Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 07:52 PM

4,941 posts, read 8,324,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
Just for the record, I wouldn't be bringing home another woman and my concerns regarding a partner coming out as bisexual in our relationship are purely for the emotional distress it would cause me because I can only be female, therefore I would not be able to fully satisfy his needs and I don't really want to be in a relationship like that. (with a heterosexual man either).

I understand that if a guy IS bisexual it can be difficult to mention such a thing but I would be pissed if he didn't tell me.

I have no problem being friends with bisexuals. A couple of my friends are and I love them to bits and have absolutely no concerns about them with regard AIDS or any other disease ABOVE AND BEYOND the normal concerns I have of any of my friends becoming infected but ultimately I don't have the kind of emotional make up that could cope with being involved with a bisexual. SO it's not really about them. It's about recognizing what I can and cannot cope with.
Well said! I agree!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2010, 07:54 PM

4,103 posts, read 7,024,908 times
I'd say, 'I guess it's time for that threesome!'

Jk. Actually, I'd be pretty devastated and ask for a divorce.

Old 01-12-2010, 08:01 PM

1,517 posts, read 2,318,986 times
As Tammy Wynette said, "D I V O R C E!"

Old 01-12-2010, 09:45 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,543,680 times
You can't really control your sexual orientation. I would assume he'd be no different than any hetero or gay man who knows right from wrong. If he said he wanted to actually pursue being with other people, it wouldn't matter if it was a man or woman. It would be over.

Old 01-12-2010, 10:35 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,163,673 times
Default Ladies, How would you react if your Husband/BF told you he was Bisexual?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SATX_GUY View Post
What if he wanted to continue to be with guys (as well as be with you).

-Steve
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldwine View Post
Right, because straight people are so conspicuously monogamous. And HIV is clearly a gays-only disease. With a divorce rate eclipsing 50%, and hetero men being so notoriously short on libido in comparison to their gay counterparts, breeders are looking fabulous in comparison.

This is the kind of reasoning that doesn't pick off the weak ones fast enough.

So what if they're bi? It doesn't mean that they're sleeping around. It doesn't mean that they aren't monogamous, if you also can't handle not being the most important person in a relationship. If your ego is that brittle that you can't handle that, you just shouldn't be dating period. I'm always amazed and a little disturbed at how vanilla most of my fellow Americans are.
WTH??? The way I read the original post, the guy says that he is bisexual and wants to have sex with other guys as well as me. And that's cheating, plain and simple. How else should I take my boyfriend or husband telling me that he wants to "continue to be with guys (as well as be with me)"? Especially if that man is my husband. How else can he still continue to be with guys?

My issue is only the cheating aspect of the situation, not that bisexuals are more likely to have STD's or cheat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixierox View Post
Very well said Coldwine!!!!

I guess there's a great double standard when it comes to men being bisexual. When a woman wants to bring home another woman, men are all for it.
Again WTH??? This question was directed at the womenfolk. And there is no double standard here. And if I were bisexual, my heterosexual boyfriend would not want me bringing home a woman to do a threesome with. He actually would be rather horrified if I did... just as I would be if he brought home a man to join us in our bedroom.

And if that's being vanilla, then so be it. Call us boring people, but it's not going to make us change our ways in order to be cool and hip to the likes of you.

Old 01-12-2010, 11:11 PM

2,383 posts, read 6,057,572 times
Quote:

-Steve
I would leave!!! I don't share!

Old 01-13-2010, 12:24 AM

146 posts, read 267,841 times
Isn't this supposed to be the end of a marriage?

I suppose a marriage is ultimately about what two people make of it. What do you make of it? What are your feelings?

If this man has only recently discovered his bisexuality then I would also be concerned about the 'kid in the candy shop' phenomena.

Don't give him permission unless your thoughts and emotions genuinely tell you that this is the kind of compromise you can, and want to, live with.

Last edited by Lost&Found; 01-13-2010 at 12:43 AM.. Reason: Realised I read the post incorrectly.

Old 01-13-2010, 07:27 AM

3,860 posts, read 8,451,439 times
Quote:

-Steve
That would be the end of our relationship.

Old 01-13-2010, 07:29 AM

3,059 posts, read 8,283,555 times
Quote:
My response? "Yeah. Whatever sweetheart. Don't let the door hit you on the a$$ on your way out the door."

Old 01-13-2010, 07:30 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,551,038 times
OP is this question about you? I kinda got that feeling from reading some of your posts in the past. Don't expect your wife/GF to think it's all good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships