U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-10-2011, 08:45 PM

23,932 posts, read 19,408,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahpc122927 View Post
They have to find areas to work on in terms of the relationship....the husband and wife has to find something to work on.... If not, thats why U.S has the highest divorce rate in the country. I mean you married that person for a reason.... so I suggest working through problems.
say what?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2011, 10:11 AM

748 posts, read 651,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Would it have been good for you had one of your parents been pushed out of your life due to the divorce?
Yes it would have, because in the end, my mother abandoned us anyways. With a divorce years before, perhaps she would have found someone who truly made her happy, and the visitation, cutody and all that would have being worked out for the better of all parties involved; instead she grew bitter and resentful and took it out on her kids.

Old 11-11-2011, 10:59 AM

7,390 posts, read 4,189,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valeeighty2 View Post
Yes it would have, because in the end, my mother abandoned us anyways. With a divorce years before, perhaps she would have found someone who truly made her happy, and the visitation, cutody and all that would have being worked out for the better of all parties involved; instead she grew bitter and resentful and took it out on her kids.
I don't care how unhappy somebody is, there is no excuse to abondoned your family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
I'm glad that my ex & I didn't have kids. I remember my parent's fighting like it was yesterday. I can remember my dad punching a hole in the wall right outside my bedroom door. Even when my mom married my stepdad I can recall his gun going off in the living room & me being too scared to go see what happaned. NO child should have to deal with that! I think it's unheathly to stay together just for the kids.

Just my two cents worth.
Yikes, did your mom stay with your stepdad? She should have left him asap. If I was married and had kids, even if I no longer loved my wife, I would try to make it work just untill the kids left the house. But you're right no child should have to deal with what you went through.

Old 11-11-2011, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by valeeighty2 View Post
Yes it would have, because in the end, my mother abandoned us anyways.
You have my sympathies.

Quote:
With a divorce years before, perhaps she would have found someone who truly made her happy, and the visitation, cutody and all that would have being worked out for the better of all parties involved; instead she grew bitter and resentful and took it out on her kids.

Again, that's bad, and I feel for you, but I will never do that to my kids.

Old 11-11-2011, 02:28 PM

3,774 posts, read 2,280,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post

Yikes, did your mom stay with your stepdad? She should have left him asap. If I was married and had kids, even if I no longer loved my wife, I would try to make it work just untill the kids left the house. But you're right no child should have to deal with what you went through.

Children shouldn't have to put up with thier parents fighting all the time. It's the child that suffers for it & staying together for the childrens sake is a copout. It's not doing the child one bit of good.

Yes, they did stay together. They were drinking A lot when I was young not that it's an excuse.

Old 11-16-2011, 08:40 AM

9,717 posts, read 6,352,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingler View Post
A friend of mine told me that he and his wife just plain hate each other, and just do not talk. They only say things to each other if it relates to the household or children. They make every effort to avoid each other as much as possible. It has got so bad that they just hate being in the same room as each other. But they have 4 kids and also financially a Divorce would be a disaster.

The other reason they do not get a divorce or separate is just the emotional, physical and logistical hassle of the whole thing. Selling the house in today's real-estate market, finding an apartment, telling friends and relatives, and making all the difficult visitation rules. It is terrible being together but even worse making the moves to separate. Can you relate?
The 4 kids are unfortunately going to pay the price in the long run, when they have trouble being in a loving relationship, and can't figure out why?....The best thing a man can do for his kids is to love and respect their mother...... as for your last question...can I relate?? NO!..My kids happiness and well-being would prove to be too strong for me to ignore, and would absolutely win out over the "emotional, physical and logistical hassle of moving out and finding a place where there is only peace and love in my house.

Old 11-16-2011, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
The 4 kids are unfortunately going to pay the price in the long run, when they have trouble being in a loving relationship, and can't figure out why?....The best thing a man can do for his kids is to love and respect their mother...... as for your last question...can I relate?? NO!..My kids happiness and well-being would prove to be too strong for me to ignore, and would absolutely win out over the "emotional, physical and logistical hassle of moving out and finding a place where there is only peace and love in my house.
What does this mean? Does this mean you would leave?

Old 11-28-2011, 08:52 PM

9,717 posts, read 6,352,121 times
absolutely...why stay and put the kids through hell.

Old 11-28-2011, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
absolutely...why stay and put the kids through hell.
So you would leave your children? That too would be putting them through hell, no?

Old 11-28-2011, 09:09 PM

785 posts, read 649,675 times
In Love. There is a fine line between, I love you, and I just want to shoot my SO in the face with a bazooka.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships