Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 02:19 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,148,145 times

Advertisements

when I used to have hair I never saw anyone checking me out, but now that I shave my head I see women looking quite a bit.

makes me wonder whether or not they have ever seen a bald man before.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2010, 03:54 AM

62 posts, read 120,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Sometimes when I'm out in public I notice that women seem to do this. I'll be say for example at the grocery store, and might happen to meet a woman's eyes, they seem to look away really quick. I notice that sometimes a woman might even try to avoid eye contact. IDK, maybe they do this or not.

I thought that maybe they would do this because they perhaps are afraid to be friendly and smile cause maybe they are afraid to "encourage" men. Meaning that the guy would take it as a cue to hit on them??

I've thought perhaps maybe it's just me.

Maybe I look like I could be related to Quasimodo?

Maybe I have some crumbs on my face and they are too shy to tell me??

So ladies, what could be a possible answer.

(Hopefully it's not the Quasimodo thing. )
It can also be the posiibility that were not sure how men would react when a woman looks at them. It is rather comforting to know one's reaction then rather be caught off guard. Wouldn't it?

Old 01-10-2010, 06:02 AM

1,823 posts, read 1,877,582 times
i dont know why but i feel kind of uneasy when a girl stares at me .. i feel the sweat glands at work

Old 01-10-2010, 09:04 AM

5,024 posts, read 8,871,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
when I used to have hair I never saw anyone checking me out, but now that I shave my head I see women looking quite a bit.

makes me wonder whether or not they have ever seen a bald man before.
Maybe you look much better without the hair?

Old 01-10-2010, 09:12 AM

302 posts, read 606,461 times
I'll smile & bashfully look away since I'm shy in person (til I get to know someone).

If he speaks to me though, I'll engage in conversation.

Quote:
Sometimes when I'm out in public I notice that women seem to do this. I'll be say for example at the grocery store, and might happen to meet a woman's eyes, they seem to look away really quick. I notice that sometimes a woman might even try to avoid eye contact. IDK, maybe they do this or not.

I thought that maybe they would do this because they perhaps are afraid to be friendly and smile cause maybe they are afraid to "encourage" men. Meaning that the guy would take it as a cue to hit on them??

Old 01-10-2010, 09:13 AM

302 posts, read 606,461 times
LOL...I get embarrassed if a guy stares at me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm24x7 View Post
i dont know why but i feel kind of uneasy when a girl stares at me .. i feel the sweat glands at work

Old 01-10-2010, 09:16 AM

5,879 posts, read 9,227,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelfish70 View Post
LOL...I get embarrassed if a guy stares at me
Sorry! I was trying to read your shirt?LOL.......

Old 01-10-2010, 09:28 AM

12,897 posts, read 13,571,526 times
where I live less than 1% of the population looks like me so I know I get noticed, or people stare , or look at me for what ever reason, so I never make eye contact if I can avoid it, especially if it is a female stranger.

Old 01-10-2010, 10:00 AM

2,412 posts, read 5,073,486 times
Quote:

Well lets start with what are you doing? In the grocery store, depending on the time of day, are you just leering around or are you actually making contact way? Or is it a hunter looking over prey look?

Normal people make contact all day long. Good morning, good afternoon, or good evening. You smile while making contact, looking at their eyes, making sure your mouth is open and showing a little teeth, which mean's you're open and non agressive. A tight lipped smile says I'm faking being nice and happy.

On innitial contact woman cannot help but respond in two ways..they all look away! If a girl stops and holds your gaze, you should back away slowly and get out of there, theres something supernatural going on! I don't want your body drained of bloood found out back in the dumpster!

Way one. Eye contact and glances away left or right ....this says "I'm not sexually attracted to this male"

Way two ..eye contact a look down and back at the male "you are a candidate", "I JUST GAVE YOU MY COME HITHER LOOK"

Since you should only be interested in look two, other combinations with look two will tell you slight interest..or I want bone jumping now, meat!

A look down and back up, combined with an arm brushing hair, combined with suddenly swaying, or exaggerated, or even almost cat like stretching like saying "I'm warming up to you" the old term "swooning" , they actually do sometimes! means if you're nice to me I'll hook up with you...TONIGHT, because I think you're hot!

Unfortunetly most guys "on the prowl" don't "lower their shields" and simply greet women they find attractive, they try to pretend they're not looking. So they get a lot of the look away sideways. They unintionally look creepy, getting caught sneaking looks. Women know we look, stare, fixate on them all the time! They really love you not breaking Eye contact with them to wander to their breasts while having a short conversation. They like it so much they even go tell other females! "I think ___ is really into me, he talked to me and not my breasts, like most guys do", But of course barely covering up their nipples and expecting males not to look is asking a ton out of guys these days!

I greet people all day long. I'm surprised how many MARRIED women throw tons of green light signals upon a greeting at me, with their HUSBAND standing right next to them! You simply say hi and smile, She looks down, back you, brushes hair, comes over and touchs you! Warning...It's not that you're so great, moreso it's that you're..not...him..who she's aparently is..bored with.

Learn body language and to read facial expression. It's like you broke the seal on the Spiderwick Cronicals! Here's another observation..teen girls throw these "lets screw" signals to guys like crazy! Young and old guys! It's faking attraction, and their enjoying toying with their newfound "power" over guys..but I'm sure it gets plenty into trouble.

Last edited by optiflex; 01-10-2010 at 10:09 AM..

Old 01-10-2010, 10:09 AM

10,168 posts, read 20,719,857 times
I would bet more often than not, those attractive women are just as shy or insecure as the ordinary ones. Could be they don't want to get caught looking, or perhaps are afraid that their glances will be misinterpreted as an invitation to hit on them. I've gotten the abrupt turn away when checking a girl out before, or in most cases I just felt "invisible" to some pretty girl at the mall or the market who looks right past me as I'm sneaking a glance. Not a big deal, it keeps me out of trouble anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships