman, career, money, blah, blah blah but I never felt the need to have to prove that to anyone else. I know who I am and let my accomplishments speak for themselves...no need to tell unless I am asked. Even still, I downplay it because I don't want to come off as conceited.

The OP sounds like she has it together and her expectations in what she wants in a man are not abnormal....so I don't know what the problem it. Perhaps she is looking too hard or saying too much.

I can open MY own jar of pickles, I bought at the store, in MY fridge but I have no problem handing them over to my guy to open and receive the jar back with an adoring smile on my face and a thank you to my sweetie!
The problem is many women love to advertise how "independent" they are, screaming from the roof top about it, lol. It's such a huge turn-off and unattractive. If they really are all that and a bag of chips, then they should shut up and let their actions do all the talking. Like you have done.

When a woman start banging on about how "independent" and "successful" she is, alarm bells start ringing. I hate self-centred who believe they are Jesus himself. Stop talking about it, if you are that great, it will shine through.

Old 01-07-2010, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
Now see, I was with you up until this. I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you are not implying a single Mom is somehow beneath a single woman.

Go ahead......I'm waiting.....
Nah, you got that wrong. However, a single woman with a stinky attitude giving it the I'm-all-that is beneath a single mum who is honest and works hard for herself & her kids. At least to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships