Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 09:34 PM

2,163 posts, read 4,339,802 times

Advertisements

I finally got back on a couple online dating sites after a break-up three months ago, and so far haven't been out on any dates.

However, this isn't because guys haven't contacted me. In fact, I probably get about two or three e-mails or "winks and/or icebreakers" every day. The problem is none of the guys who've contacted me really "wow" me.

I'm wondering though, what's worse? Going out on a date that most likely won't end up in romance, or staying home watching TV and posting on C-D?

So, I guess I'm looking for a bit of encouragement to just get out there and go on a few dates with guys, even if they're not "all that". I might end up at least making a new friend or two, yes?

I just hate the thought of leading anyone on, or wasting someone's time.

Dating sucks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2010, 09:38 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,539,444 times
You'll never know until you meet them. But I was fine when someone cancelled. I was glad I didn't have to get dressed up and do my hair and stuff.

Old 01-12-2010, 09:43 PM

2,382 posts, read 4,590,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical Trouble View Post
So, I guess I'm looking for a bit of encouragement to just get out there and go on a few dates with guys, even if they're not "all that". I might end up at least making a new friend or two, yes?
Go out! Have fun! Don't think of it as a date...think of it as a reason to get out of the house

Old 01-12-2010, 09:47 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
I'm wondering though, what's worse? Going out on a date that most likely won't end up in romance, or staying home watching TV and posting on C-D?
Sorry I can't provide any encouragement, TT. I enjoy posting a whole lot more than some bland dead-end "date"!

Quote:
Dating sucks!
Wholeheartedly agree with this one!

Old 01-12-2010, 09:48 PM

525 posts, read 947,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wigirl920 View Post
Go out! Have fun! Don't think of it as a date...think of it as a reason to get out of the house

Good advice.. what the heck is 'dating'

Old 01-12-2010, 09:48 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,037,773 times
Quote:
In fact, I probably get about two or three e-mails or "winks and/or icebreakers" every day. The problem is none of the guys who've contacted me really "wow" me.
And what is "wow" to you?

Old 01-12-2010, 09:49 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wigirl920 View Post
Dang, now you're doing it to me! I was just getting on here to type this EXACT thing

Tropical, just look at these outings as opportunities to make a new friend or two - don't go into it like you are looking for romance and it will all be a much better experience

Old 01-12-2010, 09:51 PM

3,284 posts, read 3,523,555 times
Quote:
I finally got back on a couple online dating sites after a break-up three months ago, and so far haven't been out on any dates.

However, this isn't because guys haven't contacted me. In fact, I probably get about two or three e-mails or "winks and/or icebreakers" every day. The problem is none of the guys who've contacted me really "wow" me.

!
Not sure how a guy can "wow" you with an internet profile, but I say go for it. You have my permission to date again.

Old 01-12-2010, 09:51 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,539,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Tropical, just look at these outings as opportunities to make a new friend or two - don't go into it like you are looking for romance and it will all be a much better experience
So true, I've made some good friends and even got work out of it too.

Old 01-12-2010, 09:52 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,668,568 times
I think you are better off staying home.

Years ago I used to have the thinking date or go out at all costs and that I had to keep moving. As a result I went on a lot of crap dates that I wasted a huge amount of time and money on. These were women that I just knew were a waste of time, but for whatever reason just thought I had to keep dating. And to the point that I wasn't really aware of the big picture. It was a roommate that said what are you doing bouncing from girl to girl? Especially ones you know aren't worth two craps in the south china sea?

I believe in quality over quantity. If there is no guy you are seeing that really zings you, then don't bother. You are wasting your time and their time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships