Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 10:05 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,464,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays1983 View Post
He's not TVSG. I would hope you wouldn't have to compete over basketball. As far as asking him, just be really casual about it.

Just say you got a couple tickets to that game and if can have first dibs if he'd like to go. And if he says no, just drop kick him in the nuts.
Football...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2010, 05:06 AM

134 posts, read 286,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
Ask him out. This is the 21st century. I'd be totally flattered if I were him and you asked me. The furthest thing from my mind would be that you were 'desperate' or trying to hard. Instead, I'd be thinking, "hey, this girl likes me...yay !!"
Thanks Mike! You are right, because that is EXACTLY how I felt when he asked me to the movies last week. I remember thinking "yay, he likes me!!!" LOL. It's funny because, when I don't like someone I can easily ask them out or do things without really caring, BUT on the rare occassion I do like a person, asking the simplest questions become difficult. Or maybe it's just me?

Old 01-20-2010, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays1983 View Post
He's not TVSG. I would hope you wouldn't have to compete over basketball. As far as asking him, just be really casual about it.

Just say you got a couple tickets to that game and if can have first dibs if he'd like to go. And if he says no, just drop kick him in the nuts.
Jay, you are too funny! I am planning to ask him casually sometime today. I know for certain that he likes basketball, but I am worried about how I am coming across to him. I don't want to seem overly interested, and drive him away. He suggested the movie last week, so in effort to show intererst in return, I thought it would be a good idea to ask him to the game. I'm trying to take it easy, and relax, therefore I do all my freaking out here on the forum so by the time I talk to him I am at ease! Ha!! Anyway, I appreciate the input!

Old 01-20-2010, 06:04 AM

***UPDATE*** well I just asked him to the game on Saturday and he said that he couldn't cause he already has plans oh well....

Old 01-20-2010, 06:16 AM

11,393 posts, read 24,436,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoiled1 View Post
***UPDATE*** well I just asked him to the game on Saturday and he said that he couldn't cause he already has plans oh well....
Well, don't let it bother you, people do have plans sometimes.

Now go find something to distract yourself for awhile and see if he decides to offer another invitation. This phase of a new relationship can be nerve wracking, but well worth it. If nothing more comes of it, then you haven't disgraced yourself by chasing after him too much.

Old 01-20-2010, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
Well, don't let it bother you, people do have plans sometimes.

Now go find something to distract yourself for awhile and see if he decides to offer another invitation. This phase of a new relationship can be nerve wracking, but well worth it. If nothing more comes of it, then you haven't disgraced yourself by chasing after him too much.
Thanks Ellie...yeah I feel a bit bummed, but it's all good. You're right this phase is nerve wracking and distraction is what I seriously need right now, lol... Even though I'm sad I am still planning to go to the game on Saturday!

Old 01-20-2010, 01:08 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,464,507 times
Quote:
Thanks Mike! You are right, because that is EXACTLY how I felt when he asked me to the movies last week. I remember thinking "yay, he likes me!!!" LOL. It's funny because, when I don't like someone I can easily ask them out or do things without really caring, BUT on the rare occassion I do like a person, asking the simplest questions become difficult. Or maybe it's just me?
I don't know about everyone else, but I'm like that, too. When the 'stakes' are higher, the pressure to do or say the right thing(s) goes through the roof. I tell myself to be cool (and I am certain I've said the same to others), but saying is a lot easier than doing - d'oh! We're human...

Old 01-25-2010, 08:05 PM

***UPDATE*** So I met a guy and I thought we were off to a good start....well I found out this morning that "he's not in the dating phase until he finds the right one. And someone from church is trying to hook him up with another girl in the church (one of his boys is "looking out for him"). He then goes on to say he is being led by God only. "Staying in the word, trusting and praying for what he is to do".
Needless to say I am confused and don't understand men. I guess assumed too much too soon.

Old 02-01-2010, 04:54 PM

3,284 posts, read 3,523,179 times
Quote:
***UPDATE*** So I met a guy and I thought we were off to a good start....well I found out this morning that "he's not in the dating phase until he finds the right one. And someone from church is trying to hook him up with another girl in the church (one of his boys is "looking out for him"). He then goes on to say he is being led by God only. "Staying in the word, trusting and praying for what he is to do".
Needless to say I am confused and don't understand men. I guess assumed too much too soon.
Haha, what a douchebag. Consider yourself lucky.

Old 02-01-2010, 05:23 PM

37,121 posts, read 42,186,006 times
When someone uses God as an excuse there is usually something wrong with them that they don't want you to know about. I would stay freindly if he initiates conversation but I would NOT iniatiate any more contact if I were you. Guys, especially the religious ones, ought to know that they need to prove their worth to a woman not the other way around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships