Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 09:33 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,625,050 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
I'd rather not say for I don't want to hurt nobody's feelings, if you know what I mean.
Okay. I took it to mean that you would kill him. I must have misread it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2010, 09:52 AM

1,223 posts, read 1,684,910 times
Quote:
Wow! Just wow. Is that what they do in Westchester Co.?

I do not nor have I ever spoke for Westchester County. I am an independent person who speaks only for himself and gives opinions based on what I would do, or feel etc. What everyone else decides to do is their business.

Old 01-11-2010, 09:54 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,300,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKP440 View Post
I do not nor have I ever spoke for Westchester County. I am an independent person who speaks only for himself and gives opinions based on what I would do, or feel etc. What everyone else decides to do is their business.
Amen.

Old 01-11-2010, 10:11 AM

2,930 posts, read 7,046,881 times
Quote:
An openly gay son of mine would probably die of "mysterious causes". A pregnant teenage daughter, well I could always learn how to love a grandson.
Quote:
I'd rather not say for I don't want to hurt nobody's feelings, if you know what I mean.
I know what you mean, that's why I rather have the pregnant daughter. I'm from Miami which is like the 2nd San Francisco. I wish people spoke more about this stuff though. The PC about this subject is not helping at all.

Old 01-11-2010, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
I wouldn't reject my own children, I just refuse to be a surrogate mother to my grandchildren. And my own parents would have been equally as strict with me, which is why none of us kids (three daughters) ever had issues with unwanted pregnancies. It's that respect and fear of our parents' wishes and rules that kept us out of trouble as teens and young adults. None of us were sexually active in high school. None of us cared about having boyfriends until we were almost done with college. We also had enough self esteem that we didn't need the validation of male attention in order to feel good about ourselves as people. We were also not in a rush to become full adults. I love that my childhood was just about being a child and learning. Not sneaking around experimenting with boys.

I think that the problem with many of the families with pregnant teens is that the teens aren't scared enough of their parents' authority and care more about what other teens think of them.
I have personally known girls that have been thrown out of their homes because they were pregnant during their teens. For me that's a disgusting act. Thank God there are churches and non profit organizations that helped those girls.

I have also known gay kids that have been thrown out of their homes after their parents found out about their sexual preference. They ended up homeless. The same goes for those parents. I wished they would have aborted their kids. Maybe I'm taking this too personal but sometimes humans can be so evil.

By the way, my mother always told me she would support me if I ended up being a teenage mother, and I didn't go out and have 2 or 3 kids. That has nothing to do with it.

Old 01-11-2010, 10:24 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,524,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥♥PRINC3Ss♥♥ View Post

I wished they would have aborted their kids. Maybe I'm taking this too personal but sometimes humans can be so evil.
I bet their kids are glad their parents didn't abort them.

Old 01-11-2010, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
Who knows? Do you know? Kids are not pets that you can just throw away if they misbehave. If someone is not prepared to support their kids in bad times, they have no business in being parents, get a dog instead. I say it again, people like that are the scum of the earth. The kids did not request to be brought to this world, but the parents made a conscious choice.

Old 01-11-2010, 10:39 AM

1,223 posts, read 1,684,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
I wouldn't reject my own children, I just refuse to be a surrogate mother to my grandchildren. And my own parents would have been equally as strict with me, which is why none of us kids (three daughters) ever had issues with unwanted pregnancies. It's that respect and fear of our parents' wishes and rules that kept us out of trouble as teens and young adults. None of us were sexually active in high school. None of us cared about having boyfriends until we were almost done with college. We also had enough self esteem that we didn't need the validation of male attention in order to feel good about ourselves as people. We were also not in a rush to become full adults. I love that my childhood was just about being a child and learning. Not sneaking around experimenting with boys.

I think that the problem with many of the families with pregnant teens is that the teens aren't scared enough of their parents' authority and care more about what other teens think of them.

The reason why teens aren't scared enough of their parents authority is because our new "everyone has feelings" society we live in makes that fear a CRIME. Parents have fallen for the "I want to be my kids best friend" BS instead of just being the parents (I.E. call ALL the shots and if they don't like it they can move when they are 18) they need to be. That means sometimes they make the decision in the best interest of the child even though its not the most popular decision, or it doesn't take into account the child's feelings. If a parent puts his/her foot down today that child has options!!???? WTF? They can ask the other parent to override the first decision, or they can go to a school counselor and get help there, or they can just report the parent for child abuse. Kids today have a sense of entitlement unlike any generation before, and IMO I feel this has laid out the groundwork for a future of dependent crybabies.

Old 01-11-2010, 10:43 AM

To the person that left me the reputation about killing your own kid:

Learn to read. Mr cat never said he would kill his own kid. In fact his kid would probably die of natural causes or Pneumonia.

If you still can't get it, then you never will.

Old 01-11-2010, 10:52 AM
miu

17,765 posts, read 40,094,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
I have a good friend in her 60's that is still recovering from being raised by an abusive mother. She has often said that she wishes she was aborted because her childhood was so painful. Her mom didn't physical abuse her, but was very cruel verbally. No every human being is happy or accepting of the life they've been dealt.

I know that I'm grateful not to have been born impoverished in a third world country. I would indeed rather be aborted that live in those overcrowded and dirty conditions with no hope of advancement, and if a woman, with no birth control.

I know that I live a very lucky and wonderful life, even if I'm not a millionaire or celebrity model type.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships