Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 11:16 AM

44,256 posts, read 64,099,601 times

Advertisements

I think there are a lot of women like that. It makes me nuts, too, op.

Lesser morally, intellectually, etc? At 24, most males are still thinking with their *ahems*. Doesn't that count for something? Certainly doesn't make for bastions of morality or intellectual superiority.

You need to expand your circle of women. I am and I know plenty of women who are completely secure in who they are, who see themselves as contributors to and protectors of their community, who are neither petty nor small-minded...

I think you will find a lot of people who are like these women. Those immersed so fully in the rat race that they live beyond their means and place all their worth in the eyes of others. I think that is clear when we see all the bankruptcies stemming from folks trying to keep up with the Joneses, buying cars, houses, jewelry, vacations they can't afford...HALF those folks are men, I'm afraid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2010, 11:21 AM

917 posts, read 2,939,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mehhh View Post
A closet homosexual simultaneously frustrated at his inability to garner adoring hot women, while drowning in fat, ugly self-loathing. That's certainly one plausible theory.

Or, could be a dude with self-made money, academic success and a string of sexual trophies almost of as long as -well, long- that has simply made some not-so-flattering observations.

Tis' the internet after all, and I'm certainly not going to produce pictures. If the former scenario helps you sleep better, by all means. I'm a healer.
You wanna talk success? Ok, graduated from a top ranked liberal arts college with an A average and got some research published. Research was then named some of the best research to come out that year and republished. Went on to grad school got my Masters in 1 year from a program with an excellent INTERNATIONAL ranking in my field at 22. At 23, I began a very successful career that I love. I decided to go back to school this year for my own betterment (and terminal degree) and at the moment, I am being recruited by Harvard.

Thing is, I also have an amazing relationship with an equally smart and successful wonderful man. He loves me because I am smart and successful and fun. I have wonderful friends and we don't gossip or back-stab. So you've screwed lots of women- it's quality over quantity, my friend. I can guarantee that if I wanted to, I could put your string of women to shame, but I'm not interested in notches on my bedpost.

I wouldn't for one second pretend all women are goddess- that's nonsense. I also wouldn't put men on a pedestal either- there are a lot of loser guys as well.

I don't doubt that you are smart and successful. What I take offense to is that you are lumping an entire GENDER based on your clearly limited experiences with women.

Old 01-14-2010, 01:13 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,619,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StinaTado View Post
You wanna talk success?

No, actually, please spare me from a list of your accomplishments.

Old 01-14-2010, 03:13 PM

19,045 posts, read 25,123,634 times
Quote:
Is that what I'm doing? Of course not.
How can you say that's not what you're doing? Unless I completely misunderstand what you're getting at.

Quote:
O.K. A personal shot as a prereq. for the onslaught of an argument, I can take that.

Well damn, the argument didn't come.
Keep trying, mehhh. I'm simply translating for you.

Quote:
To be honest braunwyn I don't remember the data linked in the other thread. I do remember it being it being an interesting but irrelevant aside that you presenting an all-encompassing rebuttal. Perhaps you can dig it up again?
You can find it in your subs pretty easily. The laziness will only go so far; enough of the google monkey bating already. Either way, you made assertions of physiological differences to account for intellectual disparities between the races, without a lick of evidence on your part (outside the goofiness that comprises the Bell Curve), which was challenged by one simple link. A rebuttal does not need to be all-encompassing when the initial argument is weak; it was, it is, and it seems that it will remain so.

Quote:
Pioneering=+/- clapping mindlessly at a yammering that does nothing to address why:
When your only options confine you to the bleachers, your argument might hold water. Obviously, we're not speaking of non-players.

Quote:
women are more petty, driven by incredible insecurity, rendering them largely unable to even consider highly complex thoughts and behaviors outside immediate self-interest(subjective)

can't hold a candle to men in the workplace across-the-board(not-so-subjective, unless you presuppose impenetrable bias as self-evident)

can't digest the levels of information that will propel our species to new levels beyond the pale blue dot(math and science) (not-so-subject, unless...). Indeed, I recall a pretty decent man getting fired for timidly speculating on this topic.
Yes, of course this is the case because another man^10 says it's the case. Sorry, that's about as boring as can be. The sentiment has been regurgitated so many times that it's lost it's form. eta: Another thing to keep in mind is that you will receive responses based on what you post. It's silly to complain about yawning readers when your script renders it.

An no, he was not fired. He promptly received a raise. This was followed by a reckoning, and rightly so.

Old 01-14-2010, 04:16 PM

2,618 posts, read 6,147,347 times
Quote:
In grad school, I worked very closely for hours on end with a small circle of women. These women were from upper-class backgrounds, were reasonably intelligent and are today doing very well for themselves financially across the board. They have pretty faces and lots of Facebook friends, suave condo's or houses, dopey (but providing) husbands and 2.2 kids. You know- The Dream. This is why they had such an impression on me; these are considered to be the women most strive to be, if my social understanding is at all correct.

And yet, the unrelenting pettiness. The seething self-hatred and insecurity that drove almost every thought, even to the degree that it was subconscious. The back-stabbing amongst each other. How none of them- literally none- could hold off on speaking ill about the woman who had just left the room five minutes prior. "I don't want to be mean, she's my friend, but..." Pathetic. That type of stuff simply doesn't exist in mass amongst male friendships. Say what you will about macho tendencies that manifest into violence, but IMO male relationships tend to be much more grounded. Much more real.

If I'm totally honest, my personal relationships with women, aside from my mother (the relationship is really irrelevant as per obvious bias)have lead me to become beyond cynical on the whole. I intuitively view women as lesser, morally and intellectually, while trying to correct my instinct. I've never met a woman in my life who I honestly, genuinely thought had done the psychological work required to be happy enough with herself and society to realize any semblance of true happiness or generosity. I've never met a woman who has done the tough work required, during The Climb, to learn about herself or human nature to the degree I have. Pretentious? Gross? Probably. The beauty of anonymity shines through again!

I think a lot of men feel this way, but are blinded by biologically-induced allegiance to their mothers good name, or by the similarly distracting charms of sexuality.

I don't think my instinct is wrong here, but it's a poor way to lead your life for selfish reasons. I'm working hard at finding new avenues of worth in the opposite sex beyond, well, sex. It's trying.

I feel better getting that out, heh. I'm 24. Lotsa' time to figure it out, I guess.
I agree to an extent. However most of the women I know that truly are worth the skin they wear are married or engaged.

Good luck to you, I appreciated reading this post.

Old 01-14-2010, 04:30 PM

127 posts, read 311,188 times
I don't know where you live, but I would suggest moving to a different state. I'm not saying that all of the women in your state are like that, but you really need to get out and meet many more women, of all sizes, races, and ages. I know some truly amazing, beautiful, kind-hearted women. I also know some pretty awful ones, my sister being one of them. You need to expand your horizons! Please don't judge all of us based on the behaviors of a few!

Old 01-14-2010, 05:23 PM

302 posts, read 606,360 times
Quote:
Or, could be a dude with self-made money, academic success and a string of sexual trophies almost of as long as -well, long- that has simply made some not-so-flattering observations.

Tis' the internet after all, and I'm certainly not going to produce pictures. If the former scenario helps you sleep better, by all means. I'm a healer.
I am sorry and am not really trying to be rude....you are entitled to your opinion of women, as unrealistic as it may be hence NOT all women are as you described.

Perhaps, I misunderstood....for if you were a "dude with self-made money, academic success and a string of sexual trophies almost of as long as -well, long"...then I just am honestly wondering

why you would choose to spend your time (if you actually had self-made money - wouldn't you be interested in making more money, spending time researching potential investments OR is it that you are a very lonely person filled with bitterness and you're just looking for some sympathy&/or compassion) -

sexual trophies ...now that puzzles me. I find it difficult to believe that a woman would be interested in sex with you unless you are paying them for it (I say that only because you are so bitter toward our gender and there are some women that will have sex no matter how much they despise the man - but he has to pay A LOT of money)
AND if you have - a string of sexual trophies...again I wonder why you are on CD

Why would you want to waste your valuable (time is worth money if your any type of business entrepreneur); academic success (your intelligence) and sexual encounter time on US??? For apparently, we can't be saved by your words and you render us worthless.

My observation and psychological evaluation is this: your mother treated you very badly as a child, which was the beginning of your anger management issues with women. She either wasn't around at all; abandon you or you were ill-treated by her. Nonetheless, it has scared you for life. I would recommend seeking a counselor on the issue. You are still a young lad and there may still be hope for you. Either way...I wish you the best.

Old 01-14-2010, 07:00 PM

23,410 posts, read 36,849,719 times
Go read the OPs posts on other subjects, highly amusing!

Old 01-14-2010, 08:52 PM

994 posts, read 1,677,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber_factory View Post
No, actually, please spare me from a list of your accomplishments.
Isn't everyone online a MIT graduate with 10 different degrees and a NASA pilot on the weekends

Old 01-14-2010, 09:15 PM

4,892 posts, read 14,092,089 times
Quote:
In grad school, I worked very closely for hours on end with a small circle of women. These women were from upper-class backgrounds, were reasonably intelligent and are today doing very well for themselves financially across the board. They have pretty faces and lots of Facebook friends, suave condo's or houses, dopey (but providing) husbands and 2.2 kids. You know- The Dream. This is why they had such an impression on me; these are considered to be the women most strive to be, if my social understanding is at all correct.

And yet, the unrelenting pettiness. The seething self-hatred and insecurity that drove almost every thought, even to the degree that it was subconscious. The back-stabbing amongst each other. How none of them- literally none- could hold off on speaking ill about the woman who had just left the room five minutes prior. "I don't want to be mean, she's my friend, but..." Pathetic. That type of stuff simply doesn't exist in mass amongst male friendships. Say what you will about macho tendencies that manifest into violence, but IMO male relationships tend to be much more grounded. Much more real.

If I'm totally honest, my personal relationships with women, aside from my mother (the relationship is really irrelevant as per obvious bias)have lead me to become beyond cynical on the whole. I intuitively view women as lesser, morally and intellectually, while trying to correct my instinct. I've never met a woman in my life who I honestly, genuinely thought had done the psychological work required to be happy enough with herself and society to realize any semblance of true happiness or generosity. I've never met a woman who has done the tough work required, during The Climb, to learn about herself or human nature to the degree I have. Pretentious? Gross? Probably. The beauty of anonymity shines through again!

I think a lot of men feel this way, but are blinded by biologically-induced allegiance to their mothers good name, or by the similarly distracting charms of sexuality.

I don't think my instinct is wrong here, but it's a poor way to lead your life for selfish reasons. I'm working hard at finding new avenues of worth in the opposite sex beyond, well, sex. It's trying.

I feel better getting that out, heh. I'm 24. Lotsa' time to figure it out, I guess.
You're young & have time. I don't think you have the right target market.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships