U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 11:51 PM

3,440 posts, read 7,043,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RUGGED4YOU View Post
What was your favorite date you went on? Now don't laugh, but mine was on a fishing trip with a very beautiful woman. She was separated from her husband and I knew her since we were kids. She played softball in high school with my sister also. After her separation, she looked me up and things kinda took off from there. She wanted to go out and didn't want to go the traditional route. I suggested we take my bass boat to the lake and do a little fishing. She thought it was a great idea and so we went ahead and did it. When we got out on the lake she stripped her Daisy Duke cutoffs and had a very sexy bikini on underneath. OMG, I think I almost dropped my pole?LOL..... She sat on the front deck in the pedestal seat. I don't think I could do much fishing that day? I wasn't the only one who liked what I saw. It wasn't long and all the pervs came out of the woodwork and started circling the boat and starring at her. Come on fellas, is this the first time you saw a beautiful woman in a bikini?LOL..... We ended up having a great time and she did quite well catching fish. I thought I finally found the woman of my dreams? Unfortunately, her husband shaped his act up and she ended up going back to him. -1 for Rugged again! Does anyone want to share their favorite date?

LOL!! cool story..

As far as myself, my first dates were not all THAT fun because it's really a process of getting to know somebody, but I must say, that I would plan "dates" when I was in my last relationship and we had much more fun simply because we knew each other and we could relax and just have a good time because the "get to know you" part was over.

So with that being said, my last GF and I would plan "dates" where we would rent rooms in expensive hotels on the top floors and bring along TONS of food and just forget the world, ohhhh....... for a good 48 hours!!!!!!!

Yea, we stayed at the Venetian! We got a bill for 130.00 for breakfast in bed

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2010, 11:57 PM

2,383 posts, read 5,392,468 times
Hmmm...I guess my favorite date would have to be my first date when I was in high school! I think because it was so new and exciting to get picked up by a guy with a car! lol! I think we went to Ruby Tuesday's or some chain restaurant like that but it my first so it would have to be my favorite!

Old 01-12-2010, 11:58 PM

29,579 posts, read 31,873,977 times
One that stands out was a trip to Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk when I was still a teen. It was a group outing that turned into a date somewhere along the way.

I remember more BAD dates than good ones but the sweetest ones were not elaborate or overly planned, they just unfolded in front of us.

Old 01-13-2010, 12:10 AM

2,115 posts, read 4,385,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ablees8951 View Post
OH that reminds me! Another time we went out we were walking on the side walk and I was closest to the road, well that only lasted a min until he said he had to switch spots with me. I was again shocked the last guy who had said that to me was a close friend of mine when I was 14!!

I once asked my ex why he didnt walk on the side closest to the road and he said "your a big girl you'll be fine." Yea I'm not kidding!

Its little things like opening doors, pulling out chairs, walking on the side of the road, etc that mean the most.
I had never heard of the whole "walking on the side of the road" thing (never walked on the side of the roads much growing up - twice at most) until this past summer when I was in Eastern Europe (a little grittier than the standard USA) and one of the American guys I was with would always walk on the side of the road, street, sidewalk, etc. whenever he was with me or another girl. I found it very endearing.

Old 01-13-2010, 12:21 AM

2,115 posts, read 4,385,572 times
My favorite date involved me and a guy (who was an old, casual friend) having dessert and coffee at a charming little cafe and then walking around the even more charming downtown that was all lit up (no, it wasn't Christmas time). I felt like I was in a movie.

And the best part was that everything just evolved. . . we hadn't planned it to be a date. Like another poster said, it's not so much what you do, but who you do it with.

And the even more ironic part was that I stayed the night with him, BUT it was completely innocent because I was planning on driving back home that night, but obviously lost track of time. He was a complete gentleman and even let me have his bed while he slept on the couch.

Old 01-13-2010, 12:24 AM

15,068 posts, read 17,019,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
One that stands out was a trip to Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk when I was still a teen. It was a group outing that turned into a date somewhere along the way.

I remember more BAD dates than good ones but the sweetest ones were not elaborate or overly planned, they just unfolded in front of us.

We used to hang at 'The Boardwalk'. lived in Monterey area.

Old 01-13-2010, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
I had never heard of the whole "walking on the side of the road" thing (never walked on the side of the roads much growing up - twice at most) until this past summer when I was in Eastern Europe (a little grittier than the standard USA) and one of the American guys I was with would always walk on the side of the road, street, sidewalk, etc. whenever he was with me or another girl. I found it very endearing.

I've always walked on the gutter side walking with my Gals.

i was raised with manners......

Old 01-13-2010, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
My favorite date involved me and a guy (who was an old, casual friend) having dessert and coffee at a charming little cafe and then walking around the even more charming downtown that was all lit up (no, it wasn't Christmas time). I felt like I was in a movie.

And the best part was that everything just evolved. . . we hadn't planned it to be a date. Like another poster said, it's not so much what you do, but who you do it with.

And the even more ironic part was that I stayed the night with him, BUT it was completely innocent because I was planning on driving back home that night, but obviously lost track of time. He was a complete gentleman and even let me have his bed while he slept on the couch.

Well, i'm sure i would have behaved thusly also...

Old 01-13-2010, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvcgal View Post
Hmmm...I guess my favorite date would have to be my first date when I was in high school! I think because it was so new and exciting to get picked up by a guy with a car! lol! I think we went to Ruby Tuesday's or some chain restaurant like that but it my first so it would have to be my favorite!

We took my beloved black 1962 chevie Impala 2door hardtop, 409, 4-speed to the back rows of the drive-in...

OH!!!.. the memories

MaMa Mia...

heehee

Old 01-13-2010, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post
LOL!! cool story..

As far as myself, my first dates were not all THAT fun because it's really a process of getting to know somebody, but I must say, that I would plan "dates" when I was in my last relationship and we had much more fun simply because we knew each other and we could relax and just have a good time because the "get to know you" part was over.

So with that being said, my last GF and I would plan "dates" where we would rent rooms in expensive hotels on the top floors and bring along TONS of food and just forget the world, ohhhh....... for a good 48 hours!!!!!!!

Yea, we stayed at the Venetian! We got a bill for 130.00 for breakfast in bed

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..they comped me suite several times cuz they considered me a whale...

which i am not

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or